Jul 12 2010
By: zpr_Roper Uncharted Territory 1796 posts

Zipline, Episode 12 Q&A Thread - Tom Rigas

29 replies 27 views Edited Jul 12, 2010

This week's guest shall be Tom Rigas, Producer here at Zipper.

Tom handled a lot of the day-to-day production work on helping to get SOCOM 4's E3 demo finished in time for the show, so he'll have plenty to talk about on this week's Zipline podcast. While he isn't currently working on MAG, he's been here long enough to have seen the game from well before shipping to what it's become now, so don't be afraid to dig for some MAG info as well.

--------------------
Chris Roper
Community Manager, Zipper Interactive
--------------------
Message 1 of 30 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Re: Zipline, Episode 12 Q&A Thread - Tom Rigas

Jul 13, 2010
Is there any chance of Interdiction becoming free so it becomes playable? Right now literaly no one is playing
Message 2 of 30 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

Jul 13, 2010

as a producer do you spend a lot of time play n the games or do you find yourself to busy keeping others hard at work?

and did you play MAG? if so what gun do you use and what PMC do you run with??!!

can't help it.....

If the DLC comes out free I WILL spend my last days TKn blue dots in Interdiction.. its 10 bucks COME ON zipper wants MAG to bring in cash.. give n away DLCs after they charged from the is a nono..

Message 3 of 30 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Jul 13, 2010
In «MAG» DLC INTERDICTION. What if all three faction where to fill one sever queue to launch the match (32 players per. faction to start queue / a 3ed convoy / 3 MBs) . In my opinion, it would be a better experience for the whole community, not just the factions with more members in queue. PS. off the record, if a 2 faction match did launch there's one faction that all paid there dues, waiting in queue, Is that fair?
We'll Die Trying, Leaving No Man Behind. NSW-red_knight PMC:��VALOR��
Message 4 of 30 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
933 posts

Jul 13, 2010

1.  Will the Clan System and Lobby system in S4 be the same as what we had in S2 (multiplayer)??

2.  Do you have a ETA for the Beta and will it be Open or Closed.??

3.  Will there be Weather in S4, Day, Night, Rain, Snow, etc...(multiplayer)??

4.  Are there any plans for Tournaments, similar to what CF has, but BETTER!!??

5.  Will there be Clan Management on www.socom4.com, along with Stats, etc..??

Message 5 of 30 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jul 13, 2010

Thnx for answering my last question.FYI the name, I don't know how to pronounce it either, but just call me Garrett(my psn is my first/last name without vowels).TO THE QUESTIONS!

1.What weapons will be coming in the coming patches as mentioned in the answer of my question last week and a ETA on the release?

2.Will MAG get a player count balancing feature?

The game is all about the players, but with the Sabotage getting at least 500 players per faction, and others barely having enough to start 1 game (HINT HINT Interdiction and Acquisition). This undermines the game's enjoyability.I believe the cause to be that Sabotage is the only game type to have XP bonuses as the contract bonuses.We need a feature that makes it MANDATORY that the game matches be randomly picked by player count on the server after all are unlocked with the exception of  interdiction since it is payed dlc (but you could decide to make it free to include it too). Basically make it mandatory to go to directives mode to balance things out, or change up the contract rewards. This gives ALL modes more potential to be played.

If you can't answer all of these, At least answer 2

Message 6 of 30 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
713 posts

Jul 13, 2010

Have a couple of questions.

1. Are you aware of the problem that sometimes when you have sights on enemy and firing at them the hits aren't registering, if so any plans to fix it.
2. Are you aware of the problem that sometimes when firing at an enemy a blue circle pops up like you are hitting a friendly even with a friendly no where in sight. Any plans on fixing this?
3. General ETA on clan wars, i.e. which upcoming patch?
4. Any plans on raising xp for kills? Feels like your being cheated when you are forward while defending or attacking and wiping out the enemies clearing the way for teammates only to get like 50 some odd kills and be beat in points by someone with like 10 kills b/c of full rez getting so much more xp. Without the "killers" on a team it would be hard to win. Feels kinda like not killing and running around with medkit is being condoned rather then trying to clear the way for your team.

5. Any plans on how to raise the player count for Interdiction? Personally I think if you guys implemented Double XP for an extended period of time people would play it and realize "Hey Interdiction is awesome, I think I will play it more!". Just a suggestion :smileyvery-happy: .

Message 7 of 30 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5678 posts

Jul 13, 2010
When can we see the new patch?

When can we see the clan battles?

When can we see the next DLC?
Message 8 of 30 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jul 13, 2010

1. When will Valor's F Pump ninja door be fixed? This is a question asked all the time but never mentioned at all in the podcast.

2. When can we expect fixes to the glitches added by 1.06? (increased freezes and neon pastel graphics glitches especially)

3. Are there plans to make the helicopters more durable? As they are they are practically useless at times. Can't really keep them up until pumps are completely taken and then you're only useful for reinforcements at the times you least need them. And it isn't exactly fun to stand still underneath it for 15 minutes with a repair kit!

4. Is it possible to get a vote to demote button to demote bad officers in matches without having to kick them? Maybe also have officers able to demote other officers. Perhaps a 3/4 vote from PL's to demote an OIC.

5. What are you planning to do to increase the interdiction numbers. i know you've fixed the displayed numbers but the mode needs a serious kick start to get rolling again. Considering we paid for it and that display glitch was, at least in part, to blame for lower numbers, i'd say there's a bit of an obligation there.

6. on the matter of interdiction, in hindisght do you think it was wise to have a double xp weekend just after launching a new mode that generally doesn't give high xp? i mean, during double xp, people want to make the most of it by playing high xp modes, leaving modes like interdiction much more sparse of players. that and the display glitch, inderdiction has yet to recover.

7. From listening to the podcast, it seems as though the MAG Live team are giving up on the Shadow War concept. Why is this? is it not improvable? some of us love it, and the contracts spure us on to play when we need to help our PMC.

Where ever they are, we take the enemy down
Message 9 of 30 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Jul 13, 2010

Uh yeah I bought the DLC but it was a waste of money considering it's impossible to get a game going, the rest of the DLC NEEDS to be free or it will be as bad if not worse of a failure as Interdiction

Message 10 of 30 (27 Views)
0 Likes