Wastelander
757 posts

Re: MAG 2: a 256 player dream! (Post your MAG 2 dreams)

Jan 26, 2011

MAG 2 only needs one thing: FREAKING CLAN MATCH SYSTEM & LADDERS!!!!

the war is coming... www.eodclan.org
Message 80 of 527 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
424 posts

Jan 26, 2011

I would probably not want it 256 for memory issues. I would not want Platoons split down the middle for a true 128v128 or 64v64. 2 platoons per team in DOM would be enough if you ask me.

Message 81 of 527 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2956 posts

Jan 30, 2011

Zombie / mutant / genetically engineered monster mode

-1 platoon of players vs 200+ AI enemy monsters (zombies, mutant freaks, or monsters)

-You must get to and set off a nuclear bomb in the middle of the city, and the bomb detonates in 20 minutes.

-You need to make your way to a building with 4 helicopters on top which is needed to escape, you have until the bomb goes off to escape

-Each squad has an APC

-There will roadblocks, gates, AAA's to be taken down on the way (obviously you can't escape on helicopters if the AAA is still up)

More loadouts

Photobucket
Message 82 of 527 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2439 posts

Jan 30, 2011

EFKIE wrote:
Mandatory: 1) I want a zero LAG MAG just like in the first quarter of 2010. Also no Freezes. 2) I want MAG 2 as a launch game for the next generation PS with MIC included. F*** Motor Storm. This will guarantee a big playerbase. and Good marketing on behalf of Sony. 3 ) Faster matchmaking. Even with low players like we have now. 4) Better training mode. 5) Better Patch management. 6) Better communication from zipper. Features: The rest is up to you but start with updated graphics.

That is not possible and never will be.

SIG
Message 83 of 527 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
851 posts

Re: My grand vision of MAG 2: I have a dream... a massive 256 player dream!

Jan 30, 2011

1st of all I would like to point out that having a negative bonus on any contract would not work, no one will want to win to get those contracts. A good example I can think of is AION (I do not play the game) but in this game there's a fortress system where you have 2 sides fighting to obtain this and the losing side gets an increase in PVP damage. what one side does is that they let the other side take the fortress and stay with that bonus (so they lose on purpose) Which in the end gives them the advantage because they can kill you that much faster.

How does this reflect back 2 MAG you ask ? 
Think about this -> SVER wins the contracts and the negative bonus is that Valor & Raven both get 10% Damage this will in turn make it a lot easier to get killed by Valor or Raven, and since most games can be lost on purpose (a.k.a do not grab objectives) a lot of people will just Kill you for exp and stat padding. (I'm not saying this will happen but I can assure you that it is a possibility with very negative effects)
Also you said something about 50% chance of defending a map once you've gotten the contracts, while I agree that it makes sense, it might not be the best choice. Since it's easier to defend than attack, the winner of a contract might have a huge advantage.

Equip-able skills is something that probably not the best Idea, but I like where you are going with it. No matter how you look at it the higher lvl you are the more skills you unlock and this is what gives the higher lvl player the advantage and imo that's fair because 1 player put in more time than the other (and usually has more skill also) I do grant that this might suck for the new player, but no1 says it's going to be easy getting into a game that has been out for a while.

On the maps and mode parts I would like to add that I really love playing Acquisition. The only problem I have with it is that they have 2 sides and the other platoon is kind of irrelevant and feels more like dead weight than anything else, what I would change is split those maps and just have 1 platoon fighting the other (or 2 platoons on 1 huge map but don't split it up.... this might cause chaos =P) Also I think that game modes should not be part of DLC but should be shipped on launch day, I think Zipper should focus more on map design. The community are more inclined to buy maps than game modes.
Oh and more 256 player modes means that more queues are being split up into even larger groups of people which might cause long waiting times.

