Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Re: SONY SUCKS, THEIR SERVERS SUCK, AND THANKS FOR MAKING MAG SUCK

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

Sorry. At least we have a "voice" I guess. I used to love samurai showdown for sega -still do -but I haven't played it since the 90's . Same thing will probably happen to MAG. Sony better have something good up their sleeves and I hope tonight's announcement is good news. If not I'ma gonna get me the American product- why buy foreign if it aint better. huck huck

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(NH4)(NO3)(C12H23)
Send in the clowns :0(
Message 11 of 51 (789 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4020 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Sony is all out today with the 6pm thing so they probably wont get a reset until tommorrow but the request was received and posted.  

I'm not that "tight" with him although he seems like a really cool guy.  I'm just the shooter captain for the MVP program so this is one of the things I am allowed to do, let them know if the community wants a reset.

You should let him know that there is something wrong with the server that the simple resets they've been doing from time to time isn't fixing. It has been going on for months where like 1 out of every 4 or 5 games we play in Sabotage the match that launches is 20 minutes of non stop rubber banding and freezing until the match ends. The lag spikes every 5-10 seconds effect everyone that is in the game and it never stops lagging until the game finishes. Sometimes you can play through it and other times it's so bad you have no choice but to back out. Then you queue up again and the very next Sabo you get launched into may be perfectly fine.

This has been going on since sometime around summer of last year and it has been getting worse each month with the frequency that it occurs. Prior to that the servers never launched games like this where the lag was spiking so bad every few seconds that it was unplayable, not in the smaller modes like Sabotage anyways, and yesterday this was happening not 1 out of every 4 or 5 games but 4 or 5 games straight. With the small player counts we have now it shouldn't be happening at all if the MAG servers were being properly maintained unless they've got us stuck on some already overused servers.

Message 12 of 51 (782 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
4738 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Twohothardware wrote:

You should let him know that there is something wrong...

You just did Smiley Wink

As noted, this is an abnormally busy week around SCEA, but your concerns have been rasied to the proper folks.

I'll return when there is more to share.

T_F

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 13 of 51 (777 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Twohot...................we bow before you.
Message 14 of 51 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

ok ps4 sounds awesome. edit. Smiley Wink i retract my statement- lets see

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(NH4)(NO3)(C12H23)
Send in the clowns :0(
Message 15 of 51 (750 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Feb 20, 2013

fus-commys wrote:

ok ps4 sounds awesome. edit. Smiley Wink i retract my statement- lets see

At least you're not farting in this thread.

Message 16 of 51 (721 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Feb 21, 2013

WOW! We actually got a mod to respond in a MAG forum. I'm speechless, as I'd thought they've completely abandon us for BF3 and CoD / BO. Good to know that they still monitor and support us. Hopefully we can convince them of giving us future updates and patches such as eliminating a PMC (cough, cough, sver) or just do away with the forgotten shadow war and just randomly place players on any PMC for every match (just like any other FPS title out there). That way, we wouldn't have to wait an eternity to queue into a match due to a lack of opposition.

Message 17 of 51 (693 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Way to go @Twohothardware for getting attention. You legend!

MAG is the only online FPS game I love playing. It deserves better treatment.

It's a unique game.

Since PS4 won't be backwards compatible (but has cloud based PS3 games which isn't the same) there's no way i'll be buying games that I already have, so I'll still be sticking with my PS3 and really need MAG!!

Message 18 of 51 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Feb 21, 2013
To give credit where it's due...Plymco messaged them, Twohot elaborated the issue. Thanks guys.
Message 19 of 51 (673 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 21, 2013

yes indeed this game suks **bleep** cuz there alweasee **bleep** guys glitching tru wals or whatteva to be imortal etc **bleep**!!!!!!! seriuosly is that the new gamers era if yes why playing a online game if imortal s to cheat such stupid action i say we need to report cuz it is not normal !

Message 20 of 51 (654 Views)
0 Likes