Nov 18 2014
By: baconsudeikis First Son 2 posts

"Installing" bar (while in the pod) taking forever. Cant move forward into the game

6 replies 1221 views Edited Nov 18, 2014

So I just got little big planet 3. I preordered it from PSN and had was playing it by about 10pm. I got about a half hour in and it took me to the pod, where i was to learn more about the community, level creator, adventures, etc. and it started this installation bar in the lower left hand corner. In order to proceed with the story mode, level creator, or do anything other than the first level (which I had already beat) I must wait for this installation bar to finish. but its already been 2 and a half hours. Ive tried everything from turning the game off and restarting it, to making sure my internet was working, etc. I have NO idea what to do. the installation bar doesnt seem to be moving at all. 
Do I just wait???? 

Message 1 of 7 (1,221 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Re: "Installing" bar (while in the pod) taking forever. Cant move forward into the game

Nov 18, 2014

you playing PS3 or PS4 version? Did you tryimporting LBP2 or LBP1 profile? if PS3 did you do the 1.02 patch update. if PS4 did you check for and do update prior to playing?

images.jpg

Message 2 of 7 (1,216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: "Installing" bar (while in the pod) taking forever. Cant move forward into the game

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2014

This is exactly what's happening to me. I deleted the game and downloaded it again, and the install bar won't advance anyways. I'm stuck on the first world.

Also, I'm on PS4. I had updated already.

Message 3 of 7 (1,197 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 18, 2014

Same thing here, it won't install. I am currently re-downloading it, hopefully something works.

Message 4 of 7 (1,184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 19, 2014
I initialized my PS4 completely, downloaded the game, the update, played the whole prologue. Then, the game took me to the pod to finish installing. The bar advanced quickly to 100%. It got stuck there for like 10 minutes, and then finished installing. I have access to everything now, and can continue the story.

Hopefully I'm a rare case, and you guys can find another solution.
Message 5 of 7 (1,146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: "Installing" bar (while in the whe taking forever. Cant move forward into the game

Jul 24, 2015
The same thing happens to me where i get sent into the pod and im just stuck there. The install bar just freezes and then there's nothing to do. I've tried restarting the game but it still doesn't work i hope PlayStation is going to fix it
Message 6 of 7 (842 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

last month

same here and then i went and brought the playstaion plus because it ran out and still the bar wont even move... what a waste of money 

Message 7 of 7 (413 Views)
0 Likes