Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/05/2010
Offline
422 posts
 

Re: Valor is getting screwed

Sep 14, 2010
You see Brian I was asking for common sense as it was Stylie who came out with facts. It is common sense to ask for factually based information, not assumed informatio: that is the opposite of common sense. You did not know these figures and were making an assumption. I will not apologize as I never insulted you. All I asked for was facts.

Now if you want to get into real research details here. VALOR has more new players than the other two faction according to Stylie's statistics. This would also mean we have more experienced players as well.

Explain to me how it's "common sense?." It's a common assumption. As well I was VALOR in the BETA Stylie is discussing but guess what ... I was RAVEN in the first beta.

I admit numbers account for trends and conceit that I have been shown that VALOR has more new players. But if these numbers stand-up that 14% more people choose VALOR first, then there is 14% chance of their being more veteran players on VALOR as well.
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 51 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/22/2010
Offline
381 posts
 

Re: Valor is getting screwed

Sep 14, 2010

IamI3rian wrote:

 


Toxic_Crow_1 wrote:

Cronus00420 wrote:

... Poor valor :smileysad:  my slow AK103 is to much for your HW...  you should aim more!!!! If anyones got the poo end of the stick its SVER. -5 rounds same damage low rof wild fire..   I pick up your guns and raven guns most the time now..


You won't drop the weapon thing? I want to ask you something? I put up the same KDR 1.06 to 1.07, so I still did headshots and all that. Try to avaoid long range gun battle to a closer battle( not close enough to use the knife). So my question to you is what change for you because I still did very well in sver after the patch. Main reason I jump ships to Valor, in which I'm doing well But not the same numbers as I did in sver. Note: 1.06 to 1.07 is not my real KDR it stands for the patch.


 

Ahh the power of the highlighter. Headshots are NOT a reflection of a weapons balance, rather the skill of the weilder. You are clearly skilled, this is WHY you still did fine with a crap weapon. This did NOT change the fact you were using a crap weapon.

 

The numbers are RIGHT there. Denying them is bad for image.


I need to ask why I put kills faster on sver then on valor? I am asking this because you say sver weapon is crap and so I should be doing more kills on valor then I did on sver. I apologize but I will post this to every person that says something about sver weapons and hopefully they give me a answer, well a more indepht answer then ROF and acc. I will admit when the patch came out I felt some thing was off so I fix my x/y then I work my way back to 100/100 so I don't know if zipper did something to increase the speed or what it was. 

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 51 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/23/2009
Offline
5751 posts
 

Re: Valor is getting screwed

Sep 15, 2010

 


MR_BONZ wrote:
You see Brian I was asking for common sense as it was Stylie who came out with facts. It is common sense to ask for factually based information, not assumed information: that is the opposite of common sense. You did not know these figures and were making an assumption. I will not apologize as I never insulted you. All I asked for was facts.

Now if you want to get into real research details here. VALOR has more new players than the other two faction according to Stylie's statistics. This would also mean we have more experienced players as well.

Explain to me how it's "common sense?." It's a common assumption. As well I was VALOR in the BETA Stylie is discussing but guess what ... I was RAVEN in the first beta.

I admit numbers account for trends and conceit that I have been shown that VALOR has more new players. But if these numbers stand-up that 14% more people choose VALOR first, then there is 14% chance of their being more veteran players on VALOR as well.

 

During the pre-retail beta Valor Won so much due to the large playerbase of Hardcore clans.

 

The communication and organization was to such an extreme that it didn't map what map there was.

 

In such a scenario it never matters, the players>maps.

 

Once the Retail dropped, the new players flooded the game.

 

Many veteran Valor beta testers took their skills and their clans to SVER for the most part, a small amount chose Raven.

 

Didn't matter how OP that playerbase was though, there were literally HUNDREDS of games being played at a time in February and Early March.

 

In that scenario maps>players.

 

Now to continue the history lesson, Valor then began to lose even more of it's Pre-retail Beta Veteran playerbase to SVER due to map imbalance.

 

New players continued to replace the Veterans and the Great Cycle of Attrition began.

