Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 26 2012
By: CN_SwaGGeR Lombax Warrior 213 posts

MAG Leaderboards

7 replies 870 views Edited Sep 26, 2012

After researching why the MAG leaderboards went down, I found that there was more then 1 website. The most popular site, currently redirects you to http://www.blog.mag.com But I found anotherweb site that supposedly kept leaderboards. Http://www.magleaderboards.com & I typed it in, & it redirected me to mittromney.com!!! Like...**bleep**... Atleast it wasn't an Obama website :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (870 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5285 posts

Re: MAG Leaderboards

Sep 26, 2012

CN_SwaGGeR wrote:

But I found anotherweb site that supposedly kept leaderboards. Http://www.magleaderboards.com & I typed it in, & it redirected me to mittromney.com!!! Like...**bleep**... Atleast it wasn't an Obama website :smileyhappy:

Bwahahaha

tic2000 made that website, then he shut it down for some reason. He gave a reason, but it escapes me at the moment. I believe it had something to do with him not playing MAG anymore and it was getting pricey for a game that little people played. I could be wrong though.

Before it linked you to Romey's site (let's try to keep a political debate out of this thread), it brought you to a white screen with the words "Nothing to see here."

Of course, it use to give actual useful stats on everyone's character. This forum's history is full of people bringing up their stats using that website.

photo freecomms_zpsa50e6e82.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (854 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1126 posts

Sep 27, 2012
Kirby's 1337 stats crashed the website.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (834 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5285 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Stand_Alone97 wrote:

While everyone else was claiming to be mini-bosses of MAG, I was the actual final boss all along!

photo freecomms_zpsa50e6e82.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (821 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6781 posts

Sep 27, 2012

CptKirby wrote:

Stand_Alone97 wrote:

While everyone else was claiming to be mini-bosses of MAG, I was the actual final boss all along!

What?! He didn't have to smash his tail?

I feel so lied to...

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (784 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1526 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

I had a stats site as well. We both pulled the same data, but made slightly different use of it. His was a daily snapshot, whereas mine was progressive - you could see points progression and stuff. Mine also looked like ass, whereas his went with a nice layout with AJAX functionality.

In the end, as we pulled down stats from the official zipper site - when that went down, so did the source of the data.

Zipper/Sony never provided an official API for this stuff - it was basically scraped page by page.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (767 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1467 posts

Sep 30, 2012

CirculrArgument wrote:

I had a stats site as well. We both pulled the same data, but made slightly different use of it. His was a daily snapshot, whereas mine was progressive - you could see points progression and stuff. Mine also looked like ass, whereas his went with a nice layout with AJAX functionality.

In the end, as we pulled down stats from the official zipper site - when that went down, so did the source of the data.

Zipper/Sony never provided an official API for this stuff - it was basically scraped page by page.

The work that both of you guys put into the sites was admirable and appreciated by everyone. It is really too bad that Sony pulled the datastream or else we'd still be using them now.

I even donated $5 to Tic for his site... first time I ever did that.

The Butterfly Effect [}!{]

Butterflies.engin.com ------ for when you get banned from here

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 22, 2013
DARTH_STEALTH_-_ On mag mofos
Please use plain text.