Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: Heads Up: MAG v2.10 Next Week

Dec 4, 2010

Dear Dunham,

Recently I have purchased the playstation move and navigator controller, which is a pretty big deal.

I also went one step further and purchased an Intec Quickshot Gun peripheral for attaching my Move controllers into,

So here is the thing and the thing is this. In a future update, would an option for button mapping ever become available?

Now i know that is one very crazy question, I agree it is too. but i find, with said peripheral, that if only the 2 triggers were switched around (the nav is located in the handle, therefore it would make sense that that particuar trigger is the one that fires your weapon)

well, fact of that matter is thats not the case. instead i have to shoot the trigger on the front of the entire thing. it is unbalanced, clunky and it makes my shooting inaccurate. on the guncon there is no proper place to put your right hand, and usually with sony related things, everything they make tends to fit my hands perfectly.

today i imagined up that if i played where the trigger is actually the trigger button, and the other front trigger could be remapped to reload (or something else possibly), just one very slight difference, an altercation in your game options, would mean all the world to me. i looked into other peripherals but for now i am stuck with this one.

it just seems to me that when i intended to play this game with a fake looking gun, i would want to successfully navigate the controls without having to awkwardly search for buttons when switching things up. 

If MAG is the ever-evolving war, can you not allow your community of players to adapt as these new technologies come along?

If you indeed have read this i thank you. If you consider it, gosh i am even more thankful. but if this becomes a viable, reasonable thing that can be included in your videogame without regretfully too much hassle, then that would keep my frustration levels with this playstation move. i have alot to learn with it and im still adjusting but sadly i can not make these progressions with the particular type of peripheral i bought. Blame Intec, but can Zipper fix its mistakes?

thank you for your supposed time, 

yours truly

Marasune

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 105 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Dec 5, 2010

are you kidding? sver is overpowered...hopefully zipper fixe sver domo map,for some odd reason when attacking G & H you cant call strikes near the letters,unless the AA is down on either side,never happens on valors or ravens map,please fix this....

and dude stop being a baby suppression is for noobs..... sabo is coming next in line after...

and sver shot gun is a darn sharpshooter its unbelieveable

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 105 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 5, 2010
Agree....and MAG never gonna die. evolution forever...I hope zipper have this clear.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 105 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 5, 2010

Shotguns needed nerfing, less range please.

And domo crashes need fixing.

Interested in this new game-queue too.

Balance, however,  seems fine to me now (finally).

P.S. MAG Forever!

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 105 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Dec 5, 2010

I agree with the button mapping for Move support.  Almost any periphial out there is going to be awkward for MAG.  Just because MAG's control layout is so different.  I also have a Move periphial.  I have the Icon Battle Rifle.  I love  it.  But, it is very difficult to use because of the button layout in MAG.  I do understand that button Mapping requires a lot of memory though. 

Also, I hope to see something better with the new patch.  I love Dom, but I am a Raven player and I can't get into a game because there is not enough Raven players on.  How do we or you fix that.  Everybody is jumping off of Raven and moving to SVER.  But I want to play Dom and not change from Raven.  I like Valor but I can't get my squad to go there for some reason.  And I am not going to SVER, because they are way to powerfull, and as for myself, I like a little bit of a challenge.  But I will admit, I am getting very pissed off whn i hit a guy 4-5 times and he runs up and knifes me and I die.  **bleep**!  Seriously?  That is not real at all.  COme on please fix the knifing?  In real life that guy would of been dead even if he was able to knife the other guy.  Nobody dies ibnstantly from a knife wound.  It is a very long and painful death.  And I won't even start on how easy I seem to die compared to my opponents.  6 shots in my oppenent and 2 in me and I die and he doesn't even seem to be phased......?  Anyways like I said I like a challenge but quit it already with the knifing, please?

All I can say is I Love MAG, and I don't want to  see it die.  I really hope you guys do something to bring it back.  You guys should add a couple more factions along with new maps, maybe a snow one, in a new DLC for 20 bucks or something.  Black Ops came out and I've seen numbers drop, which sucks, because COD is fake as hell.  Everything about the COD franchise sucks(except for zombies).