 

If they were truly loyal to Valor, many just rage quit MAG altogether.

 

You see in order for Valor to retain Veterans, Valor must win games.

 

Valor loses a lot of games. 62.37% of their games have been lost so far this week to be exact according to the leaderboard.

 

http://www.magleaderboards.com/pmc

 

Have you been reading the posts on this forum?

 

Players that post represent the feelings of many more that don't post.

 

That is a commonly known fact among businesses.

 

People get fed up with constantly playing with "noobs" so they Vet out of Valor, is what I read almost daily.

 

I have read over 180659 posts as of this one so far.

 

Valor loses it's Veterans on a daily basis.

 

To argue that more players = more veterans is logical if you are not familiar with how the MAG community is currently functioning.

 

I hope that I am helping you understand the big picture here.

 

Now if you want some solid numbers on ATTRITION RATES on MAG... I can give them to you.

 

With the help of a little math, we can get down to some pretty accurate numbers in terms to exactly how many people Veteran out of Valor a week on average if you would like.

 

I have sources such as VGChartz.com for the sales figures of new copies, MAG Blog and Zipper employees as sources for how many accounts have been created on MAG, and MagLeaderboards.com to cite how many players have ever made it to level 60.

 

Let's be clear here, it is good practice to ask for sources.

 

Brian was quoting me, he just didn't remember where he read it.

 

I have posted this information quite often on this forum but it get's buried since it is boring to most people.

 

:smileyvery-happy:

 


Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 51 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
48571 posts
 

Re: Valor is getting screwed

Sep 15, 2010

homestarrunner9 wrote:

 


PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

StankNuggs wrote:

So when will it be Valor's turn to have some things going for us? I mean come on our Dom map has a big hole where the other factions can drive right on by us and this has been this way for a real long time now. If Zipper can't tell that we have the short stick right now and have for a long time then just look at the contracts that should say enough. Plus all I seem to see on the forums is Sver and Raven crying all the time, and they have all the contracts so what's the deal are you guys only going to be happy when there is only two factions left cause no one on Valor can take much more of this? After playing as other factions both Sver and Raven have faster repair speeds, and faster reload speed on there rockets plus Raven has there awesome armor and Sver has strong damage on there guns and Valor has the middle ground I guess but it doesn't show that by the contracts. We all have newbs on our Factions so its not the players we have, its more the players that couldn't bet the other factions so they joined them and now were left to teach all new people how to play this game the right way with only a few strong Valor clans left to do this. Valor we are like the phoenix we may get beat down but we will rise again from the ashes and when we do, well be stronger than ever.


yes valor needs roadblocks.

 

No SVER doesn't repair faster than valor, i suspect raven does though.

SVER has the slowest reload times on all weapons.

 

Trust me make a sub account and play on sver post 1.07....you will be happy to go back to valor after.

 

 


You dont know how wrong you are.  I just did that, and I am having NO FUN AT ALL IN VALOR.  Dont say its because I dont like Valor, because I was on Valor first, and I have never had any love for SVER.

 


I like playing on valor.  I just like the assult rifle better which is really all it is.  The maps dont matter to me much.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 51 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/22/2009
Offline
4653 posts
 

Re: Valor is getting screwed

Sep 15, 2010

 


STYLIE77 wrote:

 


MR_BONZ wrote:
You see Brian I was asking for common sense as it was Stylie who came out with facts. It is common sense to ask for factually based information, not assumed information: that is the opposite of common sense. You did not know these figures and were making an assumption. I will not apologize as I never insulted you. All I asked for was facts.

Now if you want to get into real research details here. VALOR has more new players than the other two faction according to Stylie's statistics. This would also mean we have more experienced players as well.

Explain to me how it's "common sense?." It's a common assumption. As well I was VALOR in the BETA Stylie is discussing but guess what ... I was RAVEN in the first beta.

I admit numbers account for trends and conceit that I have been shown that VALOR has more new players. But if these numbers stand-up that 14% more people choose VALOR first, then there is 14% chance of their being more veteran players on VALOR as well.

 

During the pre-retail beta Valor Won so much due to the large playerbase of Hardcore clans.

