Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
713 posts

Re: Beta Registration emails.

Aug 13, 2009

Hi Abigale, how are you?

Thanks for the post, and I would kindly ask that next time, maybe they can give you a little more info to pass along to us. Last year they sent out invites similar to this for Resistance and Killzone and one other that I am drawing a blank on. ANyway, last summer thru fall, I was in Resistance, LBP, HOME, SOCOM, Motorstorm( in reverse order lol) Now I have been in a Titanic amount of BETA's going back to 2001 for the PS2.

This whole "criteria" thing is really out of whack., out of kilter..., and off it's rocker...I just don't understand this process of picking people based on certian criteria, when for EXAMPLE, well 2 EXAMPLES actually that:

- that certain criteria does NOT choose a previous experienced Beta tester, yes, someone like me, and many others like me I have spoken to today, who have been involved in a plethora of Beta tests, and who has been a PSU member since 2001 and then GAP member since 2004 when supposedly GAP members get preference

and 2ndly

- that certain criteria does in fact choose a person who has NOT been a Beta Tester, OR PSU/GAP member and who has never played any type of war game period, or online wargames, like R2, Killzone 2,

Now let me get this out of the way. Am I disappointed I didn't get a Beta Invte? ABSOLUTELY. Could I still get a Beta invite for the 2nd part of it, sure.  Am I jealous? of course, who wouldn't be, especially for one of thee most anticipated games ever. Yes Uncharted 2 is gonna be awesome.. but this game no one has ever attempted before, unless you wanna count the PC games. lol..

Is this sour grapes on my part? I say NO..now the reason I say no, and why I said I don't understand this so called "criteria" because this IS now the 3rd time this "Criteria" has chosen some people for this Beta, who:

a) NEVER played a strategic game, or strategic stealth games of any kind  (yes boxing, madden etc does have strategy yea yea lol)               

and the MOST IMPORTANT PART AND FACTOR!

b) Never, ever BOUGHT, rented, NOR played any type of war game like COD, Resistance, Socom, Killzone, Brothers n Arms etc..yet, they get chosen?

Now I know this for fact because 2 of my friends, 1 in Florida who I used to work with, and play golf for real and online with, and someone I met thru PS HOME, told me they got the Beta invite questionaire if you will, for M.A.G. Since I said, "Yeah whatever..when I heard the "click" for my mailbox. I was thinking Oh God ..no, way in hell!!

When I opened it up i was cursing in my head, but then i was dumbfounded on how they got picked?

When that friend is a sports guru...Madden, Tiger, Basbeball, boxing Sknowboarding.. basically all EA's sprots titles

I respect that fact that everyone on your end, doesn't always get the straight out facts on what is going on regarding who gets sent what invites and so forth. But when experienced others get pushed aside, or leap frogged so to speak and are not chosen, how does it look when the one who is chosen, has never been in a BETA, has never played 1st person shooters, or squad based games, and the only war game he has ever played was Warlords for Atari in 1981 lol

Message Edited by Haskell420 on 08-13-2009 02:43 AM
PSN: Haskell420: aka "The Master Beta'R" - PSU member since 2000:GAP member since 2004 w/ 22-PS2 Beta Tests : Now 39- PS3 & PS4 Betas!
* PS REWARDS BETA Member - 2014 BETA's- PS4- DESTINY: Alpha BETA, Battlefield: Hardline Pvt. Beta, PS Now Pvt BETA Invite PS3 & PS4), 3/14- DESTINY - 2012 Betas- 35. DUST 514 "Closed Private Beta, 34. Dust 514 Private Beta & 33. PS All Stars Beta, 2011- 32. R & C:All 4 One Beta, 31.Gotham City Impost. Beta, -30. Call of Duty Elite Beta, 29. Starhawk Pvt. Beta, 28.Resistance 3 Pvt/Closed Beta INVITE(not from PS+), 27.Uncharted 3 MP BETA
2010 - 26) DCUO, 25)LBP 2-Private Beta, 24) Killzone 3-Private Beta, 23) A.Creed 2:B.Hood MP Beta, 22) Dead Space 2 MP Closed Beta, 21)Dead Space 2 Private BETA, 20)Medal Of Honor MP Beta, 19)F.Fantasy Alpha BETA, 18)N.F.S:World-Closed Beta, 17)BLUR Beta; 10)PC: Star Craft 2, Command/Conq.

2009-ALL Closed Beta Testing's-:16)ModNation Racing, 15)Battlefield 2 Beta,14)MAG Beta, 13)Uncharted 2 MP Beta, 12) SuperCar Challenge Closed & 11)SCC Private Beta,10)FAT Princess Beta,9) Resistance:Fall of Man 2, 8)HOME-Closed-)HOME Open Beta Tester, 6)LBP, 5.)SOCOM: Confrontation, 4)Motorstorm Pacific Rift, 3)Grand Turismo Prologue:Closed & 2)GT Open Beta Tester, 1)Rainbow Six Beta- FREE Realms- PC Beta Tester,
Music: Metallica,VH,Queensryche,Judas Priest, Dream Theater, Megadeth, 50's,80's, NY Yankees, J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets, NY Islanders, Florida Gators
Message 221 of 526 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Aug 13, 2009
You and me both :smileytongue:.I doubt I'll get one but hopefully down the line i'll get into one.
Message 222 of 526 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
268 posts

Aug 13, 2009

send me the mail zipper..

ive played 400hrs of kz2..

plz :smileysad: 

imageshack
Message 223 of 526 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Aug 13, 2009

plz can u send me a beta code

Psn: ehsaan1

Email: ehsaan_bajar@hotmail.co.uk

thx for the new info

Message 224 of 526 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Aug 13, 2009
Please guys, Stop begging.

It only makes you seem desperate onto something that people will get by luck and random.

There is nothing that will get you this even if you plaid Killzone2, Resistance 2, etc.

I can only hope the best for you all and good luck. But for future refference just stop asking for it, and just discuss on the current info available to you.
Blkstrk Sig

g4llogo1yg6.png
Message 225 of 526 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Aug 13, 2009
Thanks for an official word :smileywink:
Message 226 of 526 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Aug 13, 2009
Alright kl, Does it matter how many posts you have?
K/D:3.90
uTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlgerianGooner
Clan- http://www.whodareswins.darkbb.com

Message 227 of 526 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3112 posts

Aug 13, 2009

AlgerianGooner wrote:

I dont think so. As the guy that brought the codes up first had 0-2 post here. So, I think it really is based on psu criteria.
Message 228 of 526 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Aug 13, 2009
Sorry to sound stupid but what do you mean by PSU?
K/D:3.90
uTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlgerianGooner
Clan- http://www.whodareswins.darkbb.com

Message 229 of 526 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12798 posts

Aug 13, 2009

Southern_Drunk wrote:

AlgerianGooner wrote:

I dont think so. As the guy that brought the codes up first had 0-2 post here. So, I think it really is based on psu criteria.

It is based primarily on your game preferences in your psu profile.  If you dont have any preferences set, they you should go do that.

Message 230 of 526 (0 Views)
0 Likes