Reply
Highlighted
Sackboy
Registered: 09/24/2011
Offline
535 posts
 

Re: We run dust.

Feb 18, 2013
_
I don't consider the warriors "real" mag players. They are a joke. If you want some real competition come play us. We are perfectly imperfect.
If I have any say in who we attack in null sec, we will be taking your stuff plymco. Either you give us 25% of everything you make or. . . We are taking all of it. Your choice.Smiley LOL

 

Message 51 of 71 (397 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/16/2011
Offline
3277 posts
 

Re: We run dust.

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Lol at saying DUST takes skill xD 

 

STB is at the top of the leaderboards yo LOL

 

I was going 30-0 after they reset the game the first time. Why? Simply because I started exactly after the reset so my gun did the same damage as everyone elses and no one had insane health buffs. Due to the fact the skill level of many DUST players is below that of bluedots... I could honestly take out the other team by myself with the crappy militia gear. I didn't play for a week after that, came back and got OHK'd from AR's by guys who would walk straight at me Smiley Sad

 

Also, any game where you buy damage boosters is going to be garbage. MAG had a good balance considering a lvl 1 can still kill a 99 vet with the basic AR. In DUST it takes 10 whole clips from a lvl 1 to kill anyone with an upgraded suit or health mods. MAG had it so if you used a buffed up gun you lose cc space so you can't run with heavy armour, too many  electronics etc.

 

Overall, DUST is a good game if you like RPG's. The problem is that a lot of MAG players thought DUST was going to be a great FPS but really it's only out so CCP can make some cash Smiley Happy Not a good FPS since "Pay-to-WIn" would be a much better name for the game Smiley Happy

 photo FreeRohullav1_zpsc97c3011.png
Message 52 of 71 (338 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/10/2012
Offline
861 posts
 

Re: We run dust.

Feb 27, 2013

xCougarx94 wrote:

Ydubbs_81 wrote:

I came on this forum for two reasons...to see if people are still playing this game and/or keeping the forums active. And to see what mag fanatics feel about Dust.

 

I'm not surprised though that MAG players do not like the game at first glance. Dust is a good game with insane potential (because they haven't implemented half the features they are going to) if you really give it a shot. But you can't go into Dust, expecting MAG 2. Dust is its own game with its own gameplay style and mechanics. MAG was (is) awesome but no other game compares to it so we need to stop using it as a reference.

 

I'm reading about movement speed and how the game takes no skill. But listen, better players are still at the top of the game. If the game required no skill, then everyone will have the same success but they don't. There are still elite, good, and nub corps with players that fit their standings. It has RPG elements, so  gear is a little bit of a factor but everyone is able to get the same gear as anyone else. It's not like in MAG where if you chose Valor, you can't use a Tamsen or ATAC.

 

But hey...whatever...all that I know is that I was a huge Dust hater until I gave it a shot. And I know a lot of other guys outside of my clan hated Dust and is now loving it.


dubbs you have to remeber these guys are not use rpg games if they played rpg games on the computer would understand who ever has better gear wins that just how the game is and the just won't accept it but yeah i agree with the game does potential 


Gear is a little bit of a factor in RPG games? Talk about the understatement of the century. I've been playing RPG games for over 10 years(RuneScape, AQW, Aika, Fiesta, Final Fantasy, etc, etc) and tbh, this doesn't even have the honor of being called one.

 

Dust is a crappy pay to win game created by CCP who created(an equally crappy) game called Eve. It's so grossly unfun and unbalanced that even with all these implementations people have been preaching about for months, it will still never be as good of an FPS as MAG, or as good of an RPG as many others, even 2d browser games like AQW.

 

Sorry CCP, you failed.

 

"Not many people believe in divine retribution. That's because this world's a lazy fellow. However, once in a blue moon, he does a good job." -Kirishima Yukihime

"UUUNIVERSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" - Kashiwazaki Sena
Message 53 of 71 (327 Views)
Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 03/28/2011
Offline
649 posts
 

Re: We run dust.

Feb 27, 2013

InTheBushes321 wrote:

xCougarx94 wrote:

Ydubbs_81 wrote:

I came on this forum for two reasons...to see if people are still playing this game and/or keeping the forums active. And to see what mag fanatics feel about Dust.

 

I'm not surprised though that MAG players do not like the game at first glance. Dust is a good game with insane potential (because they haven't implemented half the features they are going to) if you really give it a shot. But you can't go into Dust, expecting MAG 2. Dust is its own game with its own gameplay style and mechanics. MAG was (is) awesome but no other game compares to it so we need to stop using it as a reference.

