Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 03 2012
By: CIA-HUDNUT Lombax Warrior 101 posts

Road Runner trophy on Interdiction

15 replies 330 views Edited Oct 3, 2012

It's a hard trophy to get because you need to capture 3 letters in a single round of interdiction.  There's no reason not to have interdiction because it's FREE at least in the SCEA region. 

Anyways, could all factions  have a gentleman's agreement when playing and someone gets a letter to LET it change hands to the other team????????  Then, the odds are higher that a number of players could get that Road Runner trophy. 

It's not like you have to let the other side win, just let the letter finish changing hands before you take it back. 

Message 1 of 16 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1673 posts

Re: Road Runner trophy on Interdiction

Oct 3, 2012

I teamkilled 3 people to get this trophy

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1980641770.png

THE CLIMBER NEVER LAGS!
Message 2 of 16 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Nothing pisses me off more than some mother**bleep**er tk me so they can set a charge on whatever it is that im setting!!!:smileymad: It has happened to me numerous times. Im sure there are others here that would agree.

http://cdn.weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/golfer-hits-himself-in-the-nuts-gif.gif
Message 3 of 16 (313 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1270 posts

Oct 3, 2012
Message 4 of 16 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Don't give a **bleep** for it. My main objective is keeping the APC in 1 piece because everyone else leaves it to get destroyed. So yea, I let everyone else take the control points.

Message 5 of 16 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

I totally agree. No one seems to know how to play interdiction right. What should happen is each squad is assigned a letter and gets their APC there, repairs it, defends it and the letter. If it gets blown up they should go right back there when they respawn. Delta squad should get the enemy mortar and support whatever squad is being attacked at their letter. Everyone should have a loadout with a rocket and repair kit at least and also mines if possible. Everyone should also have Interdiction because it's FREE. If there's anything I could change about Interdiction it's that they should have had 64 players like AQUI instead of 32 because the maps are big. The fact that you need to get 3 letters in a single match for a Road Runner trophy and 2 for a ribbon encourages players to run around the map trying to get letters instead of playing it the right way and holding letters. Add to that the road rage ribbon and no one has a motive the stay put and defend.  Poor incentive = poor design. 

Message 6 of 16 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

Interdiction is 64 vs 64. It usually starts with around 40 vs 40 going up to 50. And yes, repair and RPG, medkit only if you go for the letters.

A good way of destroying enemy APCs is by equiping the RPG, shooting, jumping in and out for a quick reload and resupply, repeat. Everytime you jump out, the RPG is equiped and ready to fire, much more efficient than the cannon. I do this 24/7 as the driver getting tons of EXP, ribbons and MVPs.

Never camp with the APC. Always keep it mobile, if you wanna repair, drive out of enemy sight first. Avoid 'Sensor Shell' airstrikes (Anti-tank).

Decide between your teammates who will be the FULL TIME driver and cannon shooter. If platoon leader, be the driver or gunner and repair kits won't be needed.

I get a lot of Run-over kills going in circles around the control point. I always follow FRAGO orders and get bonus exp. So Road Rage is good.

Stick to small squads. 3 man squad is win.
Message 7 of 16 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Oct 8, 2012

You got it exactly.  I tell other squad mates driving to circle the letters.... harder to hit a moving target.  But some players don't get it.  They think you're driving away instead of trying to protect the APC and try and vote you.  Really?! I should sit here and wait for some random guy to rocket the APC and take it out by himself?  Protect the APC!

Message 8 of 16 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3281 posts

Oct 8, 2012

CIA-HUDNUT wrote:

You got it exactly.  I tell other squad mates driving to circle the letters.... harder to hit a moving target.  But some players don't get it.  They think you're driving away instead of trying to protect the APC and try and vote you.  Really?! I should sit here and wait for some random guy to rocket the APC and take it out by himself?  Protect the APC!

I'd far rather have another man with a med kit in the objective than have an idiot driving in circles in the apc. As long as people watch out for smoke and jump in it to move it when smoke appears its fine. There's plenty of places to hide an apc near an objective where it will last a decent amount of time on nearly all letters on all maps. 

Message 9 of 16 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Oct 8, 2012
That's what extra teammates are for. Two/three for the APC, the rest on foot. Most times they leave the APC next to the enemy. On the raven map, you can't circle around so It's driving back and forth and rocket sniping the other APC.
Message 10 of 16 (187 Views)
0 Likes