Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1544 posts

Re: How many of you are guilty...

Jul 9, 2012

Played Beta with a friend

Joined TG a day before MAG release where I stayed for mounths leaving because of inactivity in EU hours 

This is when I applied for dark flock. Over the next few days I played SABO alone when...

Bumped into Majik (who was on 3C world tour) in 2 SABO matches in a row outkilling him twice

He invited me to try out for 3C 

I did as a level 9 in a 12 vs 12 Q^ vs GUN 

Did well and Jumpman said I was in 

Plyed in all the big 3C clan battles apart from vs AIR because I had a alt in AIR for a long time ,Playing in AIR's clan battles as well (apart from vs 3C)

Stayed with 3C till they merged with GC where I am now 

TG  --->  3C  --Merge--> GC

Rest of you are clan hoppers tbh  :smileytongue:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Fat suit champ
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 88 (264 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1205 posts

Jul 9, 2012

theQube wrote:

Cue massive wall of text!

I was a founding member of [AOD] Army of Darkness, a clan formed by beta addicts who'd already played several hundred hours together before launch. It was a fun, relatively low-profile clan of mixed ability. I was in charge of their community relations and enjoyed my time with them. Sadly, after some 500 hours, a bad joke went awry and the gold star accidentally found itself pinned to the wrong jacket. I soon became frustrated with the change in management, deciding instead to focus on qualifying for entry into [~^~] The Dark Flock.

Still in [AOD], I started building up a relationship with members of the Flock. I frequently found myself out-MVPing (but not out-K/Ding) them and they'd be kind enough to invite me to their groups. For a short while [AOD] and [~^~] would secretly Q sync (it was against Flock policy at the time), such that I believe I have the curious honour of having both the longest and shortest try-out in the history of the Flock.

In retrospect, it all sounds so pathetic: the thirty year old head of finance at a FTSE 250 company, working 60-80 hours a week, deciding that what he really needed in life was to join a clan in a videogame. But then, I'm sure we're all guilty of having obsessed over something so obviously pointless at some time or another.

After a couple of months playing with the Flock on the side, as well as lurking in their IRC chat room, I'd gone from having golden crosses over hours and a 0.85 KDR to having 200 grim reapers (an increase of some 100 or more!), a 1.50 KDR and 51 purple hearts (a increase of just three). It's difficult to explain just how much effort it took me to "git gud" and the reality is I'll always be a circle-holding scrub with terrible aim, but somehow I managed to reach the minimum requirements for a try-out...

For those of you who weren't around at the time, the Flock's recruiting practices were the stuff of legend - they were extremely strict and try-outs often lasted weeks at a time, at the end of which you could very easily be given little more information than "You have been unsuccessful." I knew, with my borderline statistics, my chances were very slim - I hatched a plan.

I'd already made friends with most of the Flock, now it was time to make myself indispensible to them. Many of you may not realise it, but tic2000's MAG leaderboards were originally created for the use of the Flock to track the statistics of potential recruits and try-outs. The problem was, it was based on a fairly inefficient and resource hungry process, a process which needed to be hosted on a dedicated webserver. When the opportunity presented itself, I offered to source and maintain that server, hosting both the MAG leaderboards and the Flock's website. A few weeks later, having integrated myself so tightly into the fabric of the clan, I submitted my application and was accepted almost immediately.

From the outside, the Flock always looked like a cult, shrouded in secrecy - in reality, it was much more like a family. And like all families, it had its problems, but I loved it.

As with [AOD], I spent around 500 hours in the Flock, working my up to an officer position and acting as its official spokesperson. After so much time though, the game began to show its age, with more players putting less hours into MAG; and the Dark Flock - with its adherence to strict policies - began to falter. A lack of new blood and a resistence to Q syncing/clan battling, led to greater and greater internal conflict, until it was patently clear we were on our way out.

Many people say that the clan battle with 3C was the straw the broke the Flocks back, but from my perspective its fate was sealed long beforehand. For sometime after, it often felt I was the only officer still playing MAG and without the go-ahead to open up recruitment, I knew my time with them was coming to an end.

It was around the same time that [V-C] Valor Coalition went on a massive clan battle spree and with frustration of the [~^~]/[3C] battle, it was exactly what I needed. [V-C]'s success during that short period of time was ultimately its downfall - few clans can claim to have achieved so much, in so little a period of time. It was a great education and I have very fond memories of my time with them, but when the other clans got tired of being beaten, I decided to return to my home faction.

I returned to Raven not really knowing where to go, so I'm grateful to [)B(] Deadly Blue Dots - who were really starting to build up a strong following - for allowing me to join them for a short time. In truth though, I never intended on staying there for very long and I made that clear from the start. With [~^~] still on life-support and all the other elite clans changing their names every other week, I knew I needed to strike out on my own.

I founded [}!{] The Butterfly Effect with the aide of friends from a number of different clans, the aim being to create something that attracted skilled, but not egotistical players, where the win meant absolutely everything - anyone would be allowed to join, just as long as they had a sense of humour and I liked the way they played.

We've been around quite some time now - I've played around 1000 hours under my tags - and whilst we've always been a very small clan, I'm still proud of what we've achieved: we're easily the biggest bunch of QQ'ing try-hard ringers you're ever likely to come across!

I've also had alts in dozens of clans, whether for just a few hours as a ringer, or longer term for a change of scenery or community events, like the drafts.

I want moar.  Write a MAG biography now!  with pictures.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 88 (260 Views)
Gaming Beast
2316 posts

Jul 9, 2012

lilzinho wrote:

I have a few pictures and several hundred videos, and whilst I'm sure there's some fairly interesting stuff still to be told (particularly from the point of view of my many alt accounts), I can't imagine anyone really wants to read any more from me.

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 88 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1467 posts

Jul 10, 2012

theQube wrote:

lilzinho wrote:

I have a few pictures and several hundred videos, and whilst I'm sure there's some fairly interesting stuff still to be told (particularly from the point of view of my many alt accounts), I can't imagine anyone really wants to read any more from me.

Just to put the pressure on, I'd be willing to read moar!... errrr, I mean "more."

The Butterfly Effect [}!{]

Butterflies.engin.com ------ for when you get banned from here

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 88 (226 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1126 posts

Jul 10, 2012

I've switched clan tags more times then I can remember. Been like that in every online game I've ever played... Also Qube needs to write MOAR!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 88 (208 Views)
Fender Bender
3281 posts

Jul 11, 2012
I was led to believe that was an extract from the theQube's autobiography, titled "You laggy ****, here comes your boyfriend"

So you telling me its not in production? I'd been saving to buy a copy as well :smileysad: was going to get the hard back edition with the toy that when you squeezed it said "Oh look your boyfriend killed me". I am saddened by this.

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 88 (190 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1205 posts

Jul 11, 2012
I was looking forward to the book signing followed by the panel show.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 88 (189 Views)
Fender Bender
3277 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Qube out of all that text all I got was that you wh0red your way into ~^~ :smileyvery-happy:

Oh and that  you definitley have more than enough money to send me jaffa cakes since you were able to finance two websites :smileywink:

photo FreeRohullav1_zpsc97c3011.png
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 88 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2316 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Why has this thread turned into a QQ-at-theQube thread? You're all arseholes.

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 88 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3281 posts

Jul 19, 2012

theQube wrote:

Why has this thread turned into a QQ-at-theQube thread? You're all arseholes.

Because were all still waiting on your MAG Biography and were getting impatient! 

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 88 (142 Views)