Re: Let's talk subscription fees....

May 28, 2011

LMDinosaur wrote:

Mighty-LordNes wrote:

LMDinosaur wrote:

Mighty-LordNes wrote:

LMDinosaur wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

this all sounds like way too much for a shooter.

Its been done before, and successfully.

On 8 on 8 game modes!

Incorrect, sir.

Im done. Go and pay for it. If it does happen, good luck! :smileywink:

I would jump on board a mmofpg that would give me 6+ years of entertainment ( as they have shown they are able to do in the past ).

It would save me a ton of money.

I fully agree, though the acronym that popped into my head was MMORPS

WWLFD?
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 60 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1323 posts

May 28, 2011

All I have to say is Blizzard and EA have merged and are currently working with Bungie on Project Titan

which many believe to be a MMOFPS (drop into a world with factions etc etc)

so if this is true then zipper and sony need to do something to produce competition  Sony is no stranger to producing Extraordinary MMOs (EQ) and Zipper already have a strong community base 

Let's be honest  mag has probably the best clan system in online shooters so far 

name another game that allows you to group up 128 players and have a convo with them before entering a match

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 60 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
646 posts

May 28, 2011

$1 a month equates to 5 YEARS of gametime for what you paid for the game at the time of release. 

Imagine paying $1 for a month to try the game and if you don't like it, oh well.  Drop the subscription.

Heck, $5 a month would give you 1 full year for the same price you paid for the game.   I don't think that would be unreasonable at all. 

It's too bad people are so unwilling to pay such minimal amounts to make improvements to a game they complain about not being fixed and like so much.  You pay for your freak'n high speed internet, but can't fork over a few bucks a month to the people who make the game you play %80 of the time.  It's just plain lazy, narcisistic, and crybabyish.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 60 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

May 29, 2011

I would be willing to pay a monthly fee for new content and regional servers. (MAG2?)

"de pie, nunca de rodillas"
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 60 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2162 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Xipooo wrote:

$1 a month equates to 5 YEARS of gametime for what you paid for the game at the time of release.

Imagine paying $1 for a month to try the game and if you don't like it, oh well.  Drop the subscription.

Heck, $5 a month would give you 1 full year for the same price you paid for the game.   I don't think that would be unreasonable at all.

It's too bad people are so unwilling to pay such minimal amounts to make improvements to a game they complain about not being fixed and like so much.  You pay for your freak'n high speed internet, but can't fork over a few bucks a month to the people who make the game you play %80 of the time.  It's just plain lazy, narcisistic, and crybabyish.

Yeah, it is fairly ridiculous, if you wouldn't be willing to pay a minor sub fee, then you should have your ability to complain on forums disabled....

lol.

WWLFD?
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 60 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1226 posts

Feb 17, 2012

meh.  i'm not with subscriptions. especially for a fps.  this generation is saturated with them so i see no point in paying monthly for the same crap. things hardly change for FPS games.  On top of all that, the market hardly stays around for a prolonged period of time.  i think subscriptions for shooting games is just a bad idea.

Mischief N mayheM
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 60 (43 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46582 posts

Feb 20, 2012

koopdawoop wrote:

meh.  i'm not with subscriptions. especially for a fps.  this generation is saturated with them so i see no point in paying monthly for the same crap. things hardly change for FPS games.  On top of all that, the market hardly stays around for a prolonged period of time.  i think subscriptions for shooting games is just a bad idea.

Mischief N mayheM

old thread but i totally agree with you.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 60 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2072 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Monthly fee..no

But freedom to buy things...yes.

If I want extra loadout, I'll pay for it.

Need a better version of a gun...I'll pay for it

Better armor...I'll pay for it.

MAG could have evolve into similar like DCOU  or Gundbound.  I use to play Gunbound way back and I use to buy better armor and extra weapon damage just to get an upper advantage.  I mean, every part of the armor like the head gear, gloves, shoes has different effect percentages. 

I have PS home, and I buy stuff like clothes, glasses, etc, which is meaningless for you some people, but... it's only like 49 cents or a dollar.

Hopefully Dust 514 is going to be like that or better. 

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 60 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
646 posts

Feb 21, 2012

I am currently in production of my own video game which will use a black market to generate income.

Makes more sense than what Zipper is doing now.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 60 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4802 posts

Feb 21, 2012

-a way to play for your own gameplay with in game currency

-cheaper if you turn on ads everytime you start up the game

-Servers / server selection

-clan support

- group vs group