Senior Designer, Zipper Interactive
http://www.twitter.com/DunhamSmash
Message 1 of 84 (519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: MAG Developer Tips: Sniper

Feb 23, 2010
Thanks These tips will help. I tend to stay in one area the whole game, while watching out for the enemy, i usually get hit by own team... 
You say I need a Medic... I say Enemy Sniper Identified.
Message 2 of 84 (519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 23, 2010

Some other points should be added also.

• Cross hairs on a stationary target, especially the head do not necessarily mean a hit even if it was a hit on the prior shot in the same location;  This is true for vehicles and turrets, and also take in latency before squeezing the trigger highspeed. 
  • Some teams will TK you as they believe your 15:1 kill ratio, total suppression of a bunker's spawn points, or the protection of behind the line Assets like AA's is of no benefit to the squad or platoon.
  • Be prepared to be out sniped by a standing LMG user at distances greater then 120m, as they have a greater rate of fire, control of recoil, and equal accuracy then you.
  • Don't bother with Claymores as a defense as most PMC's hunting you are Commando's with detect explosives anyways. 

Just a few tips.

Message 3 of 84 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Feb 25, 2010

maybe stop scoping in on spawn points to shoot unsuspecting people respawning eh?,

maybe once in a while you can equip a proper weapon and join in the war instead of lying prone for 15 minutes reugulary checking your kill/death ratio?

maybe they will just remove the sniper rifle from the game so you sniping cowards can go back to playing ratchet and clank?

what would you do then eh?, your only means of aqquiring a kill on MAG is gone and now you'll have to display your uselessness at FPS's to the rest of us.........

honestly sniping is not a skill, it's a noobs handicap crutch

Message 4 of 84 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Feb 25, 2010

LOL, and there was me thinking i logged onto a gaming forum not a SAS recruitment website.

i'm not concerned with what real life snipers have to endure, i'm more worried about my digitised self getting shot by idiots who spend £50 on a game so they can annoy other people 

Message 5 of 84 (519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 26, 2010

You mean it's annoying to be shot ? In a First Person SHOOTER game ?

Geez,

Imagine that when We kill around 20 ennemies in a battle, my XP goes from 150 to 400 XP.

We only be one of the 3 hero of the squad once.

We XP lower than LMG's.

A noob, as you say, won't choose the long road to Lvl 60.

Snipers are not camping anywhere. They're camping where they can shoot the "where he think he could find we".

Still moving.

Still praying to right shoot the sprinting guy.

Still angry we're not able to overpass the 500 XP step in a battle for a good work.

--

have a nice day

Message 6 of 84 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Feb 27, 2010

Ying... I salute you.

Sav... Huh, I'd love to throw you into the SAS, then you'll see... You should be concered. You get to play video games all day, while the SAS have a good time dealing with scarred consciences, and pressure more then a migrain.You're really not concered... That's sad.

The perfectly hand crafted huge red triangle above our heads should be enough to kill us, quite quickly no matter what the range... Apparently.

Message Edited by Assassin2450 on 02-27-2010 01:57 PM
\+/ Assassin2450 \+/
I am a sniper... Always have been... Always will be.
Why aim when you have a 100 round box magazine?
Message 7 of 84 (519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 2, 2010
Very well put, anybody can run around and kill 20 people moving everywhere... let them try it sniping from 120m and see who is a noob. Like my signature says...
You say I need a Medic... I say Enemy Sniper Identified.
Message 8 of 84 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Mar 14, 2010

so can i safely assume that those 3 replies to my comment came from "snipers"....and you find nothing wrong or particulary annoying in it?

funny how i never hear anybody say.."bloody machine gunners" on MAG after been mowed down by enemy.

it's a general consensus that "snipers" do not use tactical sniping - which is fine, but just exist to annoy.

for all your protestations and explanations the fact remains, the sniper rifle is used to get unfair spawn kills, my comment must have annoyed you 3 in particular as maybe you use tactical sniping and never entertained the thought of positioning yourself to overlook enemy entrance points.........???

i won't have it in my own squadron, (people happily scoping away 20 mtrs from a base about to fall), i call them in and have them look for enemy snipers....do they? do they **bleep**, a higher kill ratio is more important to them than god forbid.....teamwork.

"anybody can run around and kill 20 people moving everywhere... let them try it sniping from 120m and see who is a noob"

what a stupid assertion, aiming and shooting from a hiding place? yeah....top skill.

Message 9 of 84 (519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 15, 2010

i personally use the A.R. and hate to be shot by a machine gun, personally i hate the *bleeping* thing my gun hold 30 shots in the clip and for me to kill one man it takes rougghly 10 shots but when faced with more opponents its hard to kill 3 guys in heavy armor with machine guns especially when they run back and fourth or in cirlces spraying with thier 100 rounds and in the last few shots the hit me in the head all beacause of recoil? WOW what a shame. a sniper can be taken care of u just have to know how to out smart them, keeping cover, and watching your surroundings. i love when i run up and knife them saying sniper no sniping hahahaha but its more fun to look down a reflex scope and take them out of a window with 7 shots. so i say snipers are not a problem and kids need to stop crying about something that is more realistic than any other game so zipper can handle real issues like the pistol not having any accuracy anymore or the glitch in the valor base on the south side * which i will be posting for them to fix with video and pictures of one of the guys doing it saying it is ok to glitch into a base because zipper hasnt fixed it * these are the thing we need to worry about not the way a person plays.

Message 10 of 84 (519 Views)
0 Likes