Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
31 posts

Re: Influence MAG: Should Domination Go "Faction-Neutral"?

Sep 16, 2010

I know, Zipper, I know that it's very difficult to create a new map for DOM.

But, the idea is so thoughtless...

Why you try to ruin your/our lovely MAG... so sad...

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 85 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3783 posts

Sep 16, 2010

We need a HQ to call our own. The only way I could accept Dom going neutral is if we had a new 256 player game more that gave us an actual HQ to defend.

I think Dom is great, but lets face it, we are defending our fuel reserves and that is it. If we had a new game mode with a corporate HQ or something to defend we could easily see Dom going neutral.

If Dom does go neutral I hope people realise it would mean new maps, and most likely free new maps.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 85 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Sep 16, 2010

I understand that faction neutral is an easy (and cheap) modification to give the game more variety, but I still prefer new maps. Especially Sabotage (IMO the best game mode, because Domination lags too much) desperately needs more maps.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 85 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Sep 16, 2010

Wahhh, Zipper!!! Why would you do this to us?!?!? Wait, what do you mean it's a vote? So the democratic majority has to decide on the outcome? Oh, I thought it was just something Zipper was arbitrarily inflicting on everyone whether they liked it or not.

But, haven't you been reading the forum posters Zipper? We (the loudest most obnoxious voices on the forums) already decided what you should do. There ya go, problem solved, you don't need to put it to a vote!

Really Zipper?!?!? Really?!?!? You're going to insist on this stupid little vote thing still?! This is ludicrous.I'm going to demand a recount. If this complete waste of time vote turns out Yes, I'm not playing anymore. I swear. I'll hold my breath till you change it back, so help me.

I just can't believe that you spent a whopping 5 minutes wasted all this time working on a vote widget. You could have totally been implementing my light saber/knife idea instead. And I'm still waiting on my invisibility-ghillie suit. This idea is stupid Zipper. Have I mentioned that this democratic process idea may not be fair to players in China? They could be shot just for voting or something. We wouldn't want that.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 85 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Sep 16, 2010

Ok, maybe that was a bit too sarcastic even for me.

How about a compromise.

If you load 'Domination' mode in deploy, you get the same old 'Domination' the way it has always been.

If you are in 'Directives' and it slots you for 'Domination' you get faction nuetral.

Problem solved. You can have it either way.

I would still like to see the maps ALL reversible, but tied to the contract award. There is a almost non-existant plot in this game and it's not 'whos-homebase-is-whoms,' it is the Shadow War. The contracts should control everything.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 85 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 16, 2010

I'm against faction neutrality on Domination. When I first started playing MAG a couple months ago Sabo was still faction specific. And as a new player it was nice to defend one map while attacking the others. Not a random map chosen for me.

I rarely play Sabo anymore due to neutrality. Every time I play it I'm defending Raven's or Valor's maps (Mostly Raven's) and very rarely do I get to play on SVER's map.

I just don't like the idea. The only reasons for choosing a PMC will be how you look & the guns you use. I chose to get this game because of it's unique Shadow War concept, but it appears as if they want to make this game more like MW2.:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 85 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Sep 16, 2010

Can someone explain this to me?

·         The winning answer must have 60% of the overall vote for two-point questions
·         The winning answer must have 55% of the overall vote for three-point questions.
·         If no answer has the required % allotment then there is no status change.

What does ___-point questions means exactly?

Is it going to change at 60% or 55%?

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 85 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 16, 2010
The points refer to how many choices the vote has. In this case we have two choices Yes & No. So this vote is 60% required for the change.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 85 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
738 posts

Sep 16, 2010

2 things,,

1 is zipper said it in the podcast that the shadow war story can always be change,

2 if you vote no, then there better be no more b*tching about sver maps bein too overbalance or to hard to attck, zipper is trying to help you whiners and you lame cod skills. your prob the same ones on here going no, so pick one and shut the hell up you hipocrit's, zipper helping out you and your **bleep**ty clan into becomin a lil bit better player, and zipper not's ruining the game there addin refresh value to the game. this message is to the retard who said that dom maps are hard to make/develop, r u serious do you see the map's in escalation or interdiction, open your dumb ass eyes..

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 85 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Sep 16, 2010

Can you take away some of the uglier SVER masks, like the "styled" one to make room for balaclavas?

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 85 (293 Views)
0 Likes