Mar 24 2012
By: KAGEHOSHI- Survivor 2956 posts

Sad news, Zipper getting shut down

93 replies 342 views Edited Mar 24, 2012

Whether or not you agree with their design choices in their games, they created something really special with MAG. Zipper has given MAG more post-launch support, and more major updates than any other shooter I know of.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/23/sony-planning-on-shutting-down-zipper-interact...

Let us all click this button to mourn Zipper.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Photobucket
Message 1 of 94 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Re: Sad news, Zipper getting shut down

Mar 24, 2012

Ooo what a shocker. Should of happened a longtime ago tbh.

Message 2 of 94 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
719 posts

Mar 24, 2012

How is this sad news?

Message 3 of 94 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2956 posts

Mar 24, 2012

Well the creators of my favorite video game that I spent more time playing than any other,  will now be losing their jobs.Even if you don't like them, you really don't see how its a bad thing for many people to lose their job?

Photobucket
Message 4 of 94 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2554 posts

Mar 24, 2012

KAGEHOSHI- a écrit:

Well the creators of my favorite video game that I spent more time playing than any other,  will now be losing their jobs.Even if you don't like them, you really don't see how its a bad thing for many people to lose their job?

Photobucket

Zipper deserve more respect ive never understand why people have BASH over zipper so much ....

MAG is so far the best game ever made on ps3 why sony arent going to give some budject to zipper allowing them to use Forgelight engine from SOE and make a MAG2 game for ps4  with 1000 players like a planetside 2 in MAG wold with all 3 factions ...

Whith more rewarding contract systhem etc..etc..etc..

Sony look at numbers $$$ and sadly zipper cant compeat with COD franchises billions $$ franchises

But from a gamers stand point MAG is far superior than any game made on ps3

Zipper earn my respect

Photobucket
Message 5 of 94 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9957 posts

Mar 24, 2012

Good.

Tbh, they lied to our faces, took our money, and ran.

Unless they fixed the game, brought back regional servers, brought clan wars as promised, and fixed the freezing. I would try to stick up for them.

But tbh, SONY is finally making the right move for once.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SpazGamingHD (My gaming channel)
Message 6 of 94 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Mar 24, 2012

its not really the time for being spoiled, bitter gamers. some of you need some perspective. people may be losing their livelihood. this is something you do for recreation, this is how they put food on their tables. see the difference? MAG had its flaws but had a brilliant concept. we'll never really know how much the devs were limited by finances and higher ups so to judge them is wrong. we dont know all the facts. what if they wanted all the things that you did but were told no by the people who wrote the checks? its more than possible.

its better to learn from how they went wrong and apply it to our own lives and let it be a lesson to other developers of potholes to avoid. our blog will be doing a zipper article next week focusing on the things that can be learned from this situation. if you'd like to contribute quotes or anything email us. we wont censor anything you have to say but this can be a learning opportunity for all of us.

don't forget to check out our DUST 514 Fan Blog:

http://dustmercs.blogspot.com/

Be sure to leave comments, we love feedback. Keep in mind our Blog is open for Opinion Pieces, Essays or Suggestions on making DUST 514 a better game. You write it? We'll print it. There are alot of people with something worth saying. email us at magww@live.com.
Message 7 of 94 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Mar 24, 2012

harmon92 wrote:

its not really the time for being spoiled, bitter gamers. some of you need some perspective. people may be losing their livelihood. this is something you do for recreation, this is how they put food on their tables. see the difference? MAG had its flaws but had a brilliant concept. we'll never really know how much the devs were limited by finances and higher ups so to judge them is wrong. we dont know all the facts. what if they wanted all the things that you did but were told no by the people who wrote the checks? its more than possible.

its better to learn from how they went wrong and apply it to our own lives and let it be a lesson to other developers of potholes to avoid. our blog will be doing a zipper article next week focusing on the things that can be learned from this situation. if you'd like to contribute quotes or anything email us. we wont censor anything you have to say but this can be a learning opportunity for all of us.

don't forget to check out our DUST 514 Fan Blog:

http://magvets.blogspot.com/

Be sure to leave comments, we love feedback. Keep in mind our Blog is open for Opinion Pieces, Essays or Suggestions on making DUST 514 a better game. You write it? We'll print it. There are alot of people with something worth saying. email us at magww@live.com.

Cant say it any better myself, not sure why people are saying how glad they are people are losing theyre jobs, even if they are from zipper.

No quote is better than haters gonna hate in this situation imo. ;D

Hope those folks find work again because socom 4 was bad and that other socom was bad as well but mag is still my favorite fps so far and they should be proud they at least had one f'ing great concept

Lil ol; saya chan made this sig, woot woot to her lulz :smileyhappy:

Message 8 of 94 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2188 posts

Mar 24, 2012

Q.Q zipper is shut down, OH WELL. haha i'm glad. I like the opinion from the person that said that they didnt have barely any money or their higher ups said no to them. I'd rather believe the "we gonna take your money and leave" approach. A lot of that going on lately in this day and age. Zipper is no execption. Instead of investing on Socrap 4, they should reinvest in Socom 1 and 2, and then focus on mag's potential.

Message 9 of 94 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
578 posts

Mar 24, 2012

Well deserved... i hope this is up call  for all developers that refuse to listen to their fanbase.

Message 10 of 94 (342 Views)
0 Likes