Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
655 posts

Re: The future of MAG

Oct 8, 2012

What I meant when I said battlefield was the way the graphics are. I haven't watched any plantside 2 videos yet so I don't know what it's like. But I assume that they are all similar. People say Mag was like Battlefield and Planetside was like Mag. But did anyone actually think that the developers just made a game that people can enjoy and not care we're they got there ideas from (assuming the developers actually looked at Mag and took some ideas from it.)  Now sorry if I offended you and you favorite game ever. But why care about what my opinion is? It's my opinion have your own.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
YouTube.com/HiTMaNHuntr

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 31 (707 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Oct 13, 2012

I think Sony will continue to run the MAG servers until the numbers get really low. Sony is not going to shut off the servers if people are still playing it, and buying the escalation dlc, and character slots.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 31 (652 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 22, 2012

MAG is done. I just tried playing and it keeps saying that the servers are down. It was, in my opinion, a great game until the community went down also. When it let me play the lag was terrible, and no one worked together because they were all noobs. Again MAG has no future. I'm going to BF3

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 31 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

Don't know about the future of MAG but I can tell you this that if people keep playing the game we should not worry about the servers going down anytime soon, ill give you a good example SOCOM Confrontation was released in 2008 and its going on almost 4 years and the servers are still up why cause a lot of people still play the game. So being that MAG is not even close to 4 years I think we should be ok as long as people keep playing the game. Kind of sad that in a sort of way the game feels abandoned cause I love the concept and playing with people who know what there doing LOL..Only time will tell until then all I can say is keep playing now more than ever. See you guys there 

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 31 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
655 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Not only Socom but games like Gears of War. The first one and 2nd still have there servers up and running but they don't take care of them anymore. Same with Mag the servers will stay up but they won't take care of them like they used to. That's the way it has been. Sure they occasionally update the server but that seems to happen once a month ( not sure don't really keep track). Now I agree that they won't shut them down for a while. They won't take good care of them.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
YouTube.com/HiTMaNHuntr

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 31 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

Oct 22, 2012

hitmanhuntr wrote:
Not only Socom but games like Gears of War. The first one and 2nd still have there servers up and running but they don't take care of them anymore. Same with Mag the servers will stay up but they won't take care of them like they used to. That's the way it has been. Sure they occasionally update the server but that seems to happen once a month ( not sure don't really keep track). Now I agree that they won't shut them down for a while. They won't take good care of them.

yea i agree, now im wondering is players were to get together in order to get something fix they might react to it but only if i mean more than 100 players submit a complaint of some sort. but this server is here to stay just wish once in a while they patched some stuff you know.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 31 (493 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 27, 2012

I am a big fan of mag and i would realy like to see some sort of continuation. If possible i think another publisher should buy the rights to it and start releasing new dlc and updates. This would bring alot of new people to the game and vets would have more reason to play. I would hate to see one of the most innovtive shooters fall into obscurity. If only sony would take up intrest in the fps again.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 31 (450 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 27, 2012

mag realy went down when it became eveident that sever would always win. Then all of the noobs went to sever and all of the good players stayed with their armies. Now sever is filled with campers and noobs who only use the ohk sniper and dont use any skill.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 31 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1243 posts

Aug 18, 2013

quagers13 wrote:
Its 2 years old, it had 2 map packs/game mode packs and loads of other dlc but they crashed and burned quite frankly.

The servers will run for another year and then sony will give us the notice that the servers are going down and that will be the end of the game. There is no other way for this to end, Sony has basically given up on FPS games for the PS3.

Wow, all of you guys were pretty darn accurate! Heck, it was almost EXACTLY a year later, lol :smileytongue:

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 31 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1243 posts

Aug 18, 2013
As for the future of MAG, I think a direct sequel will never happen, considering that so much time has passed that many people wouldn't recognise the name. But then again, they did bring back Warhawk after about ten years, so who's to say for sure.

More likely, however, I think that it's influence will live on in other companies' attempts to cram lots of players into the same map (like Planetside 2), as well as all of the long-time clans that this game has spawned that are still roaming through other games, such as the War Ravens and S.V.E.R Truebloods, which now have a presence in Dust 514 and probably many other games as well.

But may MAG rest in peace, it will be remembered well :smileyhappy:
--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 31 (214 Views)
0 Likes