First Son
5 posts

Re: Heads Up: MAG v2.10 Next Week

Dec 9, 2010
Great Idea!! It wouldn't be able to be a long time or anything though. Maybe a weekend or a day or 2.
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 105 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 9, 2010

First of all, if they did lock game modes they wouldnt force you to play DLC because not everyone has them. And second, think of ppl who actually want to play the game modes that barely have anyone joining! Your complaining about Domination and they can't even get into a match. I do agree the sabatoge is the best game mode, but i would really like to play other game modes with more people.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 105 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 9, 2010
Would be great to play interdiction again,,,, What happend? to interdiction???
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 105 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Patch Alert: MAG v2.10

Dec 9, 2010

This new patch is horrible! Don't get me wrong, when I first heard about the new multiqueue I thought it sounded like an awesome idea. Unfortunately, although it works well in theory, in actuality it really sucks. Multiqueue just puts you in whatever game type it can as fast as it can, which means you always end up playing the smaller battle game modes, like Suppression & Sabotage. The whole point of MAG was to allow us gamers to take part in large scale battles! I played for about 5 hours yesterday & the biggest match type I ever got into was Acquisition, & I played about 10 Suppression/Sabotage games before I got into that 1 Acquisition game. Frustrated, I tried to go directly into a Domination game, which is by far the best game mode in MAG, as well as the game mode that provides you with the best opportunities to rack up experience points, often garnering over 4 times the amount of experience of the other game modes. I sat in the queue for over twelve minutes before I finally got so frustrated I turned the game off. This problem needs to be fixed immediately! MAG is truly a great game, but I feel that every update to date has ruined the game more & more. The only exception to this was the update that changed the skill trees and introduced purchasing equipment with in-game money. Another update that I was really looking forward to was the one that introduced Escalation mode. I couldn't wait to play three-way battles, as I was expecting something more along the lines of a three-way domination mode, with bases to take down, mortars firing left and right and bombing runs reigning terror down from above. Then I played the actual mode, and that was a huge disappointment. Nothing but a glorified three-way team death match with a very loose objective to concern yourself with. To make matters worse, the spawn points are incredibly far away from the objectives. So now you're wasting time running for what seems like forever to your objective. To make it even worse, by the time you're close to you're objective, there's a good chance the objective will have changed to one of the other locations, meaning now you need to run some where else! All you ever seem to do is run! If I wanted a game where all I did was run I would have bought Sonic the Hedgehog! If I wanted to play a game that focused on small-scale engagements, I would play Call of Duty! I wanted to play a game that allows me to participate in large-scale epic first-person shooters, which is why I bought MAG, but now I can't even do that! Please remedy this issue immediately! I'm all for new content, but it needs to be something that enhances the core game. I even have a few ideas on how to do that. One, how about adding some new vehicles? I'd like to see an actual tank, and it would be cool if the main cannon of this tank could actually damage enemy structures like bunkers or gates. An artillery tuck would be awesome, firing of a small, less devestating mortar barrage. Or a two person vehicle with new weapons, but it lets you move around the battlefield at great speeds? Also, more additional weapons could definitely help. I'd really like to see some more weapon slot two weapons, like better pistols & PDF weapons. There could be a version with more stopping power, as well as versions with larger magazines and versions with higher rates of fire. I think a really cool idea that would not only be awesome but also look awesome would be to introduce new, purchasable (with the in-game cp credits) would be new melee weapons. You'd still start with the default knife, but you could purchase a smaller blade for faster attacks, a war tomahawk for more power, and a sword for greater  reach. The weapons would also look different depending on the faction, which would be awesome! Take the sword, for example. The Raven sword would be an ornate European-styled sword, the Valor sword would be a machete, and the S.V.E.R. sword would be a scimitar. Think how cool that would look not only in game play, but even just looking at  your character loadout! Another change that I'd like to see would be a new way to customize your characters appearance. I'd like to recommend that this new system would be similar to the system used in the Armor Core series. First, you'd pick all your gear. Next, you'd select a particular piece of your gear, like your pants. Then under pants, you'd have three parts; main color, secondary color, and detail color. Then you'd choose one of those parts, and there would be a three-bar color scale; red, blue, green (I"D prefer yellow, since those are the three primary colors, from which all other colors are derived, but games always use red, blue & green for some reason), as well as a darkness/brightness bar, and by adjusting these bars you could pick any color/combination of colors! A small, simple update that makes a lot of sense would be an adjustment to the clan system; make it so that the officers in the clan, not just the clan leader, can issue clan invites. Obviously, you'd have to make it so not everyone in the clan can be an officer, so I would like to see new clans start with the leader to make three people officers, and then be able to make someone else an officer for every 10 people who join the clan, so a clan 44 members would have 1 leader, 7 officers and 36 regular troop members. Obviously, only the clan leader would be able to promote/demote players to officers, but  I think it's a simple change that would be highly satisfying. In short, there are a lot of cool ways to improve MAG, but these recent updates, particularly the new multiqueue, aren't the way to do it. Please fix MAG before it's to late and more people stop playing. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 105 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 9, 2010

This new patch is horrible! Don't get me wrong, when I first heard about the new multiqueue I thought it sounded like an awesome idea. Unfortunately, although it works well in theory, in actuality it really sucks. Multiqueue just puts you in whatever game type it can as fast as it can, which means you always end up playing the smaller battle game modes, like Suppression & Sabotage. The whole point of MAG was to allow us gamers to take part in large scale battles! I played for about 5 hours yesterday & the biggest match type I ever got into was Acquisition, & I played about 10 Suppression/Sabotage games before I got into that 1 Acquisition game. Frustrated, I tried to go directly into a Domination game, which is by far the best game mode in MAG, as well as the game mode that provides you with the best opportunities to rack up experience points, often garnering over 4 times the amount of experience of the other game modes. I sat in the queue for over twelve minutes before I finally got so frustrated I turned the game off. This problem needs to be fixed immediately! MAG is truly a great game, but I feel that every update to date has ruined the game more & more. The only exception to this was the update that changed the skill trees and introduced purchasing equipment with in-game money. Another update that I was really looking forward to was the one that introduced Escalation mode. I couldn't wait to play three-way battles, as I was expecting something more along the lines of a three-way domination mode, with bases to take down, mortars firing left and right and bombing runs reigning terror down from above. Then I played the actual mode, and that was a huge disappointment. Nothing but a glorified three-way team death match with a very loose objective to concern yourself with. To make matters worse, the spawn points are incredibly far away from the objectives. So now you're wasting time running for what seems like forever to your objective. To make it even worse, by the time you're close to you're objective, there's a good chance the objective will have changed to one of the other locations, meaning now you need to run some where else! All you ever seem to do is run! If I wanted a game where all I did was run I would have bought Sonic the Hedgehog! If I wanted to play a game that focused on small-scale engagements, I would play Call of Duty! I wanted to play a game that allows me to participate in large-scale epic first-person shooters, which is why I bought MAG, but now I can't even do that! Please remedy this issue immediately! I'm all for new content, but it needs to be something that enhances the core game. I even have a few ideas on how to do that. One, how about adding some new vehicles? I'd like to see an actual tank, and it would be cool if the main cannon of this tank could actually damage enemy structures like bunkers or gates. An artillery tuck would be awesome, firing of a small, less devestating mortar barrage. Or a two person vehicle with new weapons, but it lets you move around the battlefield at great speeds? Also, more additional weapons could definitely help. I'd really like to see some more weapon slot two weapons, like better pistols & PDF weapons. There could be a version with more stopping power, as well as versions with larger magazines and versions with higher rates of fire. I think a really cool idea that would not only be awesome but also look awesome would be to introduce new, purchasable (with the in-game cp credits) would be new melee weapons. You'd still start with the default knife, but you could purchase a smaller blade for faster attacks, a war tomahawk for more power, and a sword for greater reach. The weapons would also look different depending on the faction, which would be awesome! Take the sword, for example. The Raven sword would be an ornate European-styled sword, the Valor sword would be a machete, and the S.V.E.R. sword would be a scimitar. Think how cool that would look not only in game play, but even just looking at your character loadout! Another change that I'd like to see would be a new way to customize your characters appearance. I'd like to recommend that this new system would be similar to the system used in the Armor Core series. First, you'd pick all your gear. Next, you'd select a particular piece of your gear, like your pants. Then under pants, you'd have three parts; main color, secondary color, and detail color. Then you'd choose one of those parts, and there would be a three-bar color scale; red, blue, green (I"D prefer yellow, since those are the three primary colors, from which all other colors are derived, but games always use red, blue & green for some reason), as well as a darkness/brightness bar, and by adjusting these bars you could pick any color/combination of colors! A small, simple update that makes a lot of sense would be an adjustment to the clan system; make it so that the officers in the clan, not just the clan leader, can issue clan invites. Obviously, you'd have to make it so not everyone in the clan can be an officer, so I would like to see new clans start with the leader to make three people officers, and then be able to make someone else an officer for every 10 people who join the clan, so a clan 44 members would have 1 leader, 7 officers and 36 regular troop members. Obviously, only the clan leader would be able to promote/demote players to officers, but I think it's a simple change that would be highly satisfying. In short, there are a lot of cool ways to improve MAG, but these recent updates, particularly the new multiqueue, aren't the way to do it. Please fix MAG before it's to late and more people stop playing. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 105 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 9, 2010

Sorry for the double post, I'm new to blogging.

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 105 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 9, 2010

another knife upgrade/fix awsome thats just what it needed. as if it wasnt overkill already, great job zipper

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 105 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Dec 10, 2010

Awesome job Zipper. Every time an update is released the game seems to, in an undefined way, become incredibly worse. I'm sitting in Sabotage right now with Raven at 50/32, SVER at 131/32 and Valor at 43/32. The update is suppose to decrease wait times and get people into games faster? Lol, way to fail at that one...

Possibly fix this?

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 105 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 10, 2010
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 105 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Dec 10, 2010

i like this but theres a problem im seeing as game queue's get full in all 3 pmc's we are not having a game launch for a few minutes and im not talking about just the 32, 64, 128 in a game queue i mean more and a mode is not launching...this was the first time ive seen it today

Currently undergoing STB tryouts

sig.png

stbpureisfatal.webs.com
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 105 (293 Views)
0 Likes