Sep 22 2012
By: xHazard88x First Son 1 posts

Up and coming players & clans

9 replies 832 views Edited Sep 22, 2012

I'm just curious, I'm new to MAG and looking through the forums, all I see is talk about old clans and players. Especially about KDR and grims etc..

So my question is; is there any new up and coming players and clans at all? I know player wise people will probably mention alts but is there no new genuine players with with around 100-200 hours who actually keep up and compete with the 'old school' guys?

As for clans, are there any good clans who might not be able to match the quality of the top clans in each faction but give a good fight? I'm sure there are plenty of new players who are looking for big active clans that aren't too interested in clan battles but are actually good with tactics etc..

Message 1 of 10 (832 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Re: Up and coming players & clans

Sep 23, 2012
TG in raven has clan deploys every wed. And sunday. They rely on tactics. No one in the clan is worried about grims over hours tho. War raven gets some decent numers on late at night pretty often. Ive seen TR and KEQ on valor with some decent numbers on recently.
Message 2 of 10 (792 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Sep 23, 2012

herbalicious101 wrote:
TG in raven has clan deploys every wed. And sunday. They rely on tactics. No one in the clan is worried about grims over hours tho. War raven gets some decent numers on late at night pretty often. Ive seen TR and KEQ on valor with some decent numbers on recently.

The leader of KEQ kicked everyone because he is smart. He said he wanted to rebuilt the clan from the start, to get new players in. He will start off by getting all the old ones in first -.-

Hunnimonster
Message 3 of 10 (782 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5444 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Hunnimonster64 wrote:

The leader of KEQ kicked everyone because he is smart. He said he wanted to rebuilt the clan from the start, to get new players in. He will start off by getting all the old ones in first -.-

Not enitely true.

Everyone in the clan (including officers) is getting kicked and recruiting anyone who still wants to be part of the clan. It's being done to prevent freezing, get rid of dead wright who never log on anymore, and help get more organized. We've had purges like this before, but not to this scale.

Our clan policies haven't changed.

photo freecomms_zpsa50e6e82.jpg
Message 4 of 10 (755 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2188 posts

Sep 24, 2012

CptKirby wrote:

Hunnimonster64 wrote:

Not enitely true.

Everyone in the clan (including officers) is getting kicked and recruiting anyone who still wants to be part of the clan. It's being done to prevent freezing, get rid of dead wright who never log on anymore, and help get more organized. We've had purges like this before, but not to this scale.

Our clan policies haven't changed.

Speaking about KEQ policies, i heard for every year you stay in KEQ you get a free cinnabon roll. Is this true? 

Message 5 of 10 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1467 posts

Sep 25, 2012

xHazard88x wrote:

I'm just curious, I'm new to MAG and looking through the forums, all I see is talk about old clans and players. Especially about KDR and grims etc..

So my question is; is there any new up and coming players and clans at all? I know player wise people will probably mention alts but is there no new genuine players with with around 100-200 hours who actually keep up and compete with the 'old school' guys?

As for clans, are there any good clans who might not be able to match the quality of the top clans in each faction but give a good fight? I'm sure there are plenty of new players who are looking for big active clans that aren't too interested in clan battles but are actually good with tactics etc..

For Raven you can also look at [SON]. Try messaging Y_U_HY_DING if you want to connect.

The Butterfly Effect [}!{]

Butterflies.engin.com ------ for when you get banned from here

Photobucket
Message 6 of 10 (695 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 21, 2012
does M.O.V still exist ?
Message 7 of 10 (613 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jan 10, 2013

[MUT] has a strong following. They usually have close to two squads worth of players every night, precise, tactical, team oriented and everyone communicates. [843] is also skilled and runs heavy. Both are Raven.

Message 8 of 10 (446 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts

Jan 28, 2013

I really don't think any new school mag players can hold up with there own with and old school MAG beast lol

Message 9 of 10 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
504 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Honestly, it's really hard to imagine that freshly new players could hold their own with the old school crowd.  This game is 3 years old.  They have 3 years of catching up to do in my opinion (others may disagree).  I've stated it in the past that there are so many little things in this game that you have to be aware of or you and your squad are redlined.  It takes time not only for a single player, but for a group of players to learn tactical chemistry.

When I said lots of little things, I meant things that you cannot just pick up right away. It requires lots of time and interest in getting better.  Here is an example..

Should you have the patience, time and interest...

The ( Basics ) are to Plan, move, shoot, and Medic.  Yet just those 4 basic things you do have steep learning curves in pursuit of mastering them.  Then you have to find people that will ACTUALLY work together intelligently.  Over time you will understand the layouts of the different maps and how to fully take advantage of your surroundings.

( Intermediate )- will be all about taking your beginners clan and battling other clans.  This is where you find out that you're not so hot s-h-i-t.  During this time, you will learn far more about how the mechanics of the game work.  All those basic things will be heightened 10 fold.  Your clan will become a well oiled machine.

( Advanced )-  You've learned a lot. You feel you are ready to take on an Elite clan.  Here is where you have to have your clan tactics and gun game at it's best.  Once you have beaten some of the best, then you call yourself an Elite Clan.  

(Elite )- Everyone in this category most likely has put in too many hours into this game.  They have/had the patience, time, and interest to see themselves to the top and earn the tags of fear in the eyes of the 90%.  Even at this stage there is learning to be had, but you are far ahead of everyone else.  Some skills you learn at this level are almost magic.  Your squad moves together like a pack of wolves.  Everyone knows what to do in a given situation without having to talk about it.  Your personal skills gain a gut instinct that saves you too often.  You shoot the enemy before you see them.  You movement is highly erratic. Your headshots get so consistent that people actually believe you are using an aimbot!  You have the ability to take on multiple players at once consistently and so can everyone in your clan.  

This is why imho a new clan cannot even dream of taking on an Elite clan.

Click here to watch the VL$ vs 3 Videos.

Message 10 of 10 (382 Views)
0 Likes