Fender Bender
3863 posts

Re: What the **bleep** is going on with the MAG server now with launching half empty games

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

bestuvthebest wrote:
did this 'bout a month ago... it worked itself out last time hopefully it'll do the same this time.
Pre ordered Black ops II, going to be multiplayer level :0 campaign completed: 0% zombies leaderboard: #1
It just makes me realize how amazing MAG multiplayer was. Zombies is the only half decent thing in COD and it gets boring after one moderate length game. You can say MAG is dead, but i'm going to stay until the very end
#MAG4EVER

It's been doing it for a long time now in other game modes like Interdiction and Escalation where it will launch a game and one or more PMC's won't even have half the number of players they should. So it's either a server issue or just something they've done to make it so that you can get into those game modes with the lower player counts but in Sabotage they might as well just shut the servers off if they try and do that there because it ruins the gameplay.

If the Sony network team that does maintenance on the MAG server wanted to do something to actually speed up the queue's and get people into games fast they should lock everything but Sabotage and Domination or Sabotage and Acquisition and especially lock the hell out of Suppression. Suppression is a worthless game mode that serves no purpose other than for people glitching and teaching new players how NOT to play the game. I don't know many times I see the numbers in queue for Sabotage drop while Multiqueue'd all because countless players are getting dumped into Suppression.

Zipper locked all the game modes but the one or two they wanted us to play while beta testing the huge 2.0 patch in August 2010 so I don't see why they couldn't do that now to help with the low player counts. If should be an easy server side change.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Re: What the **bleep** is going on with the MAG server now with launching half empty games

Oct 5, 2012
does anyoneknow if their all unemployed or did they get recruited by other companies?(fomer-zipper employee's)

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Best grow up they call it war smart kid go get a GF and put down the game n GO BIG RED
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Oct 5, 2012
dude, legit why so much hate... i do remember you being in WK1, mad cause i kicked you?

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Hahaha really u bum u kicked me u kicked every one in the clan u smart kid in WK1 sucked u can't even finish games I play for fun I'm not a try hard like u r In I don't hate it's just u never shut up
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (341 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 5, 2012

i've only just brought the game and i can't get past the server update [600mb] it just hangs and does nothing

"Death to the demoness Allegra Geller”
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Twohot : "Zipper locked all the game modes... I don't see why they couldn't do that now..."

Maybe because Zipper doesn't exist anymore ?
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3863 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

ecky18 wrote:
Twohot : "Zipper locked all the game modes... I don't see why they couldn't do that now..."

Maybe because Zipper doesn't exist anymore ?

When I said "they" i was referring to Sony since there is still a network team that handles routine maintenance every so often to the MAG server. It was done server side without any downloaded update just like the XP bonuses Zipper added to certain game modes so i wouldn't think it'd be that difficult for them to disable specific game modes on the server.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (297 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 6, 2012

For what its worth, i couldn't even log into PSN before all the horribly mis-matched sabo games i played so, more likely a PSN problem that affected MAG in one way or another. It did work itself out eventually and to the interdiction and escalation mis-matches, i honestly expect that anymore but, more from lack of players then to some sony conspiracy theory....If they wanted it gone it would be, and when they do it will be...they'll make no excuses or try to run people off...its sony, and they could care less.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1467 posts

Re: What the **bleep** is going on with the MAG server launching half empty Sabo games

Oct 11, 2012
does anyoneknow if their all unemployed or did they get recruited by other companies?(fomer-zipper employee's)
-------------------------

I know that Dunham and at least one other Zipper guy are at a small startup game company called U4iA Games. You can find him at www.u4iagames.com
The Butterfly Effect [}!{]

Butterflies.engin.com ------ for when you get banned from here

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (183 Views)
0 Likes