First Son
3 posts

Re: MAG 2.0 Patch Notes

Oct 7, 2010

Since my last post on the 3rd i was hoping to have the freeze issues resolved, thank God i did not hold my breath or i would be dead rite now. Im tired of wasting my time on this game, it had potential now not so much . Zipper your are lucky to have such retarded loyalists im through, im trading this game for store credit as soon as Medal of Honor comes out i suggest all who are feeling the same way follow in my footsteps otherwise stay stuck in this cycle of crap patches and false promises.

Message 90 of 121 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Oct 7, 2010

awhhh no!!!!!!!!!!! ZIPPER REMOVED THE FLOATING/ SPOONing glitch D: *   And you removed the floating off the map in the helicopter glitch. They were my favourite ones too! :smileysurprised: naaawww. I suppose its stops cheats, who take advantage of these

*Note I got a kill once from very high up with a grenade. And i really wander why that guy must have thought when he saw me do it .... :L

Randomtei/Anti-Valentine/Cassini- Photobucket
Message 91 of 121 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Oct 7, 2010

I'm really enjoying the new patch...when I am able to play it and not spending time restarting my PS3 because it froze....again!  Seriously, don't you guys test for this stuff?  If I have to buy a new PS3 because I have to literally turn the switch in the back off in order to restart it, I’m sending you the F'n bill.  This is retarded.  Why does this happen? Can't your programmers put it through its passes.  If it takes another 2-3 months until you can release it, do it.  Hold up the release date until you properly address all issues so you don't have to always do new patches.  Damn it.  This sucks.  Hurry up and fix it.  Next time wait, take your time, and do it once...the right way

Message 92 of 121 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 8, 2010

Is level 70 the new vetting level or something? Please dont say yes -.-

Message 93 of 121 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 8, 2010

RE: SOLUTION - Zipper please read and players agreements would be helpful

Dear Zipper:

Please note that we understand that you would like to obtain new players by the 2.0 update and mag going to greatest hits, however new players who buy this game since both started at the same time will not stay with this game if these freezing doesnt stop. I however have an idea that I and I'm sure that a lot of mag players new and old would like for you to consider. When you have fixed the freezing problems I belive that more players would probably stay with the game if you would put all game veriations on 200% to make up for all the lost exp points that everyone has lost. I am not tryining to have you do this for personal reasons, I am level 70 and I'm not planning on going veteran mode after this point. I am simply just trying to find new ways to have more people come in and stay in the game so that we have more fun. If you have new players coming in they don't want to be a low lvl because of the fact that all the players that stick to this game are the ones that are alreaedy high lvl players. If you give them an incentive to stay with the game then there would be a better possibility of them staying and mag getting more players, I would hate to loose players to the new games coming out within the next few months. I truly love this game and I don't want it to go downhill. Please consider this request, and thank you for all you have done for mag it truly is a great game. I'm sure that everyone who reads this would agree. If you do consider doing this please note that you would probably have to post it where new and old players would see them so that everyone is aware, like the news board when you sign in or the front page of the website.

PS: on a more personal note, do you mind if you make the knife have just a little further reach, doesn't have to be insanely far just maybe an extra halfa foot reach. If not, it was worth a try.

Sincerely,

SackOfWine08

Message 94 of 121 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Oct 8, 2010
please do somthing about the freezes . 5 freeses in 15 min . you guys destroying my ps3!!!
Message 95 of 121 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 9, 2010

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that the MVPs they earn are not being recorded in their stats?

Message 96 of 121 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 9, 2010

Dear Zipper & all it;s followers

I am very disappointed to see that know one has even touched upon the problems that I have stated with the game, I am starting to think that Zipper does not even care about what there loyal customers think, they  would rather just dazzle us with pretty things such as the play station move, personally I study games development & dysine and I think the way MAG is now it is one of the most pardon my language but **bleep** online first person shooter out at this present time, I personaly hate games such as modern warfare 2 because they are all the same type of mind numbingly boring game but right now I would rather play them then play a unfair, long winded, marketing, online **bleep** up such as MAG has become, I brought this game the day it came out just because I thought maybe it would be a step forward in the first person shooter market, for a wile it was but sadly my hopes and dreams were broken and now it seems that maybe I will have to give up playing MAG, well maybe I will pick up counter strike source again as valve know how not to **bleep** up a game at least.

It was good wile it lasted

yours truly Motoko Hammond x        

Message 97 of 121 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 10, 2010

As i was playing MAG Last night it froze on the first game i tried to play so i turned My PS3 off well when i turned it on this morning My PS3 Would not read any of the games or movies.. The PS3 was working fine until the freeze happen need to know what to do to fix it!

Message 98 of 121 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 10, 2010

Hey guys, just wanted to say that I think the 2.0 patch isn't bad. It's different, sure, and Raven is getting their ass kicked badly (I started Raven, vetted to Valor, and worked as hard as I could get back to Raven as quickly as I could), but I have faith that we'll adapt. I'm already seeing some good adaptation.

I like the idea of having a female avatar available. I would find that interesting.

I like that the skill tree and the equipment are now separate. Definitely much better. I'd reduce/lower the level requirements on most of the equipment so that people can get the basics faster.

The new skill tree is a bit of a grind if you've vetted, but I think the new players will definitely appreciate the sense of accomplishment. I also like many of the new abilities introduced. I think it's still well-balanced; even going up to level 70 (which, by the way, will take forever - and clearly that's deliberate, and I think it's good) won't "get me everything." Choices need to be made, people need to pick and choose. This is good.

In short, keep it up. To my knowledge no other franchise has put so much effort into improving and evolving a game, and I suspect that most of the people who're complaining about the changes just don't realize that in the long-term, even if they dislike a change introduced in patchlevel x.y (though frankly I think people are just complaining about things being better-balanced), the game will rock so hard it's not funny in a year or two. Maybe sooner given how fast you guys move.

Requests:

1. grenades are almost useless, certainly not worth the loadout tradeoffs that need to be made - make them stronger!

2. Helicopters are still pretty bad. I'm frequently squad leader (have done OIC/platoon leader a few times too), and when I'm attacking it's very frustrating. More telling though, is when I'm defending one of the Raven maps where holding the anti-aircraft artillery is hard. I usually (strongly) order my guys to ignore the AAA since it's trivially easy to take out the helicopters as they come in. There's no need to throw guys into the meatgrinder that is the AAA on those boats. You could make them stronger, I suppose, but I think it would be better to give them more cover. Maybe make them immune to turret rockets. I thought about suggesting that they be drivable like the APCs, but I'm sure you've considered that (and the cost involved in doing the work to make that happen and what would need to be sacrificed for it), but I don't think it would be the solution. They're still going to get swatted down pretty quick unless they're parked very far away from the objective, which means that APC squads are still better off at the start and at the middle of a game. I'm not sure how to balance this one, if it can be balanced at all. Maybe moveable, can take more damage, and with a lot more firepower, gunship-style? So that when a helicopter approaches a letter all hell breaks loose? (4 minigun turrets with rockets or grenade launcher?) Enough turrents for 4 guys plus the driver? I can imagine parking one between two sets of letters and just laying down hell.

3. The freezes and disconnects are definitely a pain, get those sorted out please.

Message 99 of 121 (283 Views)
0 Likes