Oct 05 2008
By: darkkrillin Lombax Warrior 262 posts

The beta!

15 replies 65 views Edited Oct 5, 2008

being an ex-pc gamer and beta testing over 10 pc games, i realize while watching this little big planet beta take place i can clearly see that the console owners (not all of them) and Mm are really missing the point of the main purpose of the beta process! most of the people who are in the beta just think that beta=demo/final version. and Mm just uses the beta phase as a stress test! now dont get me wrong you can already see the problems that are happening with the servers so a stress test is def needed before launch. things wont be fixed by launch but they have a good head start. but if your going to give the game to a limited number of people for a stress test! 1. why limit the number to such a small amount? 2. why not enable a bug report! its the perfect opportunity to take advantage of a bug report system so you can kink out the bugs that you may have missed before the final version. that way when your game gets reviewed it wont get frowned upon for certain bugs.... i dont know just i think the console generation has a lot to learn about "beta testing" *sigh* maybe by next gen.

and with that said and off my chest

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - darkkrillin
Message 1 of 16 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2228 posts

Re: The beta!

Oct 5, 2008
There are quite a lot of people in the beta actually, plus this is an older build of LBP, so reporting bugs on old software is a moot point
Message 2 of 16 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
262 posts

Oct 5, 2008

hondakidus wrote:
There are quite a lot of people in the beta actually, plus this is an older build of LBP, so reporting bugs on old software is a moot point

no i understand that. i guesss i should of added that in. the game should of been beta tested for the final version before going gold.

Message 3 of 16 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2228 posts

Oct 5, 2008

darkkrillin wrote:

hondakidus wrote:

no i understand that. i guesss i should of added that in. the game should of been beta tested for the final version before going gold.

Yeah I agree with you

Message 4 of 16 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Oct 5, 2008
I agree and disagree. I game on my computer quite a bit as well as on my PS3, so I've done plenty of beta tests. I'm not totally sure what MM/Sony is hoping to achieve with this test, given that it is an older build than the retail version of the game. Why not let us test out the retail copy in limited form? Any bugs we see then would help everyone invovled. Regardless, I'm still buying a copy.
---
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Message 5 of 16 (65 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1154 posts

Oct 5, 2008

darkkrillin wrote:

hondakidus wrote:

it was...it was a closed beta!!!!!! closed as in not public....as in not what we are doing now...they wouldnt have let the game go gold if there was NO beta testing

Message 6 of 16 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
262 posts

Oct 5, 2008

LostBlueSoul wrote:

darkkrillin wrote:

hondakidus wrote:

it was...it was a closed beta!!!!!! closed as in not public....as in not what we are doing now...they wouldnt have let the game go gold if there was NO beta testing

im sure it was. but, its a bit wiser to have a public beta test for a game such is this. when your imagination is the limit there is a lot to test. and things will be over looked. so why not let the public find them.

Message 7 of 16 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
262 posts

Oct 5, 2008

Temprix wrote:
I agree and disagree. I game on my computer quite a bit as well as on my PS3, so I've done plenty of beta tests. I'm not totally sure what MM/Sony is hoping to achieve with this test, given that it is an older build than the retail version of the game. Why not let us test out the retail copy in limited form? Any bugs we see then would help everyone invovled. Regardless, I'm still buying a copy.
Oh hecks yah im buying a copy. by no means boycotting the game. i will buy this game even if its  full of bugs and the servers are all down on  day one (which wont happen but a worst case scenario)
Message Edited by darkkrillin on 10-04-2008 08:12 PM
Message 8 of 16 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
936 posts

Oct 5, 2008
u want in the beta shove me some warhawk maps
Message 9 of 16 (65 Views)
0 Likes
First Son