Jun 01 2008
By: NiteLordz~ Sackboy 450 posts

I know it's not the right spot....

7 replies 2 views Edited Jun 1, 2008

but, 2 outs, bottom of the 6th, 2nd and 3rd, 0-2 count, down by 1, and my son knocks a double to the left center gap... walk off double...  got to love little league baseball at 1030 at night...

sorry to all who will complain that this is not the right place, but... so be it.

whats your best memory

Message 1 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
741 posts

Re: I know it's not the right spot....

Jun 1, 2008
my first home run when i was 8. my mom was the third base coach and told me to hold, but i kept running and got it. i'll never forget it.
Message 2 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 1, 2008
my HS team was losing 4-2 in the bottom of the final(7th) inning, i was a senior, we had men on 2nd and 3rd, a sophomore up, he was down 0-2, hit a game tying single, followed by striking out the side in the top of the 8th, I led off the bottom of the 8th with a double and the next guy hit a bloop single into left, i scored the game winning run, oh i forgot to mention it was the first round of the playoffs also, otherwise not really a big deal.  Getting mobbed by your teammates at home plate is one of the greatest feelings in the world

psn-kunner34
Message 3 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1056 posts

Jun 1, 2008

My first year as a little leaguer, (no T-ball experience).  I get a single and 1st base coach instructs me that when the next batter hits the ball, I am to run straight down this line (he points to 2nd while I'm looking elsewhere).  Next batter makes contact, I start running down the line, head down as fast as I can go, crowd screaming.... yup it was the right field line.  Most embarrasin.

Flash forward 3yrs.  Im at bat with game winner in scoring position, I pull a rocket straight down towards the 3rd baseman, it pops him in the mouth, breaks his teeth, and the ball rolls into left field... we win... poor kid.

Message 4 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3380 posts

Jun 1, 2008

NiteLordz wrote:

but, 2 outs, bottom of the 6th, 2nd and 3rd, 0-2 count, down by 1, and my son knocks a double to the left center gap... walk off double...  got to love little league baseball at 1030 at night...

sorry to all who will complain that this is not the right place, but... so be it.

whats your best memory

f'n-A little league was good times. I was more of a backyard ball player, and to be honest I couldn't make solid contact to save my life, even on the pitching machines. With that said, since playing wasn't exactly my strength, when I found out that I would get to be on the Red Sox for my little league team I went crazy. I had been stuck on the Indians over and over (no offense to any of you fans out there) and I wanted to be my home team so badly. Sure we were terrible and probably finished in last place that season, but man nothing was better than getting to put on that cap like Wade Boggs and pretend to be him for a day. Not to mention at the end of the season we went to a Sox home game and got to be on the big screen for the "Red Sox Welcome:" sort of thing. I was in heaven.
soxsig
Message 5 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
513 posts

Jun 1, 2008

It's cool.  It brings some of us older posters back to our days of when we played as a kid.

Here's my one baseball story.  I was catching for my 8th grade team and we had a dude who wasn't the best pitcher.  It was kinda funny after the end of the game when we looked at the scorebook.  He had thrown a no-hitter, but it took us a 3-run, 2-out rally in the bottom of the 7th to win 8-7.  Yup, he walked like 14, hit 4-5 batters, and had about 4-5 wild pitches.  And yeah, it woulda been more had I not blocked a few.  It was a tough day for me behind the plate...lol.

Message 6 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jun 1, 2008
I was playing centerfield for my 8th grade team and I robbed homer from a guy. It would have only been a solo shot but I remember the look on his face from where he was stopped between first and second, it was priceless. He ended up going to high school with me and I would tease him about it. Good times.

Message 7 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
2057 posts

Jun 1, 2008

NiteLordz wrote:

whats your best memory

hey, that's great.  I remember when you posted about your son in little league a couple years ago.  It's good to hear that he's having success.  My best memory still happens to be when I struck out 7 in three innings in my pitching debut in little league.  It was a debut that almost didn't happen because I went in only after the starter got injured in the second inning.
Message 8 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes