For Grant and Qube!

water

Photobucket
Message 2261 of 3,798 (241 Views)
Gaming Beast
2316 posts

Re: [}!{] The Butterfly Effect - Raven Dom/Acq Clan - Recruiting Now

Aug 13, 2012

In my earlier days, I swear I made my career by using water-cooler gossip to my advantage -- these days, people just nod politely and scurry away. Although, truth be told, middle and senior-management are far worse gossips than everyone else combined, just we do our gossip under the guise of steering committee or budget meetings.

Message 2262 of 3,798 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1467 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Thanks Lilz.... how'd you know I needed a drink of water? :smileywink:

The Butterfly Effect [}!{]

Butterflies.engin.com ------ for when you get banned from here

Photobucket
Message 2263 of 3,798 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1467 posts

Aug 13, 2012

theQube wrote:

In my earlier days, I swear I made my career by using water-cooler gossip to my advantage -- these days, people just nod politely and scurry away. Although, truth be told, middle and senior-management are far worse gossips than everyone else combined, just we do our gossip under the guise of steering committee or budget meetings.

You know, not being a coffee drinker or a smoker I have had to find other excuses to sit around with my coworkers. It is made easier when some of the guys just come by my desk and sit down and start their conversation with, "So... what's up?" while others can be brought into conversations while we are in the middle of controlling a $300 million facility. Either way works for me.

I have found that committees and meetings can be the fodder for a lot of gossip but not so much the source of it. Of course, I'm no executive board member so I only hear about the stuff that goes on in those meetings... which is why I say they end up being fodder for gossip.

The Butterfly Effect [}!{]

Butterflies.engin.com ------ for when you get banned from here

Photobucket
Message 2264 of 3,798 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2316 posts

Aug 14, 2012

This is my first C-level appointment (although strictly that structures not been put in place yet) sitting on, rather than reporting to a board - the most significant difference, it would seem, is where before I'd spend all day in meetings and all night fixing whatever was wrong, I now just spend all day and night in meetings. It seems like actually achieving anything on a day to day basis isn't a requirement.

In fairness, the kind of gossip so far has been less of "who's being sacked next" variety and more of the "have you seen the new maketing executive?" All very locker room and juvenile... incidentally, yes, I have seen the new marketing exec and, yes, she is quite attractive, but could someone explain to me why we're paying her £5,000 over the market rate for her position? Cue the sound of crickets coming from the direction of the sales and marketing director (our soon-to-be COO).

Message 2265 of 3,798 (216 Views)
Fender Bender
3281 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

Grant great to have you back :smileyvery-happy: and nice looking jaffa's :smileytongue:

Since the olympic closing ceremony i've had a desire to bring back Fatboy Slim, been listening back through all his music. What i like most about him is he stopped at his peak to start a family, so he never made any naff over produced albums, their all good and he kept his credibility in tact. 

ft

BOW TO THE KING!

Message 2266 of 3,798 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Aug 14, 2012

As you probably already know, the new Dust beta build have landed today and among other things; grouping is now implemented!

So run home and start downloading...

Photobucket

(***) shooting stars in valor recruiting good players who average 20 kills or more in sabo 15 kills or more in suppression and who know how to heal and play together, if interested message airwreck21.
Message 2267 of 3,798 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3281 posts

Aug 14, 2012

QueenBabar wrote:

As you probably already know, the new Dust beta build have landed today and among other things; grouping is now implemented!

So run home and start downloading...

As painful as it is, I am doing it >_<. Do you know how big a group we can have?

Message 2268 of 3,798 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
898 posts

Aug 14, 2012

I'll start downloading now!

Photobucket

Lions095 (Raven)
Lions_X2_(Valor)
XxBILL_A_BONGXx(SVER)
aka Great Big Softie (Quote from Qubert)
Message 2269 of 3,798 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
898 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

God this update is gonna take ages. 304 minutes. What has been implemented this build king?

Photobucket

Lions095 (Raven)
Lions_X2_(Valor)
XxBILL_A_BONGXx(SVER)
aka Great Big Softie (Quote from Qubert)
Message 2270 of 3,798 (176 Views)
0 Likes