Destructible environments is an epically awesome idea, I do not know how it can be done with the structure MAG has now. And what strain it might cause latency wise (but if anyone can do it Zipper can) Nice idea Smiley Happy

On the training mode idea I thought of a nice addition, after a couple weeks of launch we as a community can challenge each other in making the best train the noobs video, this is where we all try to make the best tutorial & strategy guide we can and then this gets implemented in the game. But the winner is decided by community votes. (This is not a replacement for the training mode you have in mind, it's just an addition)

Rejoin last game is a good idea (I don't know how many times I was running solo and DC'd from a dom match at the last 5 min mark) 
Oh and as an addition to that I would add a quick login button as soon as you start up mag (Think on socom with the circle button having you quick connect instead of sending you to the menu) They should also let you be able to disable the MOVE information at start up (or at least let you press X to scroll trough faster) The move info screen is very annoying

On the PL leadership ability, imo it should be as an extra bonus but the way I look at it PL should be able to Frago 2 different objectives and this is for his 4 squads, but of course this should not be 100% bonus (more like 50%)
I say multiple because there's only 1 platoon leader per 4 squads and it would be unfair to just frago for his squad.
Also there should be a limit to 1 PL frago per squad side.
OIC on the other hand should have CP frago and this earns you some ingame cash instead of double exp, I mean one way or another this dudes paying us somehow right ? =P

About the weapons, and please don't h8 but I think everyone should have the same choices between weapons. I understand that we have a personal feel to our weapons but this can be easily changed by appearance and not the weapons themselves. So a raven Vipera would be black and "new" looking, and a SVER Vipera would be orange and "old" looking.

Reading trough you're post I have also come up with an idea for contracts and that is that if any 1 player participates in a match and that players PMC wins the contract in the end they will unlock a special uniform or cosmetic item.
Of course this player has to have a couple wins and not just losses (it should be a % based, so that not every1 can just hop in lose a match and still win something) This is just a little extra compensation for winning a contract, and you can even add it in some kind of Tier system -> the more contracts you win (or the more different contracts you win) the more gear/cooler looking gear you get

Raven music does suck... and I agree with the music choice, but maybe even a bit more upbeat like daft punk (something more techno for Raven)

On the knifing subject I agree, it should have more animation and a much awesome feel to the knifing, Killzone 3 brutal melee is awesome !! If MAG could pull off some kind of combined BC2 and KZ3 mix of animations it would be perfect.

about having player caps, although this is a good idea I don't really know how you can implement this. And it can be abused (such as 1 player having 10 accounts and using 9 on another faction he won't play just so he can spite the other side) To me there should be just 2 sides and splitting the community in 2 should not be that hard (Brink so far has a similar setup, i think the resistance looks like SVER and security looks like Raven, and from what I've seen it's pretty much 50-50.) Again nice idea but I doubt it will ever happen.

This is all just my opinion though, and I did not right this just to bash or troll I just wanted to give my thoughts on the subject. I think the OP did a good job on the thread and there's a lot of good ideas on there. 

Message 84 of 527 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Jan 30, 2011

The player cap on PMCs is not fair.

The US will get it before the rest of the world, likely three days before. That would mean the rest of the world may not get to join their PMC of choice as they are at a disadvantage with the release.

The only things that MAG 2 needs to see are updated graphics, the same PMCs back, maybe an engine upgrade, new maps and most of all... LOTS  OF ADVERTISING

Zipper, go to Sony, tell them to advertise the **bleep** out of this game or you will go SVER on their ass and dominate their HQ

Message 85 of 527 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
851 posts

Jan 30, 2011

Liam2349 wrote:

The US will get it before the rest of the world, likely three days before. That would mean the rest of the world may not get to join their PMC of choice as they are at a disadvantage with the release.

The only things that MAG 2 needs to see are updated graphics, the same PMCs back, maybe an engine upgrade, new maps and most of all... LOTS  OF ADVERTISING

Zipper, go to Sony, tell them to advertise the **bleep** out of this game or you will go SVER on their ass and dominate their HQ

that deserved a kudos

Message 86 of 527 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2956 posts

Re: My grand vision of MAG 2: I have a dream... a massive 256 player dream!