 

I'm reading about movement speed and how the game takes no skill. But listen, better players are still at the top of the game. If the game required no skill, then everyone will have the same success but they don't. There are still elite, good, and nub corps with players that fit their standings. It has RPG elements, so  gear is a little bit of a factor but everyone is able to get the same gear as anyone else. It's not like in MAG where if you chose Valor, you can't use a Tamsen or ATAC.

 

But hey...whatever...all that I know is that I was a huge Dust hater until I gave it a shot. And I know a lot of other guys outside of my clan hated Dust and is now loving it.


dubbs you have to remeber these guys are not use rpg games if they played rpg games on the computer would understand who ever has better gear wins that just how the game is and the just won't accept it but yeah i agree with the game does potential 


Gear is a little bit of a factor in RPG games? Talk about the understatement of the century. I've been playing RPG games for over 10 years(RuneScape, AQW, Aika, Fiesta, Final Fantasy, etc, etc) and tbh, this doesn't even have the honor of being called one.

 

Dust is a crappy pay to win game created by CCP who created(an equally crappy) game called Eve. It's so grossly unfun and unbalanced that even with all these implementations people have been preaching about for months, it will still never be as good of an FPS as MAG, or as good of an RPG as many others, even 2d browser games like AQW.

 

Sorry CCP, you failed.

 



I couldn't agree more.

 

There is POTENTIAL with Dust, but the execution is poor.

 

Character movement is awful even when compared to any other FPS on the PS3 other than MAG.  The amount of ammunition it takes to kill someone who is "better" is insane.  The imbalance of Vetteran SVER players over Raven Noobs is but a blip on the radar compared to the Spruce Goose that is the imbalance of DUST. 

 

I have complained my fair share of how many bullets it takes to kill a SVER fatsuit, but in DUST you can unload three magazines and just barely get their shield down.  By that time someone rolls up in a tank or takes over a turret and you get killed with one or two shot that land somewhere close but don't actually hit you.

 

One of the greatest attributes of MAG is that the vehicles aren't severely OP.  Humvee's can be destroyed by one person with an assault rifle and enough time.

 

I like the customization of Dust, and don't even mind that you use ISK to purchase things.  But to make it so overwhelmingly imbalanced to those people who do purchase things makes those of us who want a good 1v1 battle cringe.

 

MAG is superior to all other FPS because of not just the scale, but the continuous 1v1 matchups you get requiring true SKILL to win.  The duration you must keep your aim on your target is high, but not so high as to make you reload 3 times. 

 

__________________________________________________________
- I wanted neutral maps. I now regret it. The incentive to vet to another PMC is gone.
- I wanted B and C slots. I now regret it. The loyalty to your PMC is all but vanished.
- I wanted clans. I now regret it. New randoms to the game get steamrolled by clans making them leave the game.
Message 54 of 71 (324 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/10/2012
Offline
861 posts
 

Re: We run dust.

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

commsnipes16 wrote:

Lol at saying DUST takes skill xD 

 

STB is at the top of the leaderboards yo LOL

 

I was going 30-0 after they reset the game the first time. Why? Simply because I started exactly after the reset so my gun did the same damage as everyone elses and no one had insane health buffs. Due to the fact the skill level of many DUST players is below that of bluedots... I could honestly take out the other team by myself with the crappy militia gear. I didn't play for a week after that, came back and got OHK'd from AR's by guys who would walk straight at me Smiley Sad

 

Also, any game where you buy damage boosters is going to be garbage. MAG had a good balance considering a lvl 1 can still kill a 99 vet with the basic AR. In DUST it takes 10 whole clips from a lvl 1 to kill anyone with an upgraded suit or health mods. MAG had it so if you used a buffed up gun you lose cc space so you can't run with heavy armour, too many  electronics etc.

 

Overall, DUST is a good game if you like RPG's. The problem is that a lot of MAG players thought DUST was going to be a great FPS but really it's only out so CCP can make some cash Smiley Happy Not a good FPS since "Pay-to-WIn" would be a much better name for the game Smiley Happy


Lololol, I didn't even read this. The fact that STB, who's absolute trash at FPS games, is at the top of the boards, says it all.

 

I still a little insulted that you're comparing it to an RPG, because it would fail just as bad, if not worse, but I love you, so I'll let it slide.

 

And @xipooo, that's one of the big problems for me, and probably the worst aspect, the gross imbalance of 1v1 gameplay like that. As you said, in MAG, a lvl 1 can kill a lvl 70 if they have game. I've grimmed at lvl 1, and it's tough b/c of the lack of gear/skill points, but it's possible.

 

In Dust, as a low lvl against people with ridiculous health/damage buffs? I might as well stuff an apple in my mouth and lie on the ground...

 

"Not many people believe in divine retribution. That's because this world's a lazy fellow. However, once in a blue moon, he does a good job." -Kirishima Yukihime

"UUUNIVERSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" - Kashiwazaki Sena
Message 55 of 71 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/24/2010
Offline
2188 posts
 

Re: We run dust.

Feb 28, 2013

InTheBushes321 wrote:

commsnipes16 wrote:

Lol at saying DUST takes skill xD 

 

STB is at the top of the leaderboards yo LOL

 

I was going 30-0 after they reset the game the first time. Why? Simply because I started exactly after the reset so my gun did the same damage as everyone elses and no one had insane health buffs. Due to the fact the skill level of many DUST players is below that of bluedots... I could honestly take out the other team by myself with the crappy militia gear. I didn't play for a week after that, came back and got OHK'd from AR's by guys who would walk straight at me Smiley Sad

 

Also, any game where you buy damage boosters is going to be garbage. MAG had a good balance considering a lvl 1 can still kill a 99 vet with the basic AR. In DUST it takes 10 whole clips from a lvl 1 to kill anyone with an upgraded suit or health mods. MAG had it so if you used a buffed up gun you lose cc space so you can't run with heavy armour, too many  electronics etc.

 

Overall, DUST is a good game if you like RPG's. The problem is that a lot of MAG players thought DUST was going to be a great FPS but really it's only out so CCP can make some cash Smiley Happy Not a good FPS since "Pay-to-WIn" would be a much better name for the game Smiley Happy


Lololol, I didn't even read this. The fact that STB, who's absolute trash at FPS games, is at the top of the boards, says it all.

 

I still a little insulted that you're comparing it to an RPG, because it would fail just as bad, if not worse, but I love you, so I'll let it slide.

 

And @xipooo, that's one of the big problems for me, and probably the worst aspect, the gross imbalance of 1v1 gameplay like that. As you said, in MAG, a lvl 1 can kill a lvl 70 if they have game. I've grimmed at lvl 1, and it's tough b/c of the lack of gear/skill points, but it's possible.

 

In Dust, as a low lvl against people with ridiculous health/damage buffs? I might as well stuff an apple in my mouth and lie on the ground...

 

Of course it wasnt impossible, its just you cant be all running gunning that you're normally would at 70. If you play as lvl on mag, play like a BF player, use cover etc you can get 60+ kills if you play smart. But that was back in the day. But i do agree with xipoo and you bushes. Dust sounded aiight on paper minus the whole "pay to win" crap and the LAWLIE gear which was merp failure merp in my book. I LoL'd at the 30-0 comms, that pretty much backs up what these guys have been saying. 

 

Message 56 of 71 (295 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/13/2009
Offline
504 posts
 

Re: We run dust.

Feb 28, 2013

I too played a few games at the restart.  I also mowed people down like it was nothing.  I stopped playing 2 days after that because of connection issues to CCP servers.  I booted up Dust again today ( over a month later ) to see if anything has been fixed and so far it seems to connect fine.  What sux though is the same thing everyone else is complaining about.  Although I'm not doing horrible, I'm def not mowing people down anymore.  People are way more powerful now.and they all stay in groups too so 1v1's were rare for me to find today.

 

ANyways, It might take me a while to save up for a PC to play Planetside so until then I feel like this is the only game to take MAG's place.  I WOULD be playing MAG... But the **bleep** servers SUCK!

 

I am a low level on dust.  I would like to group with some good MAG players that have formed a Dust team.

 

My play time is usually California time at Nights.

 

ANy recommendations?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 







Click here to watch the VL$ vs 3 Videos.

Message 57 of 71 (266 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 05/25/2010
Offline
346 posts
 

Re: We run dust.

Feb 28, 2013

STB being on top of the leaderboards who's only factor is the number of kills? LOL - Its just cause they are very big and have some players that seems to be playing 24/7. If you look at theit Win/Loss ratio and KDr the story is quite different...

 

And LOL too at the guys complaining at the difference of skills and equipment. If I can get a 3+ KDR with a scrub fitting then you should too, at least good guys like most in this thread would easily do that if you had the same experience as I have in Dust. Player skill is much more important than fittings and passive skills...

Photobucket
Message 58 of 71 (254 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
51195 posts
 

Re: We run dust.

Feb 28, 2013

Crimson_Moon_V wrote:
_
I don't consider the warriors "real" mag players. They are a joke. If you want some real competition come play us. We are perfectly imperfect.
If I have any say in who we attack in null sec, we will be taking your stuff plymco. Either you give us 25% of everything you make or. . . We are taking all of it. Your choice.Smiley LOL

 


Ran into one of your prototype crews this weekend crimson, that stuff is beast!

Message 59 of 71 (245 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 02/05/2011
Offline
2734 posts
 

Re: We run dust.

Mar 1, 2013

I pulling a 3 in standard drop suit, standard AR, militia mods....

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V.
Photobucket
Message 60 of 71 (228 Views)
Reply
0 Likes