Sep 18 2011
By: GA_G8R Splicer 71 posts

Profile changed - can't use items from GotY edition, help?

2 replies 36 views Edited Sep 18, 2011

I went through my PS3 Game Data Utility this morning and seeing as I don't own LBP GotY edition anymore, I deleted all install/update data and my profile.  Later on, I went to play in LBP2.  It asked me to update my profile, and unknowingly, I said yes.  Now, I cannot use the Paintinator and other MGS items, such as the costumes, and I'm sure there are more that are unusable at this time.  Is there any way to go back to my profile before I updated it?  Or even get the MGS items?  I used those items and I didn't pay for them except for when I bought the GotY edition.  I'd reeeally like to not have to pay for them a second time. 

Message 1 of 3 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Re: Profile changed - can't use items from GotY edition, help?

Sep 21, 2011

Hmmm.  I'm no game data/profile data wiz, but did you delete EVERTHING regarding LBP1 from your ps3?  i.e. 'saved game data'.  If you didnt, you might be in luck.  Try the 'import profile' option from the start button menu while in your pod in LBP2 if you didnt delete everything.  P.S Im not sure if this will work across 2 different profiles even if its on the same ps3.  I have 2 profiles myself (1 for me and 1 for my kids), and it seems i have to pay for the same dlc 2x if i want it on both profiles.  Hope this helps

Message 2 of 3 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
71 posts

Re: Profile changed - can't use items from GotY edition, help?

Sep 21, 2011

Well, I deleted everything in the Game Data Utility, but I still had a Profile under Saved Data or whatever it's called..  I tried importing the profile, but it made me have to restart LBP2 and it still wouldn't let me use the items that were on the GotY version.  I guess I should've known better than delete the "Downloadable Content" from LBP in the Game Data list.  I ended up just buying what I wanted from the PSN Store regarding the DLC I didn't have access to anymore.  Less than $20, so it wasn't that bad.  Thanks for your help anyway, though.

This just proves I need to think before deleting from now on.

Message 3 of 3 (36 Views)
0 Likes