Sep 06 2012
By: CJ_SNIPES First Son 2 posts

The future of MAG

30 replies 2734 views Edited Sep 6, 2012
What is to come of MAG??

In my opinion THE BEST FPS GAME TO GRACE OUR CONSOLES.

mag players haven't been given a whole lot of good news regarding the games future.Zipper is gone, Hefty servings of lag, topped with repeated 50 ft rubber band effects, is enough to make the pope curse at the sky.... Seriously, now I inderstand that it costs quite alot of money to run and maintain servers, and Mag isnt exactly a cash cow for you, but in all honesty what do you expect from a game that you put NOTHING INTO!!! no new map packs? No new anything how keen of you to offer a SUBSCRIPTION FOR CHARACTER SLOTS, I only purchased them because I thought it was a purchase. Not a **bleep** rental! Im just all in all upset with you DRIVING MY FAVORITE GAME INTO THE EFFING GROUND!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 31 (2,734 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3281 posts

Re: The future of MAG

Sep 6, 2012
Its 2 years old, it had 2 map packs/game mode packs and loads of other dlc but they crashed and burned quite frankly.

The servers will run for another year and then sony will give us the notice that the servers are going down and that will be the end of the game. There is no other way for this to end, Sony has basically given up on FPS games for the PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 31 (2,728 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Sep 6, 2012
Mag has no future. I have been lagging ( not just rubber banding) like crazy. People have been eating my bullets then teleporting, and my knives are 50/50 whether they will register or not. This is the first time it has been this bad for me. I think by next year the servers will be down.
alt= H-A-Z-A-R-D-_-V
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 31 (2,712 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2188 posts

Sep 6, 2012

dan-s412 wrote:
Mag has no future. I have been lagging ( not just rubber banding) like crazy. People have been eating my bullets then teleporting, and my knives are 50/50 whether they will register or not. This is the first time it has been this bad for me. I think by next year the servers will be down.

Yeah dan, mag is done for. who knows what sony is thinking and what will they do with the ps4. Trust me if the ps4 is wack, im not going to even buy it. i'll stick with my ps3 and just head to PC gaming. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 31 (2,677 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts

Sep 8, 2012

MAG is over but LAG(Lagging Action Game) 2.5 is starting

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 31 (2,609 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 22, 2012

sadly this post is true but i dont belive mags servers will ever get shut down untill the ps3 is obsilete ( cant spell but u get it ) the fact is if they shut the servers down for good thats a massive refund because they cant have a game being sold online and in stores that will not ever work again the risk they took with online only me personally id be happy to fork out 7 - 8k to pay for my own server and run it for every one  but hey sony will never give the rights to mod a game and play it on there network to a indie programer :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 31 (2,574 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Sep 24, 2012
Starhawk> mag
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 31 (2,510 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Sep 26, 2012

mag should make a part two because the game did really good when it first came out but a different company should take over. this was a really fun and different fps game .

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 31 (2,438 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Sep 28, 2012

thesupertman wrote:
Starhawk> mag

get out

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 31 (2,387 Views)
Wastelander
655 posts

Sep 28, 2012

You think they will make a Mag 2? No my friend they won't and if they do it will be when the next Plsystation comes out.

Mag was basically a test run to see how many players could play together at the same time Same map.

When  Socom 4 was released it was supposed to bring in enough money to keep Both games alive. 

But since socom sucked they couldn't bring in money. Zipper was shut down. And the servers are barely alive ATM and will be shut down sooner or later. 

Mag 2 will most likely never happen. 

If you want anything similar to Mag get a good computer and get Planetside 2.:smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
YouTube.com/HiTMaNHuntr

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 31 (2,379 Views)