--------------------
Chris Roper
Community Manager, Zipper Interactive
--------------------
Message 1 of 16 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

Re: Zipline Podcast - Episode 30 Now Live!

Feb 12, 2011

Interesting MAG BLOG... not !!    Start calling these Socom blog from now on !

Message 2 of 16 (386 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1292 posts

Feb 12, 2011

that was just...............omg.....how can you even call that a podcast? all you did was talk about socom. within one minute, you mentioned a MAG patch and that was it......not one things about MAG for 30-40 minutes.....that was the biggest fail podcast yet. im sorry guys.....that was just really bad...

Photobucket
Message 3 of 16 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
321 posts

Feb 12, 2011

I can't believe what I'm hearing...A group of devs, so talented, so experienced and a group who claims to have an open ear to their community, sure knows how to completely DEMO THEIR OWN FRANCHISE. I don't even know where to begin talking about what sucks... Last minute Radar...What a dork move.

You guys don't have a stinking clue about what made your own game great.

You got rid of the lobbies just to get people into a room faster? You know what...I can't even rant on here anymore about how this game is being completely DEFLOWERED without MASHING DOWN ON THE KEYBOARD UNTIL MY HANDS TURN RED... Just kill this franchise after this one...Its just a circus now...

I didn't even finish the podcast...

I blame Sony
Message 4 of 16 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Feb 13, 2011

wow......

to make up for that bs....vets should be able to get 2 weapons from factions we vetted tp and from....so i can have my atac on valor...give me my one magg\ dying wish....u guys are so obsessed with socom....mag is the first and only game of ts kind....the greatest shooter today....atleast leave us with clan wars,neautral maps,vets with neutral weapons....and few more weapons or maps....then let us rot away

Message 5 of 16 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Edd
First Son
25 posts

Feb 13, 2011
I feel that you addressed alot of the concerns the community has with socom 4, and I felt that you addressed said concerns with legitimate reasoning (I.E. not having custom games ranked to reduce stat padding, including matchmaking so people can quickly jump into a game, not having pistols because two primaries offer more tactical flexibility). But one thing I felt was a pretty lame excuse was that you didn't include domination because you wanted to focus on new games modes. What NEW game modes are there? All of the modes I've heard of are pretty much carry overs from MAG. I'm on board with pretty much all of the other decisions that were made, they all make sense and offer options for everyone. But the modes you have for Socom 4 don't justify the "we wanted to make NEW modes" excuse.
Message 6 of 16 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Feb 13, 2011

dissapointed in the lack of MAG speek but that i've been to that place in the background of your picture

Signature Removed by Admin due to Inappropriate Content.
Message 7 of 16 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Feb 13, 2011

I like the info you guys gave but I do agree that there could have been a bit more on MAG, unless there really isn't much to be said.

Thanks for keeping the community involved with how the development process is going. Fun to hear how everything is evolving throughout. Keep it up!

Message 8 of 16 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Feb 14, 2011
I'm just confused. I didn't catch the snippet of mag in this podcast. Maybe I skimmed around too much looking for it, skimming by about 20 seconds at a time, It was about SOCOM at the beginning and at the end. So, what information do we have about the future of MAG? Personally, I'd like a MAG 2.0. Asked a few buddies the other night while playing, and they had the same opinion. MAG is freaken awesome.
Message 9 of 16 (386 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Feb 15, 2011
The MAG comment was at the beginning of the show, just after the opening comments. Basically, all that was said was that the 2.11 patch will be rolled out towards the end of the month. Some fixes include freezing and disconnect issues. I'd just like to have the character slots I paid for.

Mag 2 would be nice, but it will be long after all the bugs have been worked out of Socom, even after its launch, before Zipper starts thinking about a second MAG.
Message 10 of 16 (386 Views)
0 Likes