Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1702 posts

Re: Good article

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2012

MAG is an example of what can be accomplished when you give some creative freedom to developers. Sure it started off with some flaws but it was still an amazing and unique game that many of us spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours playing. When a big corporation like Sony gets in the way and removes creative freedom in hopes of appealing to a broader audience, the result is Socom 4.

Here are some other examples:

Guerrilla is forced to CODify Killzone.

KZ2 sales: 2.86m

KZ3 sales: 2.30m (with much lower week 1 sales)

Insomniac is forced to CODify Resistance.

Resistance 2 sales: 2.32m

Resistance 3 sales: 1.17m

Zipper had a lot of potential and actually knew how to make good games, too bad they were forced to play copycat with Call of Duty.

_________
youtube.com/moejoewins
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (186 Views)
Fender Bender
3281 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Moejoe wrote:

Insomniac is forced to CODify Resistance.

Resistance 2 sales: 2.32m

Resistance 3 sales: 1.17m

I think that is the best stat, Insomniac Games were completely directed to change the game to COD, hell there's so many aspects of COD in the game it was doomed to fail. Sony betrays its loyal exclusive fans every single year by ruining franchises. Resistance 3 for me was the biggest let down especially considering how amazing the improvement from R1 to R2 was I was horrified to see they had completely undone all of that work. 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Aug 9, 2012

For me, Socom 3 was much worse than Socom 4.  Felt like I was playing Halo, so many things changed and not for the better.  I just shake my head at people who rabble at Socom 4 when anything after 2 was a step backwards and in the wrong direction as well.  If I ever get the bug to play Socom again (after the 21st), then it'll be 4 that I play.

--- If Socom fans cannot support a Socom game, why should they ever support a non-Socom game? ---
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2012

I remember somebody on this forum quoting a post from one of the level designers of MAG saying that the workplace at which MAG was created, was A CASE STUDY of MISMANAGEMENT.
Also not all resources were allocated to MAG.

These things (along with the present flaws in the game) tell me that there is a HUGE untapped potential.

MAG 2 will happen. And If it doesn't some other game will take the concept and improve on it. (like what PS2 did on the PC).
I think that there will be more of these kind of shooters on the next generation of consoles.

And as for Sony trying to CODify games......STOP IT. People who want to play COD buy COD. 

You have seen what happened to KZ.

* my 2 cents *

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (128 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Aug 11, 2012

EFKIE wrote:

I remember somebody on this forum quoting a post from one of the level designers of MAG saying that the workplace at which MAG was created, was A CASE STUDY of MISMANAGEMENT.
Also not all resources were allocated to MAG.

These things (along with the present flaws in the game) tell me that there is a HUGE untapped potential.

MAG 2 will happen. And If it doesn't some other game will take the concept and improve on it. (like what PS2 did on the PC).
I think that there will be more of these kind of shooters on the next generation of consoles.

And as for Sony trying to CODify games......STOP IT. People who want to play COD buy COD. 

You have seen what happened to KZ.

* my 2 cents *

^ This

Just imagine how MAG would have been if Zipper and Sony gave them the management and support it needed.

We could be talking about one of the best games of the generation.

MAG, for me is a very good game. (And also my favorite...)

But for the platform that is in, is just perfect, and YES it could have been better, but just add what I said, and we would've had a sequel by yesterday.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (100 Views)
0 Likes