Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 17 2012
By: Cotten-Balls Fender Bender 3940 posts

Cotten-Balls down, enemy has jammed my command network!

6 replies 580 views Edited Mar 17, 2012

Successfully I might add....PS3 is messed up, so you won't be seeing me anytime soon, but I'll post what I posted on the support forum in case anyone else knows how to help:

I tried turning it on with the controller first, but it was as if the controllers had been de-synced, so I tried the power button, the light went from red to green as it should, but only for about a second. During that time the fan starts, but stops abruptly and the whole system shuts off completely, as though there was no power going to the system at all, so it goes from red light to green when I press power and then off completely.

During the stage in which it is completely off, if I press the power button again it will beep and the light will come back on in red and will stay there. If I press it again, it will go green and repeat the same process stated above. Anyone know what I can do, it's not an old system I've had the system for only about 6 months so it shouldn't be having issues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again, I'd appreciate any advice on the problem and I hope to see (and kill) all of you moar very soon...but I won't hold my breath.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1467 posts

Re: Cotten-Balls down, enemy has jammed my command network!

Mar 17, 2012

That sucks Cotten..... but I have to say, when I read the title of your post I thought that you might be implying something COMPLETELY different.

Seriously:  According to some of the "More Like This" posts on the right, people seem to be describing the same thing and saying that it is a power supply issue. Service required... pack it up and wait it out. I'd say double check but...

Good luck with it.... get back on soon... buy another PS3 just in case.

The Butterfly Effect [}!{]

Butterflies.engin.com ------ for when you get banned from here

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (580 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1357 posts

Mar 30, 2012

What does this have to do with mag?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jun 5, 2012

JRLSprague wrote:

What does this have to do with mag?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Sue the SVERs.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Jul 10, 2012

DUST 514 got jealous you got back on MAG so it fried your console :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2012

you probably have YLOD if you do then it takes around $120 to fix by professionals

he fixed my fat ps3 had same issues started of as that until for a brief second i noticed the green light turn yellow sort of greenish yellow.

i searched carefuly and came to found the perfect man who has fixed hundreds of systems. if you live near la your in luck if not you can ship it to him

heres the link 

http://www.ioffer.com/buy/playstation-3-reballing-repair-service-1-year-warranty-381261376-riogeorge...

just posting in case it is YLOD

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (534 Views)
0 Likes