First Son
30 posts

Re: MAG 2.0 Patch Notes

Oct 2, 2010

New 2.0 is a joke.Thanks for ruining a great game.I have veted 5 times now with Raven,I play all modes except interdiction because nobody does.Now I lose 8 out of 10 games instead of about 50-75% wins.My weapons are useless from knife to rifle nothing works like it did.I used to average 25-35 kills 10-15 deaths on sabotage.Now I'm lucky to break even game after game.Zipper please go back to when this game launched, skill tree is totally lame,you ruined it no wonder this game is losing players every day.Now every one will go back to SEVR .You might as well not care about your squad and sit back and snipe so you don't just die after unloading an entire clip into the head of an opponent and he turns around and puts one bullet in you.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 121 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 2, 2010

i agree with ppl like DWM929  2.0 patch really ruined the game a game i thought was the best online fps ever but now it is just well ruined gone are the days where you could go 80 something and 14 in sabo now you have to really try to grim and usually are just trying to keep positive kdr i play with the the better players in the game and everything we would do you cant do now  rushing a squad of guys and shooting and knifing them all out no more taking objective by yourself the days of ppl dominating are over no knife no reason not to wear heavy armor like a newb guns to powerful and less recoil so ppl that couldn't shoot can now get some kills from what i've seen its just lmg shotgun sniper newb frenzy all the good players the ones that were actually aggressive and learned to play great are going to hate this patch ive heard many already say they are done with mag i'm close to it but instead of coddling these little newb ****** ask what the good players want it wouldn't be increase heavy armor speed decrease light armor speed i mean REALLY??? i'm just really PO'd that a game i really really liked is now just going to be like many others camping sniping spray and pray crap this IS NOT THE GAME I BOUGHT what are you doing zipper????????

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 121 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Oct 2, 2010

its not good dc all the time and still people cheating, floating on top of buildings

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 121 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 2, 2010

Great update, im having terrible lagging and server drops me alot, also game freezing, nvr had thus b4 this patch

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 121 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Oct 2, 2010

Updated yesterday once I got home and played the game. I had already played the beta. The game really feels good I have to say. I think graphics have been upped a little. Looks like they are a little improved. 

The new skill tree is really good. It allows every person to spec the character the way they want. You can choose to be a hardcore sniper or an average sniper and an average assaulter. Before it used to be the one or the other. So it allows you more freedom in what your character is capable of and you're not restricted to one class anymore. So that is FANTASTIC!!!

The economy system makes the game hard I think. If you start half way, like at level 40, then there is o problem. You can instantly buy most of the weapons and attachments and get rocking. I think however, that people that start off at level 1 will have a hard time getting the weapons they like and the attachments they like. But than again, this was also the case in the old speccing system, you could only get the better weapons when you were at a decent level. So nothing really changed here. I think this is also a BIG IMPROVEMENT since you can now buy all the weapons you want regardless of what class your character is specced as.

Finally, I was also happy to see that Interdiction was finally playable yesterday. Although I still think that the 150% XP won't pull people towards Interdiction for too long, since they will have hit level 70 and XPs won't really matter anymore. But for now it is an improvement. I was able to play Interdiction after weeks. 

I still think that Zipper should offer Interdiction as a free DLC now (may be for just a limited time), because nobody will buy it anymore. So they won't lose money on it but will increase player count. 

To conclude, I think the update is great, and most people like it as well. Some don't but than again, you cannot have everyone happy all the time and some people are just resistant to change and will dislike that. But overall I think the new patch is appreciated by most people. Keep up the good work Zipper. 

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 121 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: MAG 2.0 Patch Notes HATE/LOVE (HATE it MORE than love now)

Oct 2, 2010

I have to agree This patch ruined the game for me as a sniper. I am only a level 28 but I had everything I needed to be an effective killer. I am still a noob in many ways and only got about 10 to 25 kills a game but I had fun. Now I cant even play the game. I had been using a gamefly rental and was testing the game for a week but really wanted to buy it until this patch came out. Now I will be returning the disk to gamefly:smileysad: I will keep track of the forum and if I hear Zipper has fixed the issue I will consider renting it again and seeing if the fix makes it worth buying.

I loved this game and had been telling everyone how great it is. They may be able to pick it up and enjoy it if they didnt know the old game play but for me to loss all my respec points my guns and gear and have to wast points in the new skill tree just to get half as good as I used to be realy blows. Respec points are needed now more than ever as people are getting used to a new skill set up. I know I sound like im just whining and its silly for me to get on and tell Zipper how disapointed I am but I feel like I need to file a report for my stollen guns.

I may give my rental a few more days and see if I can get over my enitial shock of being raped by the game developers but I doubt it will help.:mansad:

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 121 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 2, 2010
fix the freezing issue!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 121 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 2, 2010

yea i love the new 2.0 and i cant wait untill the new game mode ether

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 121 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 2, 2010

Love the update! Just one problem. The game freeze a lot. Ounce on happy hour. That's not good.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 121 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 2, 2010

Freezing is pretty much the only issue left in MAG. Otherwise everything is juuuuuust fine. No more bunny-hopping (go play Halo), no more knife-spamming (go play Modern Warfare 2) and yes: engineer apparatus can now do damage (don't go and play Bad Company 2).

Fix the freezing issue and I declare that MAG is the best online shooter out there.

www.konsolifin.net
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 121 (305 Views)
0 Likes