 

The communication and organization was to such an extreme that it didn't map what map there was.

 

In such a scenario it never matters, the players>maps.

 

Once the Retail dropped, the new players flooded the game.

 

Many veteran Valor beta testers took their skills and their clans to SVER for the most part, a small amount chose Raven.

 

Didn't matter how OP that playerbase was though, there were literally HUNDREDS of games being played at a time in February and Early March.

 

In that scenario maps>players.

 

Now to continue the history lesson, Valor then began to lose even more of it's Pre-retail Beta Veteran playerbase to SVER due to map imbalance.

 

New players continued to replace the Veterans and the Great Cycle of Attrition began.

 

If they were truly loyal to Valor, many just rage quit MAG altogether.

 

You see in order for Valor to retain Veterans, Valor must win games.

 

Valor loses a lot of games. 62.37% of their games have been lost so far this week to be exact according to the leaderboard.

 

http://www.magleaderboards.com/pmc

 

Have you been reading the posts on this forum?

 

Players that post represent the feelings of many more that don't post.

 

That is a commonly known fact among businesses.

 

People get fed up with constantly playing with "noobs" so they Vet out of Valor, is what I read almost daily.

 

I have read over 180659 posts as of this one so far.

 

Valor loses it's Veterans on a daily basis.

 

To argue that more players = more veterans is logical if you are not familiar with how the MAG community is currently functioning.

 

I hope that I am helping you understand the big picture here.

 

Now if you want some solid numbers on ATTRITION RATES on MAG... I can give them to you.

 

With the help of a little math, we can get down to some pretty accurate numbers in terms to exactly how many people Veteran out of Valor a week on average if you would like.

 

I have sources such as VGChartz.com for the sales figures of new copies, MAG Blog and Zipper employees as sources for how many accounts have been created on MAG, and MagLeaderboards.com to cite how many players have ever made it to level 60.

 

Let's be clear here, it is good practice to ask for sources.

 

Brian was quoting me, he just didn't remember where he read it.

 

I have posted this information quite often on this forum but it get's buried since it is boring to most people.

 

:smileyvery-happy:

 


 

Man...I read your posts from time to time and every time I'm floored by the amount of time I suspect you must spend gathering your info. I always think...this guy seems incredibly intelligent and really takes the time to research everything he says and gather all his resources.:smileyhappy:

 

Then I think...if he would focus all that into something of greater value than a video game he could really do a lot for humanity....or at least his local community.

 

Why on Earth do you spend so much talent and perseverance gathering info on a useless video game? It seems like such a waste of human ability.:smileysad:

stargiss
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 51 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/22/2010
Offline
25 posts
 

Re: Valor is getting screwed

Sep 15, 2010

Even though Valor is having a hard time, IM not the type of person that if you can't beat them, join them. I'll stay Valor until things get better or MAG dies, any way it goes Valor 4 life.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 51 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
3391 posts
 

Re: Valor is getting screwed

Sep 15, 2010
It must suck having good weapons.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 51 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
48571 posts
 

Re: Valor is getting screwed

Sep 15, 2010

StankNuggs wrote:

Even though Valor is having a hard time, IM not the type of person that if you can't beat them, join them. I'll stay Valor until things get better or MAG dies, any way it goes Valor 4 life.


If you were on sver i'd want to recruit you just for this attitude.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 51 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/21/2010
Offline
1039 posts
 

Re: Valor is getting screwed

Sep 15, 2010

 


StankNuggs wrote:

Even though Valor is having a hard time, IM not the type of person that if you can't beat them, join them. I'll stay Valor until things get better or MAG dies, any way it goes Valor 4 life.


i've had offers to leave valor, but i cant bring myself to jump ship....sure,they ARE having a hard time,but things will get better...or i'll die trying....if valor go down,i'll go down with them.

 

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 51 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/25/2009
Offline
217 posts
 

Re: Valor is getting screwed

Sep 15, 2010

I'm a hardcore Valor member. I started in Valor, and after I was finished with the tour, I came back to Valor. I think it's the familiarity thing...

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 51 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes