02-01-2010 01:38 PM
I have not been able to play a decent round of MAG since Thursday! I've wasted HOURS of my life TYRING to play this game which I paid my hard-earned 60 dollars for, and all it's been is a frustrating, infuriating, bull **** waste of my time. Let me just tell you what happened THIS TIME (I've already posted NUMEROUS messages about what's BEEN happening for the past 5 or 6 days).
1. I go to DIRECTIVES and it puts me in an Acquisition match. I'm Valor, and this round I was tasked with Defending Elk Bay Logistics.
2. The round starts, and I watch all of my comrades spawn in and run past on the spawn camera, while I'm sitting there staring at the countdown while it sits at 0.
3. After 10 seconds, the countdown starts up again. NOTE: During every single spawn wait situation, I am encountering the following bugs (again, EVERY TIME):
......... a) If I press X to go into the Spawn Location submenu, it takes control away from me completely (no buttons do anything except for the PlayStation button in the center of the controller which brings up the XMB) until the countdown restarts (remember, I can't spawn in 99% of the time, I just stare at the countdown and then watch as it hits 0 and starts over again).
......... b) If I press X to go into the Loadout submenu, it starts to get a bit glitchy. It will let me go into the submenu, but it won't let really pick the loadout. The left/right arrow buttons don't actually let me peruse the loadouts. I'm still staring at Loadout 1, but what's changing when I press the left/right arrow buttons is the "Press X to go to select Spawn Location" and "Press X to go to Loadout Selection" dialogs switch back and forth, as if the program thinks I'm still in the upper-level Spawn Wait screen.
4. I end up going through this spawn wait screen looping cycle for about 3 or 4 minutes before I actually get LUCKY and the game decides to spawn me in (note, this was one of the very rare occassions where I got into the game AT ALL). Here's what happened when I was in:
......... a) I healed a teammate and got an assist kill. Then I died.
......... b) The spawn loop happened once, but I actually spawned in after it counted down the second time.
......... c) I healed another teammate, got another assist kill, then died.
......... d) The spawn loop happened a couple of times, but then it spawned me in.
......... c) I spawn into the bunker, but I can't do anything besides move the camera. I tried desperately to exit the bunker by hitting the O (circle) button, but it wouldn't let me do anything. After sitting in the bunker for a full minute, the enemy arrives and blows up the bunker, I die.
5. I'm staring at a greyed-out version of the same screen I was staring at while stuck in the bunker. Now I'm dead, but I'm not staring at the spawn wait screen. It's like I'm still in the bunker, I can move the camera around and see what's going on. This happens in EVERY GAME that I actually spawn in: I'll die but instead of going to the spawn screen, I'll be like a ghost, I can move around but can't interact with anybody or anything. Only this time I just happened to be stuck in the bunker when I died, so movement was limited to the bunker camera only.
6. I pound on every button I can to try and get a spawn screen up, but it never happens. I end up sitting there staring at this screen for the last 12 minutes of the match.
7. At the victory screen (my team won, what do you know), I noticed something VERY strange: in the points tally at the end screen, it says I LOST 15 POINTS for having 3 TEAM KILLS! Now, I never shot any teammates, I never killed any teammates, and during the very brief 2 lives that I actually got to play with, nothing popped up on my screen about killing teammates. The healing points, the assist points, and the Frago bonus points popped up as normal, but I didn't kill any damn teammates, and I didn't see any pop-ups telling me so and that my points were getting docked.
So in conclusion, I wasted 20 minutes, the game is still busted as all hell for me, and the game just randomly decided to steal 15 of my precious points away from me for team kills that I never committed.
I paid 60 bucks for this game, I want to get to ENJOY IT the way EVERYONE ELSE is getting to. It's gotten to the point where I almost don't even want to bother ATTEMPTING to put the game in and play it because I'm so god damn confident that it's just going to be another disaster like this.
Zipper, give me a status update. Confirm that you're reading this message, that you acknowledge these problems, and give me a word on when the **** I can expect to stop getting shafted by this game and start enjoying it!
02-01-2010 01:42 PM
its happened to me to in sabo and aquisition or sometimes when I switch to throw a granade it will lock there untill I throw the second one as well then it will let me cycle weapons and medical kit....its just bad sometimes
02-01-2010 01:46 PM
That's not what he is talking about gang. I can guarantee you he is pressing "O" over and over again and it isn't working. It is a spawn issue that is happening to a number of people (including myself). It usually happens on the larger maps. Rarely have problems with Sabo. When you get the greyed out screen, you might as well start over. I have had it happen a number of times and have never spawned from the bunker after I get it.
I am sure Zipper is looking into it, but I would imagine they have to search hard for a fix to it, because it is a rare problem that most never have to worry about.
Are you using a wireless router? I think that is why it happens to me. I hate to say it, but I am going to have to find a way to hard wire my modem and then see if it is still happening.
02-01-2010 02:17 PM
@ Callahan09 please try one thing for me (No I'm not Zipper but humor me)
I assume your PS3 is going through a router. Try plugging your PS3 directly into the router and playing. After trying it see if you still have the same problems.
If you do I can't help, If you dont I'll walk you through setting up your router for mag so you can still play via the router.