First Son
19 posts

Re: MAG 2.0 Patch Notes

Oct 2, 2010

First thank you for the update. I love the new supply depot. And the way that you have laid out the skill tree is much nicer. However , I have had a problem with connection issues. Not only me but everyone in my clan has had the same issue. I will play in domination for 29 min and then I get froze up. It has happened more since this new patch. I have rebooted my modem and reinstalled my router thinking that this is what was causing the issue. However it has not helped . I have to figure what is happening it a server side issue.  I enjoy playing MAG. I want to keep playing it. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 121 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 3, 2010

Sorry for my first post in this forum, but I need to say it:

EPIC FAIL!!

I played since the open beta, I did the preorder of my Collector´s Edition (which came out with some extras, like the armors... where the hell are they now??? But this is a minor concern).

Things I hate in this MAG 2.0:

No clan chat, lag, disconections problems (no, its not my connection, problems come out the day I intalled the new 2.0), weapons (the shootguns must be shootguns and they seem to be a acid-spit-largedistance-launchers.... heavy machines....), the knife.... come on!! I like the reload velocity but now I only see guys breaking dance around themselves... it´s ridiculous!! Don´t forget the clan chat!! The speed of the tanks.... the bank points... WTH GUYS!!! 5000 points to respec I can understand, but this has no name.... the clan chat and the lag!!!!

Really, I will give you (Zipper) the last chance, make a good 2.1 or I´ll sell the game (yeah, in second hand market, you like it? and I will make some cash to spend in LFD4 or some from other companies that can carriage my taste of good games) You re-started fine... but you are digging your own grave (will see the numbers of your next socom) I tell you, the good companies or the good games wins because behind them are pleased consumer.

By the way, the new maps in beta.... they really s*ck!! I hope you dont think to make money with them (just watch the players in interdiction)....

And sorry for my english, but i think you got the point.

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 121 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 3, 2010

I find it amusing how developers always listen to those who whine and complain the most even though they are the ones playing 1-2 hours a day or less and not the people who spend their entire weekend, if not every chance they get. Yes there are a lot less people who play that dedicatedly. HOWEVER, people like myself who get up early on Saturday mornings just to start playing and don't stop until their eyes won't stay open, go ignored and are never asked what should be changed.

The reason why you lose most of the time is because of the clan deployment option. Yes its grand, yes it's awesome but wow, they simply DESTROY whoever they go up against when it's merely a mix of people. I'm on Sver and a lot of teams from Raven and Valor are now simply taking over the points on Sabotage but not capping until the last 10-30 seconds and then spawn camp like hell (which is VERY EASILY done now) to maximize their points. At least match the clan deployments up to even out the game... that could be done server side, no need for an update.

No one likes dying over and over and over and over and over and over, that's usually what makes people leave games and simply stop playing them. Perfect example of this is Halo 3 multiplayer. Go ahead, ask people who own a 360 and halo 3 how often they still play it. Granted Reach just came out but the problems have not been addressed and Reach's mp will fail faster than H3 simply because they are tired of dying.

Back onto the point, everyone is still rapid assault (assault rifle) as they can essentially snipe with the gun now, direct action as they can reduce the recoil to zero and sniper because they can sit back and camp with the BOUGHT 50 cal instead of having to wait a long time and spend 5 precious skill points to get it and the result is that everyone has the ability to one-shot-kill as well as instant bleed-out everyone and everything now. Everyone else usually goes shotgun because that's where the knifing is located, see a common trend hmm?

I've switched over to the 50 cal and pulled 40 kills just by running around, nailing people while standing. I don't even have to worry or bother aiming for their head anymore as it's simply not worth getting the headshot instant bleed out when a body or leg shot does the same and is A LOT easier to aim for.

Don't make a game that is easy to play for the whiners, just ban them. Make a game that will be played for YEARS, not months, weeks or merely days. Regardless of the player, they LOVE challenge otherwise they wouldn't get bored of it not being challenging and this isn't challenging anymore.

Apologies for the rant and I doubt Zipper reads these or even plays their own game very much, if at all so it is kind of a moot point but by some small, insignificant chance...

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 121 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 3, 2010
Nice update need to organized the froze ups issues
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 121 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 3, 2010

Great Update but..

You reallllllyyyyy wrecked the game with that credit point thing...

I had a level 50 S.V.E.R account but i wanted to try raven so i switched over then u update to credit points now im gettin like 50CP in 20mins?

Its stupid it takes me a day to get a res kit let alone a motion dectoctor or something worth 14 000

Since im lvl 2 and i cant afford anything good im struggling to even get xp! make it easier to get CP or forget the while idea... Its bs

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 121 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 3, 2010

hey man what the hell y is it still freezing up even more than it used to huh tell me that i thought u guys were supposed to fix that

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 121 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Oct 3, 2010

martylazar wrote:
fix the freezing issue!!!
Yeah, have been having some freezing issues, but they were there already after the last patch. Had the game freeze on me yesterday two times and had to restart the console. Happens quite randomly to be honest. 

Vakaloura wrote:

Sorry for my first post in this forum, but I need to say it:

EPIC FAIL!!

I played since the open beta, I did the preorder of my Collector´s Edition (which came out with some extras, like the armors... where the hell are they now??? But this is a minor concern).

Things I hate in this MAG 2.0:

No clan chat, lag, disconections problems (no, its not my connection, problems come out the day I intalled the new 2.0), weapons (the shootguns must be shootguns and they seem to be a acid-spit-largedistance-launchers.... heavy machines....), the knife.... come on!! I like the reload velocity but now I only see guys breaking dance around themselves... it´s ridiculous!! Don´t forget the clan chat!! The speed of the tanks.... the bank points... WTH GUYS!!! 5000 points to respec I can understand, but this has no name.... the clan chat and the lag!!!!

Really, I will give you (Zipper) the last chance, make a good 2.1 or I´ll sell the game (yeah, in second hand market, you like it? and I will make some cash to spend in LFD4 or some from other companies that can carriage my taste of good games) You re-started fine... but you are digging your own grave (will see the numbers of your next socom) I tell you, the good companies or the good games wins because behind them are pleased consumer.

By the way, the new maps in beta.... they really s*ck!! I hope you dont think to make money with them (just watch the players in interdiction)....

And sorry for my english, but i think you got the point.

I think you will never be happy, because you want the game exactly to your taste. And that will maybe make a lot of other people unhappy. I agree that Escalation sucks. But the rest I think is no reason to sell the game. You bought the game without clan chat. So why are you being so upset about it? You knew that beforehand. Every improvement from Zipper now is a bonus, so just accept it.

With lag I have some problems too, but I tend to believe that that is the problem with the PS3 because of  its limited hardware and a lot of characters and rendering needed on-screen. I think I have never really had lag problems due to internet connection. It is more the restricted hardware of the PS3 which is reaching its limits with so many characters and so much geometry to render. 

I think the bank points are just fine, by the time you reach level 70 with a sniper, you will have enough spec point to respec to assault or whatever. The game is not made in a way that you can spec every other day.

The vehicles I never really drive, but the times I have they feel to0 light, they steer too easily and don't feel realistic at all, the speed although I think is just fine. 

So for me there are only three small problems left:

1) Random freezing/crash

2) Random kicks from your squad as a squad leader (**bleep**?!?)

3) Squads doing stuff randomly without listening to you or FRAGO's

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 121 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: MAG 2.0 Patch Notes was

Oct 3, 2010

I was happy with the (first) open beta... and the newer update the more s*it

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 121 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 3, 2010

Zipper, you guys really need to fix the freezing/crashing issue.  I've logged three times in a row this morning of the game completely crashing my PS3.  Heck, can you guys just release a patch where the game actually crashes gracefully and doesn't take the entire system down with it?  The problem has become more frequent in the days after the release of the 2.0 update.  I'd really like to just enjoy the game, but when the game continually crashes after I put 20 minutes into a Domination round, it becomes really frustrating and makes me just not want to play the game anymore.  </rant>

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 121 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 3, 2010

I'm experiencing problems with the 2.0 update installation. It jams at 42%, redownloaded and retryed at least 6 times, still jams at the same place. Left it at 42% last night before going to bed and didn't work any better.I am now reformating ( 6 hours plus) hoping it will give better results than the quick format that didn't change nothin. Am I the only one havin problems?  What should I do? I wan't to play so bad...

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 121 (293 Views)
0 Likes