May 01 2012
By: thebgj Sackboy 483 posts

I was told to come here by Sony

4 replies 1100 views Edited May 1, 2012

I sent this in to sony:

I updated my MLB 12 the show to 1.16 and it wont let me play rtts. It lets me load it but freezes at the schedule screen.....every time i try it, it freezes. I deleted the patch and still frozen. Downloaded it again still frozen, deleted it again still frozen . It lets me play other modes i just cant play my rtts where i purchased 4 packs of points ($20). can you guys refund me that?

1st response

Thank you for contacting Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA). My name is Cody, and I will be assisting you today. I apologize for any frustration that this may have caused you, and I would be happy to help you troubleshoot the PlayStation®3 system for freezing during your MLB® 12 The Show™ game, after the update.

I understand how frustrating this issue can be since I had a similar issue happen to me with my Batman: Arkham Asylum game. Please rest assured, I was able to correct the issue and I am sure we will also have a positive resolution for you.

This issue is typically caused by damaged or corrupted data on the Hard Disc Drive (HDD). We are usually able to correct this issue by deleting the Game Data Utility for the game(s) experiencing difficulty. To delete the Game Data utility, please follow the instructions below:

- Navigate to the 'Game' icon on the XrossMediaBar™ (XMB™).

- Select 'Game Data Utility' and hit 'X'

- Find the game title

- Press 'Triangle', then chose 'Delete'

After deleting the game data, go into Safe Mode and select option 3 (Restore File System). This will search for and repair any other damaged or corrupted files. Step by step instructions on how to access Safe Mode is located in this linkhttp://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1488, or you can follow the instructions below:

• Turn off the PS3™ by holding the Power button until the power light turns red.

• Press and hold the Power button until you hear 3 separate beeps (separated by about 5 seconds) and the power light goes from red to green and back to red.

• Press and hold the Power button again. This time listen for 2 single beeps (separated by about 5 seconds), followed by a rapid double beep. As soon as you hear the double beep, release the power button. The light on your system will still be green if this is done properly.

Next, Plug your controller in with the USB cable and you will see a menu with six options. For this troubleshooting, please choose option 3. After accessing Safe Mode 3, you will see a message indicating that the Hard Disk File System has been corrupted and will be restored. Press X to confirm the restoration.

If this option does not fix the issue, the link below includes further troubleshooting:

Game not Loading or Playing

Article Link: http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/921

If this is unsuccessful, access Safe Mode again and choose option 5 (Restore PS3™ system). Please be aware this does delete all data from the PS3™, so you may want to back up your data. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. If you would like more information on backing up your data, you can visit the link below:

Using the Backup Utility

Article Link: http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/798

If the steps above do not resolve the issue, either the disc would need to be replaced, or the system will need to come in for service. Service information is included in the troubleshooting link above.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your time and patience, as well as giving me the opportunity to assist you with your system. Also Jorge, you may receive a brief survey regarding this correspondence. If you do receive a survey, I would really appreciate any feedback or comments you can give about my personal response to you. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Cody W.

Consumer Services

1-800-345-7669

http://us.playstation.com

2nd response

You have reached the Consumer Services Department within Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA). We handle all general inquiries for our PlayStation® family of products, warranty and repair information, installation and troubleshooting, general corporate business inquiries, and third party software referrals, just to name a few.

Very specific questions regarding in-game functionality, we must request you to visit the Forums or the Moderating Team at www.us.playstation.com.

Message 1 of 5 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
483 posts

Re: I was told to come here by Sony

May 1, 2012

also i have $20 in RTTS points....can i get a refund? Or another $20 worth in RTTS points for my next save file?

Message 2 of 5 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 26, 2012
I've been havin the same problems with my game. I will have to try out the tips to reformat my system. As for your packs not sure on how to get that resolved.
Message 3 of 5 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 27, 2012

i also have the same problem i spent like 15 dollars worth training points and i dont know why but my ps3 deleted my whole mlb the show file so i lost everything

Message 4 of 5 (981 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

totaly weak

Sep 1, 2012

i lost $15.00 in credits for my diamond dynasty team purchased classic stadiums $4.99 and did not receive purchased 16.000 credits $9.99 for diamond dynasty and did not receive i can only imagine how many thousands of dollars people have been ripped off purchasing these add ons probably upwards of millions worldwide and yet neither 1-800-345-sony or this web site does nothing to help refund our money all im told is that its an in game issue and they wont refund my purchase i mean atleast return the funds back to our accounts or give us the add ons we paid for what the ffffff this is wrong its called stealing....

Message 5 of 5 (960 Views)
0 Likes