Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Re: Zipline Podcast, Episode 23 Q&A Thread - Chris Oje and David Johnson

Oct 5, 2010

Queston 1:

As far as Clan Officers go, could the leader have an additional option to assign to them please? An ability to kick people from the clan is not necessarily a power all officers should have, and not all leaders want to bestow upon even those that they would like to empower with the ability to recruit. Could we have "Deputies" or some lesser title with only the power to recruit please?

Question 2:

With the ability to give Incentive to the different game modes, Directives initial purpose has changed while it's function has not. Encouraging game modes is now done with Game Mode specific bonus percentages (how on the fly those are able to be altered without game server resets has never been discussed) I would think that they could easily be tied to the factions contract progression (which was always implied to be the directives purpose).

Let's go all in. Directives being for joining games already in progress. Directives being for solo soldiers and not available to groups. Let's not give Directives a bonus but have whatever percentage bonus already applied to a particular game mode still apply for the solo soldier joining the battle late.

Message 11 of 65 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Oct 5, 2010

In MAG would it be possible network and software engine wise to be able to control air vehicles? I was thinking more of like flying helicopters or controlling bombers, flying uavs etc..

Message 12 of 65 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Oct 5, 2010

1_ Can we get some unconventional weapons? like unmanned sentry guns (with limits of course, like weak bullet damage, limits of how many per square hundred meters), and maybe flame throwers (shotgun range less damage but damage continues even after being hit)

2_ Why can't we have some more unconventional weapons?

Message 13 of 65 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2956 posts

Oct 5, 2010

Is there a way Zipper can give us back happy hour time spent and lost in a game that ended due to disconnections or freezes? For example, if i spent 15 minutes in a game of Domination during Happy Hour and got disconnected, would there be a way to get those 15 minutes i lost added back to my Happy Hour clock?

Photobucket
Message 14 of 65 (28 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 5, 2010

Question for David - Do you know any programming languages to be able to do your current job and which ones do you know and how did you learn them?

I love java but haven't done most of it but will do more now games like minecraft are made with it! Smiley Happy

Thanks

Dale Goodwin

LVL 61 SVER SNIPER

Message 15 of 65 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1323 posts

Oct 5, 2010

I have a question that has been floating in my mind for ages

would it be possible to release a MAP tool pack compatable with MAG?

kinda like UT3

Message 16 of 65 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Oct 5, 2010

Since there are so many mixed opinions about both the shotguns, the new knife, and the supply depot CP requirements  will we see any changes for them in the near future? possibly in the next patch?

Message 17 of 65 (28 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 6, 2010

would you put different color for the letter indicator so it matches which PMC got the objective.

this would help for escalation  

Message 18 of 65 (28 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 6, 2010
will we ever be able to have guns in both hands and will there be a new shotgun coming anytime of some new pistols
Message 19 of 65 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3008 posts

Oct 6, 2010

With the new 2.0 update what has been causing the freezing and disconnection errors?  Does it have to do with memory issues?

[The YouTube Poser]

Message 20 of 65 (28 Views)
0 Likes