Sorry so long winded.  Ihope you read and like or dislike, it would just be nice too know what you guys are planning on for MAG.  Or when Socom comes out are just planning on MAG dieing>

Thank you.

MAffia-Thug (V~A) Vertitas Y' Auquitas/ Truth and Justice

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 105 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 6, 2010

Zipper, please take a look at the SVER players... they are OVERPOWERED!!! I dont know if they are using CHEATS or if have unbalanced skills players... but the fact is that SVER players are very, very, very better then others.

For example, in a battle against VALOR, I can easily get a death/kill ratio greater than 1.5 or 2.0... and win more than 50% of battles. Against SVER, I cant remember my last victory. I finish almost times with a death/kill ratio lower than 1.0... I shoot the players from behind and they have time to turn over and kill me. They dont die!!! Its very frustrating!!! Its common see one SVER player kill three or more other players with knife while having shoot... They dont die!!!

Please Zipper, do something to change this scenario.... make MAG fun again!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 105 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 6, 2010

Firstly I would like to say how great a game I think MAG is. I bought a PS3 a week ago baisically to play this game. I have a Xbox but since I came from a PC background I have missed the numbers. I mean about 4 or 5 years ago I was playing 150 people game with Novalodgics Joint ops, since then games just got smaller and smaller. Most developers are trying to get out of server costs by making you act as one. So Kudos to Zipper for making a game with such large numbers yet still manages to create a good sense of team work. They can be forgiven for the crashes, I have had it happen a couple of times, but since they are setting a new presetent, problems (I feel anyway) are acceptable.

Anyway on with the update stuff

I agree with the button mapping for the Move controlers. I havnt purchased the move yet, but the main reason I wanted it was to play a first person shooter with a rifle. I was playing around programming a wii mote on my PC but it was just taking too much of my time to set it up and the mote isnt really accurate enough. Im in the UK and we cant get the battle rifle yet so was waiting for that release and I was going to buy it all together. Im disappointed to hear the trigger is the wrong way around. Don't think I'll waste my cash if it doesn't work like it should. 

As a small change I would like to see the windows taken out of the jeeps so a well placed shot could take out a gunner as if you don't have a rocket launcher there isn't much you can do to those that camp in the jeeps.

As an extra game mode I would love to see one were both teams of 128 were faced off along a battle front type scenario. Maybe with some taller building set at the backs and some more smaller buildings through the center of the map. Maybe have three points of interest through the center. Just an idea, I would pay for it anyway.

Thanks zipper keep up the good work

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 105 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Dec 6, 2010
Seriously? I don't agree with PROdAFLYy at all sver is probably the weakest team... Zipper please don't downgrade more of Svers stuff if anything raven should be first... Raven has so many little perks its crazy, they get built it foregrips, built in red dots, their heavy armor is comparable to tank armor and their knife kills in one hit (most of the time)... Svers already been altered enough u put handicap access on our maps (thoughs ramps that let you park your APC right next to our AA, and BUNKERS, and a bunch of walls were put up to make it easier for you to blow all our assets up... Sver is not the most powerful team they just use teamwork more... When raven uses teamwork they dominate (but they don't use teamwork very much) and valor is pretty well balanced I think (even if they all use machine guns like usual) all I'm trying to say is maybe you should spend a little more time with sver before you accuse them of being overpowered... I've been on all three factions several times just checking out what their benefits are and I'd say raven is by far the most overpowered.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 105 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 6, 2010

Hi Maffia-Thug, I'm interesting in the Icon Battle Rifle...as well as many others I think. Can you please be more specific about why is very difficult to use this peripheral??, maybe another threat...and please Zipper Devs...can you please do something about it?? maybe a full-setup-user-customize move and navigator controller windown??? I want the move and the riffle for Christmas, but only want it to play MAG, cus I only play MAG. MAG FOREVER!!!

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 105 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 6, 2010

Agree with  xXSOCKBOYXx , Raven doesn't use teamwork, they don't communicate each other, and appears to they don't use the leadership habilities very well..My wife start MAG on Raven, but she leave cus she realize of this. The most of the time I play whit the same people in the same squad, and we have tactical and strategic very define, this is the key of the victory, and everybody on SVER know it. 

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 105 (292 Views)
0 Likes