Jan 30, 2011

WarHawk_ wrote:

1st of all I would like to point out that having a negative bonus on any contract would not work, no one will want to win to get those contracts. A good example I can think of is AION (I do not play the game) but in this game there's a fortress system where you have 2 sides fighting to obtain this and the losing side gets an increase in PVP damage. what one side does is that they let the other side take the fortress and stay with that bonus (so they lose on purpose) Which in the end gives them the advantage because they can kill you that much faster.

How does this reflect back 2 MAG you ask ? 
Think about this -> SVER wins the contracts and the negative bonus is that Valor & Raven both get 10% Damage this will in turn make it a lot easier to get killed by Valor or Raven, and since most games can be lost on purpose (a.k.a do not grab objectives) a lot of people will just Kill you for exp and stat padding. (I'm not saying this will happen but I can assure you that it is a possibility with very negative effects)
Also you said something about 50% chance of defending a map once you've gotten the contracts, while I agree that it makes sense, it might not be the best choice. Since it's easier to defend than attack, the winner of a contract might have a huge advantage.

Equip-able skills is something that probably not the best Idea, but I like where you are going with it. No matter how you look at it the higher lvl you are the more skills you unlock and this is what gives the higher lvl player the advantage and imo that's fair because 1 player put in more time than the other (and usually has more skill also) I do grant that this might suck for the new player, but no1 says it's going to be easy getting into a game that has been out for a while.

On the maps and mode parts I would like to add that I really love playing Acquisition. The only problem I have with it is that they have 2 sides and the other platoon is kind of irrelevant and feels more like dead weight than anything else, what I would change is split those maps and just have 1 platoon fighting the other (or 2 platoons on 1 huge map but don't split it up.... this might cause chaos =P) Also I think that game modes should not be part of DLC but should be shipped on launch day, I think Zipper should focus more on map design. The community are more inclined to buy maps than game modes.
Oh and more 256 player modes means that more queues are being split up into even larger groups of people which might cause long waiting times.

Destructible environments is an epically awesome idea, I do not know how it can be done with the structure MAG has now. And what strain it might cause latency wise (but if anyone can do it Zipper can) Nice idea Smiley Happy

On the training mode idea I thought of a nice addition, after a couple weeks of launch we as a community can challenge each other in making the best train the noobs video, this is where we all try to make the best tutorial & strategy guide we can and then this gets implemented in the game. But the winner is decided by community votes. (This is not a replacement for the training mode you have in mind, it's just an addition)

Rejoin last game is a good idea (I don't know how many times I was running solo and DC'd from a dom match at the last 5 min mark) 
Oh and as an addition to that I would add a quick login button as soon as you start up mag (Think on socom with the circle button having you quick connect instead of sending you to the menu) They should also let you be able to disable the MOVE information at start up (or at least let you press X to scroll trough faster) The move info screen is very annoying

On the PL leadership ability, imo it should be as an extra bonus but the way I look at it PL should be able to Frago 2 different objectives and this is for his 4 squads, but of course this should not be 100% bonus (more like 50%)
I say multiple because there's only 1 platoon leader per 4 squads and it would be unfair to just frago for his squad.
Also there should be a limit to 1 PL frago per squad side.
OIC on the other hand should have CP frago and this earns you some ingame cash instead of double exp, I mean one way or another this dudes paying us somehow right ? =P

About the weapons, and please don't h8 but I think everyone should have the same choices between weapons. I understand that we have a personal feel to our weapons but this can be easily changed by appearance and not the weapons themselves. So a raven Vipera would be black and "new" looking, and a SVER Vipera would be orange and "old" looking.

Reading trough you're post I have also come up with an idea for contracts and that is that if any 1 player participates in a match and that players PMC wins the contract in the end they will unlock a special uniform or cosmetic item.
Of course this player has to have a couple wins and not just losses (it should be a % based, so that not every1 can just hop in lose a match and still win something) This is just a little extra compensation for winning a contract, and you can even add it in some kind of Tier system -> the more contracts you win (or the more different contracts you win) the more gear/cooler looking gear you get

Raven music does suck... and I agree with the music choice, but maybe even a bit more upbeat like daft punk (something more techno for Raven)

On the knifing subject I agree, it should have more animation and a much awesome feel to the knifing, Killzone 3 brutal melee is awesome !! If MAG could pull off some kind of combined BC2 and KZ3 mix of animations it would be perfect.

about having player caps, although this is a good idea I don't really know how you can implement this. And it can be abused (such as 1 player having 10 accounts and using 9 on another faction he won't play just so he can spite the other side) To me there should be just 2 sides and splitting the community in 2 should not be that hard (Brink so far has a similar setup, i think the resistance looks like SVER and security looks like Raven, and from what I've seen it's pretty much 50-50.) Again nice idea but I doubt it will ever happen.

