Dec 26 2012
By: Soulcollector1 Lombax Warrior 121 posts

possable fix for can't connect cross controller dlc

[ Edited ]
4 replies 161 views Edited Dec 27, 2012

got this dlc today and after over 4 hours of tikering i found out the cause of  the ever waiting trying to connect. It  has to do with remote play  and the vitas mac address that is stored on the ps3 when paired. I went to remote play setting on ps3 and noticed it was not an exact match with what the vita has for it mac id. for example on the ps3 under remote play setting vita machine registered whould start out like D4F0 and on the vita it read d4f0.  If these do match on both systems thats why it works for those allready  paired.

simple soultion delete the vita info off ps3 in remote play settings.

on the vita start remote play go into setting and reset everything should be cleared and your ps3 and vita unpaired.

then all i did was start lbp2  clicked cross controller started up cross controller on vita hit next and it connected almost instantly.

Message 1 of 5 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Re: possable fix for can't connect cross controller dlc

Dec 27, 2012

changed title as it still may help some but is not only problem. i played it just fine then but tonight its broke again signal strength on ps3 and vita wireless stay 80% and up  so now im back to stuck connecting only this time its with the lbp2 cross app

Message 2 of 5 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Dec 27, 2012

back got it working and think problem might be with automatic ips. tested 10 times and all worked here are steps i took. 

first turned on ps3 went to network settings did connection test

next start lbp2 open cross control hit connect and leave it

now start up vita go setting do network test then open lbp2 app or cross control under remote play if you dont have the app yet.

last just hit connect or next on cross control and it worked.

Message 3 of 5 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Dec 29, 2012
Dont work mm need to fix this
Message 4 of 5 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I too had difficulties connecting the cross controller. For whatever reason(possibly poor programming) despite being on the same LAN and subnet it would appear that the ps3 could not see the vita. I fixed this by manually entering the ip settings on the vita. This can be done by checking the settings on your ps3 (settings->network settings->settings and connection status) and using the same subnet mask, default router and dns settings for the manual settings on the vita. Just ensure the IP address is different Otherwise you will get an IP address conflict. 

As soon as I input the manual settings on the vita the 2 machines could communicate! Not ideal but there's the fix! 

Message 5 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes