Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Re: ZIPLINE PODCAST, EPISODE 29 Q&A THREAD - KEVIN SCHMITT

Jan 25, 2011

Just a general question from me to Zipper on thoughts on where MAG may/may not go next now that we have reached the one year anniversary.

Does MAG (in its current form) still have development life left in it or have we pretty much reached the end of active development on it?

Thanks.

Message 21 of 24 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3114 posts

Jan 25, 2011

1: Will Zipper ever do a 256 player multiplayer game? I know you tried with MAG but ran into Mr Freeze.

2:  I heard Zipper developed some server technology that supports 256 players not lagging but unfortunately had to shut down all the MAG servers but a few just 2 months after release. Will Zipper ever really use this "technology"? as I know Lag is o-so-present ins MAG 

photo BHD-VILLDOC-NEWsm_zps81faf374.gif
Message 22 of 24 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Jan 26, 2011

1). If S4 is based off the MAG engine, can we expect the same server freezing?

2). (For Sony Rep). Being MAG was the first of its kind, how can you justify the LACK of good advertising for this game, which if you had properly done, could of outsold COD series games, and brought back FPS games from the cookie cutter type of COD

3). How does the overall online gameplay of S4 compare to MAG (as on same engine), or other 3PS like Rainbow Six Vegas?

Message 23 of 24 (483 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Jan 26, 2011

Question to Zipper- Why do you promote faction neutral Maps?

My reasoning for Question- I loved the idea of 3 factions but when you make everything Faction Neutral it takes away the games unique role for each faction.  I would prefer to see more maps instead of making mode neutral.  I would like to say that when I defend on a non-Raven map Iose interest.  When I attack a Raven Map I feel everything isnt right. 

Before I finish I would like to say I will not be playing MAG until the first due to the whole game becoming faction neutral for that time period.  If that is the future for the game I am dissapointed.

Find. Fix. Finish. We are NCM.
Message 24 of 24 (483 Views)
0 Likes