Fender Bender
4131 posts

Re: MAG on Facebook

Dec 9, 2010
..or, obviously, you could just ignore it, until there's not enough players to start a domination match.

And then ignore it some more.
Message 21 of 30 (627 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 9, 2010

The new download v2.10 sucks I can not get in a game of domination, domination is the only reason I got the game and I can not get in the game. What I am saying is that the new multiqueue is not the greatest I was sitting in a Domination queue for over an hour.

(KC!)mrsdondipp S.V.E.R

Message 22 of 30 (627 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1336 posts

Dec 12, 2010

fleinn,

CUT THE MAN SOME SLACK!!!

All he's trying to do is make MAG more popular and to get more people playing.

More players=More DLC buyers=More money for Zipper to create DLC with+more patches+Zipper employees not working for nothing=

BETTER GAME!!!

Vet Path: Raven-Valor-SVER-Raven-Valor level 15

Message 23 of 30 (627 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1336 posts

Dec 12, 2010

fleinn wrote:

You did /exactly/ what I feared you would do. And in the end the game has few players, unpleasant players, and one-dimensional, boring games.

Like yourself?

Vet Path: Raven-Valor-SVER-Raven-Valor level 15

Message 24 of 30 (627 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 30, 2010
cool
Message 25 of 30 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Jan 1, 2011

mi_ramfan wrote:

fleinn,

CUT THE MAN SOME SLACK!!!

All he's trying to do is make MAG more popular and to get more people playing.

More players=More DLC buyers=More money for Zipper to create DLC with+more patches+Zipper employees not working for nothing=

BETTER GAME!!!

That's just the bestest argument ever, isn't it. That if more people play the game.... then it becomes a good game.

Whether it's fun, or makes sense, or is challenging, or entertain people, or has an intuitive interface, or pleasant visual presentation, that the game's progression is interesting, or that the gameplay follows a good design such as "unpredictable, but within limitations", or "casual, but with depth" - that's completely secondary. The only thing that matters is that lots of people play the game.

Ideas such as that the game has to be a good one in order to be played - have consistent game-design, have online modes that are presented with little visual problems, and is played on good servers in network conditions that the game actually can handle - no, that's just silly. I mean, what sort of logic is that? Obviously the game has an LMG and that's all it needs!

..anyway. So if Zipper is hiring, you have the attitude they're looking for, you know. Maybe, one day, you can run your very own game-studio to the ground, and piss off just about everyone who supported you ahead of the release. Who knows - shoot for the stars!

Message 26 of 30 (627 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 11, 2011

it does seem like more people r playin mag nowadays. i think its probly cuz of christmas and people r just now gettin it after about a year of it being out.

Message 27 of 30 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Jan 12, 2011
Like every time there's an advertisement push for the game - the number of disc-sales rises, a number of people join the game - and then quit in disgust eventually.

It's happened about 10 times before.

Zipper made their choice early on - they catered to the hardcore on the forums, and that was all. They didn't believe the concept (that still manage to shift discs) was good, so they dropped it. And the game never is going to have the appeal it had before the significant tweaks and changes to the gameflow.

The lag is also a constant - it ruins the game for everyone. And only a small amount of people are willing to hold out for a day to randomly get dropped into a game that doesn't painfully warp across the screen.

But Zipper chose that solution, and that's why the online numbers never rise, even though the game - an online only title - sells discs (and now also downloads on the PSN).

It will continue that way until Zipper change tack.

And here's the kicker - even if they /wanted/ to change it now, they wouldn't be able to. It would mean reopening the project, and undoing about six months of stupidity patching. And they're not going to be willing to do that, even if it results in a better game.

Will never happen.

Meanwhile - the "unsellable concept" keeps shifting discs. While the game as it is only ever manage to capture a tiny, tiny percentage of those players. Zipper chose that, and they chose it deliberately.
Message 28 of 30 (627 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Apr 15, 2011

magbook

Photobucket
Message 29 of 30 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son