First Son
20 posts

Re: MAG Developer Tips: The Skill Tree

Feb 15, 2010

Hi Jeremy,

The respec cost should be cheaper i agree, glad you guys are taking care of it.

The sticky aiming has thrown me off when I'm shooting a slow moving enemy and a guy runs past him, it stinks.

One thing you guys should instate is being able to have another character with your main profile rather than veteraning.  It is hard to have to restart and the lack of team work and cohesion on Valor and Raven make it very dull.  I have 2 "fake" accounts on both those factions with 15 hours on Valor, 5 on Raven and 130 on SVER. 

I must say I am not switching faction simply because this game is dreadful without the ability to be alongside people with whom you can work effectively and with whom you can communicate.  The Veteran mode should give you the opportunity of setting up a second character with your existing Account so you can play with your friends who are on other factions while maintaining the ability to play with those who are on your initial faction this will technically give the game an added 3 scenarios accessible t all times

You should give those who have already "veteraned" and have the golden trophies for each faction get a free level 60 character of that specific faction.

The anecdote which I'll tell you is a short one but it will describe you how I decided to buy this game... I found the game decent by myself but not purchase material and then I met 2 guys and made a clan in the beta.  I wasn't going to buy it since I'm a huge fan of Battlefield and they have yet another amazing Demo level and the game is coming out soon.  BUT my new found friends asked me: Volo, WHY are you not getting MAG?  I told them you know what I actually love the team play and I'll get it so that we can play together.  While I had made a bond with those few strangers and with whom we built a clan, i have a couple of friends on Valor and I would like to be able to get together with them and introduce my SVER clan to them and get in on their game, but then I'll be deserting the 20 so guys which I am mentoring in my clan and whom I'll lose all affiliation to once I reset my character, why would I now that I know that SVER communicate most efficiently out of everyone?

SADLY your game requires me to give up everything including my clan and I find that unappealing.  Truth be told, once you go to SVER you don't want to go to any other faction, that's where the elite are.  And getting a second character would simply improve the selection of scenarios you can be exposed to and would further improve networking and general appreciation of this game.

Please work this out within the next 2 weeks otherwise my copy of the game is going to the used market and you're losing my word on the street in terms of hyping the merits of 256-players team play because in essence you''re asking of us to give up our hard earned work and our friends in order to complete the game.

I am sure I repeat myself within the last 2 paragraphs but you get the idea.  Erasing your completed saved file is a move people would do in a game where you can still play with your friends no matter what but in a game where you abandon your team-mates, it only appeals to lone-wolves and the some geeks.  I personally don't see myself going through another 30-40 hours by myself (since nobody wants to veteran)

Hope your game can hold its place within my game collection

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 25 (295 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 15, 2010
I hope Zipper has gotten a good sense of the simple things that would make the ggame more enjoyable and please read my comments, I'm trying to make MAG a more amusing experience
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 25 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Feb 15, 2010

RadialFlyer wrote:
Siufuu wrote: http://www.maggametools.com/
 I've been there during the beta and do like the site but it's "un-official" right?  I was looking for more of a Zipper sanctioned site that's updated by the developer and links to my PSN profile.

Hey, I'm the guy who made that site. Glad you like it, but yes, I'm not "official" in any way.  Hopefully they will open up an API for characters and stats sometime  and I'll have a field day making cool stuff, but for now, I can't get any data easily, and I'm too busy to try and look at network traces to see if I can capture stat / character server traffic to see if it's accessable.

That said, I'm working on making a export / import option to the Skill Tree app so you can copy / paste builds to share them with others.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 25 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Feb 15, 2010
It would be nice in the future to get the maps for each faction posted so you could view them and come up with a plan before entering a game.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 25 (295 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

SUGESTIONS

Feb 16, 2010

hey folks, i have been playing mag for a while now and think that there should be bonus xp for a sucessful attack under a certain percentage of time. I. E. under 5 minutes for sabotage. also if we could change the loadout at resuplying at a time cost (seconds).

also... are there gonna be new weapons available? such as a flame thrower 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 25 (295 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 16, 2010
no guns have good Accuracy hope u can fix that to thanks                                                                              ,AlUrPal
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 25 (295 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 16, 2010

veddermatic wrote:

RadialFlyer wrote:
Siufuu wrote: http://www.maggametools.com/
 I've been there during the beta and do like the site but it's "un-official" right?  I was looking for more of a Zipper sanctioned site that's updated by the developer and links to my PSN profile.

Hey, I'm the guy who made that site. Glad you like it, but yes, I'm not "official" in any way.  Hopefully they will open up an API for characters and stats sometime  and I'll have a field day making cool stuff, but for now, I can't get any data easily, and I'm too busy to try and look at network traces to see if I can capture stat / character server traffic to see if it's accessable.

That said, I'm working on making a export / import option to the Skill Tree app so you can copy / paste builds to share them with others.

That's what I mean, Zipper should hire you to bring the game tools to the MAG website.  I can't believe you've done so much on your own.  Keep up the good work.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 25 (295 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 30, 2010

I am bryan120000 i have 2 friends corey067 and lilguy25 clan (sbd). We would like to see extended mags on the assault rifles, and sights for the personal defense pistols.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 25 (295 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 30, 2010

give us more experience for getting ribbons and medals. this would give you a greater sense of achievment and a higher insentive to achieve these things during the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 25 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
619 posts

Mar 30, 2010

Umm the assault rifle has a big enough clip. If you want a larger clip then get aqainted with the LMG's. Also to your other point, you get 5xp for every ribbon earned on the field soo not sure what your on about really.

Also I like the re-spec point system. Means if I re-spec and want to re-spec back I gotta play more games. Also limits people from just re-specing every game to have the optimum loadout for the game they're about to play. Means people sometimes will have to get used to a certain weapon like a SMG and you never know after a hour or two of using one you might find you love it. However if you made the re-spec and played with it for about 5 minutes and thought it was useless and then they just re-speced afterwards then they're just going to stick with their previous gun and never try it again.

What I'd rather see be done is just fix a few of the bugs and what not to the existing maps and then focus on maybe a new mission pack and a few weapon packs. People will pay through the nose just for a few new missions and a few new guns. Just don't bring out really powerful guns that shoot at a rate of a LMG and have an accuracy of a variable scoped sniper.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 25 (295 Views)
0 Likes