This is all just my opinion though, and I did not right this just to bash or troll I just wanted to give my thoughts on the subject. I think the OP did a good job on the thread and there's a lot of good ideas on there. 

1_ The bonuses for no having contracts would never be something like extra damage, that is way too extreme. It would be things like faster cooldown between leadership anilities, faster taking of objectives, faster planting and defusing of objectives. You have valid concerns but it won't necessaraly be like that as long as the no-contract bonuses aren't overpowered.

The contract holders would get massive CP bonuses from their contracts and would motivate people to win. Not only that, but they would get new maps to defend.

2_ Your concern with the equiptable skills is understandable, but high levels would still have the advantage since they have multiple skills to select from, while new players would have very weak and few skills. I don't think this is really necessary anyway.

3_ Brutal melee would be AWESOME in MAG!

Photobucket
Message 87 of 527 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2956 posts

Jan 30, 2011

Liam2349 wrote:

You make a good point about the player cap on PMC's, perhaps it should only apply when entering Veteran mode. Meaning you can join any faction you want, but you can't veteran to a faction if it has too many players.

Photobucket
Message 88 of 527 (127 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 31, 2011

I would suggest since we are in 2025 .... Then they should have some specialty weapons and equipment that resembles the future...

They should automatically give you 5 skill points on top for every leverl you earn ..... The skill tree now is  close to being perfect...

I have all three slot characters and i cant help but still see some differences... I skilled them the same......and Valor characters are still stiff.. Raven is in between and SVER  characters dance and jump around like ballerina's.... Thats part of the reason they are good they can avoid two or three guys shooting at them .... Seen it happen many times so there is something wrong weather it is accidental or intentional or someone or whole team knowing how to glitch...

The bars for a guns effective ness sucks.... should be  measured it accurately like  in tenths or sixteenths...Examples .......... [][][][][][][][][][].....[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][].......plus the waapons are not giving there actual damage and accuracy like in real life... the way it is now...  Valor weapons are not given enough credit or firepower....True facts.... Once you carry a scar  it is able to carry standard Nato rounds and Ak rounds....The gun is vary stable and accurate compared to any AG or AK..... That in itself says alot..... Valor by all rights should have the best assault rifles....There has been so many improvements in the M4s M16s etc.... yes the first weapons were made by matel in the 1960's  but America learned and other contrators were involved and modified the weapon and weapon is badass....

Im just tired with severs accuracy and two bullet kill shots......

Raven should have some cool looking gear but not so far ahead of valor..Trucks, guns and electronics.....

Whats up with the VANZ shoes on SVER... Is that what makes them run faster , jump around ,run  longer; atleast  it seems that way.....Valor and Raven wear boots is that what is weighing them down....can the diameter for the granade launcher and rocket launchers be more realistic....whats with the glued objects chairs and doors falling down fences after you rocket launch them ...... that is bs....

How come the graphics suck so bad... sever seems to be the most perfectly camofluage team in any envirionment...

as big as the world is there should be atleast 7 PMC....or 9......You could have

Europe;

Africa;

Middle east and  India:

Russia 

Mongolia + China

Lower Asia  + Japan :

North America

South america + Central America...

Australia  

How ever it would work.......

Redue the maps.... it seems that SVER had alot of sympathy design put in to them.  it seems like those maps are made for strong defense without effort... any pmc attacking has a hard time in domination or aquisition even when half the squads are strategizing to defend and the rest are just doing there own thing the attacking team has a hard time getting control.....

Message 89 of 527 (127 Views)
0 Likes