Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 04 2010
By: BudLightskie Lombax Warrior 144 posts

Help PLEASE!!

3 replies 2 views Edited Mar 4, 2010

I went and bought the show the day it came out and so far im loving it! This is my first attempt at the show series and i started  my rtts as a starting pitcher. I got traded which made me sad but im getting used to my new club. anyway on to my question. can someone help me with the pitching meter. I think im starting to figure it out but still suck at hitting my spots. i one click to stop the meter, second click to stop it around the red and my third to stop it back around the first slash. I have no idea if i am doing this correctly. I havent earned a starting job yet but am doing ok at relief but i just want to know the correct way to use the meter. this is my first baseball game since the n64 so im a huge noob! ha. any help would be appreciated thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Re: Help PLEASE!!

Mar 4, 2010

Yeah, thats pretty much it.

You usually want to mix it up,  So there could be three Fastballs:

In the yellow, between the yellow and red and then red.

They have their fallouts, Yellow is more hittable and red you lose more control, so it will fly more.

the last drop on the better after selecting yellow, mid or red, when it comes back down to the starting position, determines accuracy.

so you might want to hit it on the line when coming back down.

on certain occassions, you might not want to hit head on,  you might want it to go either above or below the line:

IE:  i want to throw a nice Change up put unhittable, i would:

in the Strike zone, i am for around the knees, when i start the pitchign meter, i stop it at the mid point and on the way down, i let go right below the line.

its alomost like i am trying to make the ball look like its going to paint the box but drops below,  usually ends up a grounder or a swing and a miss.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (2 Views)
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Mar 4, 2010

left out one thing,

Since its RTTS, you need to improve your stats, before you control, accuracy and velocity are that of Major leaguer.  so Don't expect to be perfect with your guy in the first couple of season.

it takes time to build your character or this matter, Player.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (2 Views)
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Mar 4, 2010

thanks alot for the help! really appreciate the info

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes