Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
27 posts

Re: Patch Alert: MAG v1.03

Feb 26, 2010

I have a very frustrating complaint.  I know that MAG is for everyone, and it is hard to try and exclude people.  Especially when there are dollars or euros involved.  But people with no mics, or don't speak the same language is absolutely obserd.  This has ruined countless games because either a noobie with no mic, or a an asian that can't talk to me, or even a european person that doesn't want to get on the same page.  This game is about team work....Period!  You cannot win without it!  Is there a way we can ban no mics, or seperate english from other languages.  You also get booted if you don't speak **bleep**, Spanish, Italian, etc.

Also I have 26 people in my clan and we can only play 8, is there a way that if more than 8 are on that we can daisy chain or groups to the same game instead of going our seperate ways.

The Mics, The language barrier, and the groups of 8 issue is my only concern.  Other than that, I am very pleased with the game itself.  People are being tick tacky, but it blows MW2 out of the water.  And it makes me wish you would go slap slant 6 around for that crap socom game they ruined.  I MISS CONVOY!!!

Thanks again for a good game!

Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 140 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 26, 2010
I cannot deploy my Bipod for the Rollins or L96AW when prone, the action que only popsup as I go from prone to kneeling and it doesn't allow me access it =(
Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 140 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Feb 26, 2010

Valor can still repair doors from upstairs in DOMination by the way , . .

Now when i deploy the knife i dont get the animation for it . 

Unlimited sprint is still here . 

And since like forever my stat for 120m kills says 0 why doesnt this update ? 

*"Come at me bro"*
Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 140 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Feb 26, 2010
Zipper just wanted to say great job n the patch! great job on the game! keep up the good work! only concern is same as TNT_vader why only 8clan members hook it up where we can have our whole clan in that piece please other then that keep putting slant six on chopping board they **bleep**ed your baby up!!! CONVOY FOR LIFE!
Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 140 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 26, 2010

The most important patch, IMO, was left out..

There should be a higher limit than 3400 on the loadouts, or better yet none at all. If there's already a limit on what I can carry (number of slots), why should I be limited further by their cost? I feel players should be able to carry top-shelf items in each slot. (e.g. best assault rifle with all attachments allowed, best PDW with all attachments, medical kit, repair kit, rocket launcher, and heavy armor)

I just absolutely hate either running around with empty slots or having to make concessions on other items to fill them. If we can't use them for whatever reason, then take them out. Just let us fill what we have with what we like, that's all.

Further, in the worst case scenario that this issue is not addressed, at least let players know what it will cost them to carry an item that they are considering spending their skill points on.

Please use plain text.
Message 105 of 140 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 26, 2010
I almost forgot to mention it.. I was absolutely horrified to see people using the old "snake" glitch from socom. (Prone players moving around as fast as if they were sprinting but still in the prone position). It makes me believe some of this game is recycled from the old socom games... what's next people hovering around in the air or killing others from inside solid objects? I'm really skeptical about what this game is going to look/play like in a few months time or even a few weeks for that matter.
Please use plain text.
Message 106 of 140 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 27, 2010
Oh hellz yeah!! Fough against SVER and some of the Gates Fell I couldnt believe it!!!!!! Did the dance of joy that night I swear I did.
Please use plain text.
Message 107 of 140 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 27, 2010

Wow in one patch you fixed almost every issue I had with the game. Keep up the great work guys.

Please use plain text.
Message 108 of 140 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 27, 2010

"I have a very frustrating complaint.  I know that MAG is for everyone, and it is hard to try and exclude people.  Especially when there are dollars or euros involved.  But people with no mics, or don't speak the same language is absolutely obserd."

I think your thought of the matter being obserd is completely juvenile.  Because someone doesn't own a mic or speak English they should be excluded?  Grow up man.  You are being stupid.

Message Edited by guitargodgt1983 on 02-27-2010 01:48 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 109 of 140 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Feb 27, 2010

After playing MAG with the v1.03 patch, I've come to realize that, although what has been changed is to be commended, it is otherwise completely unbalanced. For starters, Valor's and Raven's armament, specifically the Tier one Machine guns and the like, have been changed to reflect impossible marksmanship.

For example, Valor's MK46 Mod0 and MK43 Mod1, in addtion to Raven's APEX 100 and KP5 MG, equipped with all the trimmings (Reflex Sight and Fore Grip), tend to be impossibly accurate for a heavy machine gun. While in precision mode (L1 button), I have emptied an entire magazine into the exact same spot with virtually no recoil using Valor or Raven LMGs, compared to S.V.E.R's RTK-74 (supposedly the RPK-74 but possibly a typo by Zipper) or PKP MG with the exact same trimmings (Reflex Sight and Fore Grip), which tends to drift far upward whilst firing in precision mode (L1 button) since the implementation of the patch than before.

Also, the equipment weight of certain items, especially accessories for weapons (Reflex Sight, Fore Grip, Bi-Pod) seems to be excessively high to contribute to such a dampering factor on weight versus what gear is worn. Understandablly, Steel-Reinforced Armor should weigh more when compared to mesh fabric, but why the need to sacrifice gear for the sake of armament? As a former military infantry man, I can assure you that it is possible to carry more equipment with standardize armor (Ballistic Vest, Kevlar, Helmet, and Grunt pack), than what is being portrayed in this game. For example, the ability to carry grenades with a fully accessorized M4A1 (x4.0 Scope Sight including the M203 or Grenade launcher as you call it) is very possible in the real world without being over-encumbered.

In further addition, let us talk about magazine capacity. If Zipper Interactive is trying to make this game look and feel authentic as possible, which I'm sure they are, then why do certain weapons have lower magazine capacity when compared to other weapons across the other PMCs, and compared to the real-life version of the weapon itself?

For example, the AK-103 in real life has a 30-round detachable box magazine loaded with 7.62x39mm cartridges, which as far as capacity goes, Zipper has indeed reflected upon. However, the AK-74U in real life is outfitted with a 45-round detachable box magazine loaded with 5.45X39mm cartridges, but Zipper has decided to make both the AK-74U and the AK-103 equal as far as capacity goes (both hold 30-round magazines), and the AK-74U does more damage than the AK-103, despite the 74U's smaller bullet size. Why upgrade to a weapon that holds the same amount of rounds and does less damage if you get a stronger weapon with the exact same ammo capacity to begin with? For the M203 attachment? Not likely...

Also, both Raven and Valor's Tier 1 LMGs come with a higher ammo capacity per magazine than S.V.E.Rs Tier 1 LMG minus the RTK-74 a.k.a RPK-74, which can indeed be equipped with a 75-round drum magazine in real-life. But the PKP MG holds only 100 rounds per magazine, even though in real life it can be outfitted with belt-fed 100/200/250-round box magazines.This, of course, is considered under the assumption that the APEX-100 was derived from the Ultimax 100 Mk.3 machine gun, and the MK46 Mod0 is derived from the M249 LMG, which compared to the weapon design in the game, look to be similar, and which by the way, are alternative names for these weapons (The Mk 46 Mod 0 Light Machine Gun is a variant of the M249, which indeed is fed by 100-round FN-Minimi boxes holding M27 Link belts).

Based on this information, it can clearly be seen that some of the weapons are unbalanced, especially when considering the accuracy of Valors and Ravens LMGs in-game to be very unrealistic when compared to their real-life models, and in comparison to S.V.E.Rs LMGs, both Tier 1 and Tier 2.

Thus, in conclusion, albeit I give an 'A' for effort, there is clearly more to be done with this game as far as patches go, especially when trying to make the game more enjoyable for all factions.

Key facts to consider should a programmer read this:

1. Valor and Raven's success rate has significantly increased since the v1.03 patch (should raise an eyebrow there)

2. Less S.V.E.R players online

3. Less variety of troop types (given the fact that certain weapon accessories and gear is limited by an excessive weight value)

4. Excessive forum posts that the game is unbalanced (Like this one here)

5. Overall players online

6. MAG replay value should MAG not be improved upon for all factions

Those of you who read this, whether you're with Valor, Raven, or S.V.E.R, should know this out right. I have played MAG during it's Open Beta testing in January and have sampled all factions during that time. I chose Valor during Beta testing, but since most of my friends went to S.V.E.R, I joined them. I am aware that since the release of MAG on 1/26 in North America, S.V.E.R, Valor, as well as Raven, have been screaming across the forums that S.V.E.R is over-powered, or that Raven is over-armored, or that Valor's Maps are to easily accessable or too hard to defend. But one thing can be said for sure since the release of this new patch:

S.V.E.R is no-longer over-powered when compared to the modifications made to Valor and Raven's weapons. 

There is more wrong with the balance of the game since the v1.03 patch, but I've written enough for now.

Thank you, Zipper, for making a potentially great game. Keep up the good work.
Please use plain text.
Message 110 of 140 (43 Views)
0 Likes