Feb 09 2010
By: zpr_DunhamSmash Uncharted Territory 1690 posts

MAG Developer Tips: Suppression and Sabotage

8 replies 409 views Edited Feb 9, 2010

Feel free to discuss and trade strategies here too! 

Jeremy Dunham
Senior Designer, Zipper Interactive
http://www.twitter.com/DunhamSmash
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
892 posts

Re: MAG Developer Tips: Suppression and Sabotage

Feb 9, 2010
Nice but, my question still has gone unanswered.
There is no I in team... Unless I am on that team.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (409 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 10, 2010

zpr_DunhamSmash wrote:

Feel free to discuss and trade strategies here too! 

Another good strategy if your team is having trouble getting out of your spawn because the enemy has pushed you back and pinned you down...

Change your spawn location to the other side. All 4 squads will have much greater success taking an objective than just half the platoon. Plus it will confuse the enemy and allow them to lower their guard. Then once the other side has been secured, send most of the platoon back to the harder side and sack em good! You'll have the element of surprise as well as a fortified team to roll over them like a steam roller.

Do Unto Others!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (409 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Feb 11, 2010
Are you going too, or would it be possible to make the supression game be able to use all maps, and against the pmc's? This would be great for zipper and the fans of mag. I love the game, but without enought people playing together the objective games are almost impossible to win. Just a thought. But a very much wanted thought. 
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Feb 13, 2010

Suppression should be used as a glorified training mission.  There should be a little bit of everything in suppression that way when people jump into the chaos that is domination they have somewhat of an idea as to what they are doing.  By making suppression the first thing that everyone must go through you are allowing the new players to think that running around and killing people is how to play this game.  I've seen it for myself, new players in sabotage that are just running around trying to kill people.  I have people that are supposed to go to objective B going to objective C "hunting" people. 

Zipper its almost unbelievable that you would set your game up this way.  Why would you have such a team based game and send everyone through suppression first that basically tells them to just go around and kill and you'll be ok.  Not everyone is completely clueless but wouldn't it be better to instill objective based team play from the get go?  

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (409 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

y Re: MAG Developer Tips: Suppression and Sabotage

Jan 24, 2011

sorry really new here... how does an attacking team win without even getting to C?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3913 posts

Re: y Re: MAG Developer Tips: Suppression and Sabotage

Jan 24, 2011

JaceinyoFace wrote:

sorry really new here... how does an attacking team win without even getting to C?

They don't. The attacking team has to blow up C in order to win in Sabotage and you have to get to C before the 10 minute mark in order for it to be a Major Victory, otherwise its only a Minor Victory.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (409 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: y Re: MAG Developer Tips: Suppression and Sabotage

Feb 11, 2011

Those game modes R pretty much for killing. So all U have to do is learn how to kill.

Then, on larger modes, U'll have to learn to listen.

SL, PL & OIC doesn't exist just cuz. They get those charges by experience. So as they have more experience than U, learn to listen to them.

BTW, U'll find out eventually that the best way to kill & not beeing killed is by not beeing in front of the enemy.
So try to be sneaky.

L8er!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (409 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Apr 15, 2011

kill alot.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.