First Son
12 posts

Re: Head's Up: Looking into Queue Issue

Jan 4, 2010

zpr_DunhamSmash wrote:

Grey_Wulf wrote:
@zpr_DunhamSmash, I'd still like to know, especially if this is a representation of the final product, how this happened?  Don't flame me.  I'm just making some accountability towards someone who's product I might be purchasing.  

These sort of things happening is exactly what a beta is for -- to find out what creates issues so that we can solve them/ avoid them and make sure that when the final game comes out we can address and fix 'em faster or avoid them altogether.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.  I guess I was just wondering what happened on the server end.  Because from the server end things started working fine and then went down hill.  I've been stoked to play this game ever since my cousin and I heard about it. 

Message 80 of 225 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 4, 2010
It's cool junkyard.  It's sometimes hard to understand someones intent over these forums, especially when their are so many jerkweeds.
Message 81 of 225 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Jan 4, 2010
Thanks for explaining it to them zpr Im doubting a lot of these ppl played mmo betas that have gone worse on a open beta launch day.  You guys are doing great btw.
Message 82 of 225 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jan 4, 2010

JunkYardPuppy wrote:

Grey_Wulf wrote:
@Junkyardpuppy, read the announcement for this "beta".  In it they say clearly this is a representation of the final product.  Servers=part of final product, thus server issues now + beta that is supposedly representation of final product by their own words = my question.  It's pretty easy logic to cover.  Read their announcement and you might understand my question better.

So, in the final product you can only play domination and sabotage? Yeh, this is final condition that their servers are in right now, but with the beta they can improve it and even at launch they can keep improving the servers. What is your point? They just made a couple posts stating that they are working on it, what do you have to complain about?

Notice words I've used like "representation".  I also haven't complained.  I've simply asked for some sort of explanation since they themselves said that this beta is "In an effort to give you a taste of what to expect with the final version of MAG".  So me questioning them about what went wrong isn't complaining.  It's simply looking for some accountability from a possible customer.  

OK both of you this spot is for us to graciously thank the devs at zipper for not waiting 3 days into the beta to adress this problem and for us to hear news of when it comes back on. So Grey_Wulf this is a modified representation of the actual game. I do not know what all has been removed or simplified to make the beta download shorter but it included the graphics. What I do know however is that this beta was intended to test their servers to see if they could handle the massive crouds they have accumulated to the game, there is no way in advance for them to test the servers unless 100 thousand + people work at zipper. So give em a break and lets quit arguing and clogging up the posts. So if you do have to fight one of you go to one faction and the other to a different on and blow each others brains out when the servers come back up. 

OH BTW GREAT JOB ZIPPER ON THE FAST RESPONE LOVE YAH!!! 

Message 83 of 225 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jan 4, 2010
yeah, this is getting really lame. I have been sitting in a Queue for about 2 hours now. GET IT WORKING!
Message 84 of 225 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Jan 4, 2010

Whenever they get it fixed I will be out fragging some more pixel arse so just watchout.  And especially Thursday at CES I am waiting for the showfloor noobs to hand some blood transfusions to after my headshots take down some brain matter....  Ha ha ha ha ha.

I'll bet that a 1 is supposed to be a 0 and it is futzing up the whole works...

Got my pre-order in at Amazon and waiting for the disc in the mail, this is not something to worry about, this will be fixed before the end of the day and then we can rockon the trigger and send some pixels in to the pixel abyss...

Message Edited by SpeedRacer1955 on 01-04-2010 11:18 AM

Message 85 of 225 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 4, 2010
hey play another game while ur w8ing, thts wt im doing Smiley Happy
Message 86 of 225 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Jan 4, 2010

Good to hear from you Dunham.

I hope this game goes BEYOND!! my expectations and i'll probably SCOOP! it up this month

-Harris Foster

Creator of the Gamescoop Game.

Message 87 of 225 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jan 4, 2010

No bad bLazeni, no complaining.  =)

Message 88 of 225 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jan 4, 2010
play another game? how would you propose I do that? I want to play the beta not something else. I mean S, if your going to say a BETA is released/playable on a certain date, then live up to those words.
Message 89 of 225 (1 View)
0 Likes