Wastelander
710 posts

Re: Okay People, Blockbuster Is NOT Selling Copies

Oct 24, 2008

Whizkid103 wrote:

timesplitter88 wrote:

Whizkid103 wrote:

No idea why some people are saying they are, but I just called three and they are not selling copies.

The only way you could possibly get one is at an independent retailer

Haha wow... you should use the SEARCH feature before making accusations like that. I started a thread that had 150+ replies about getting LBP at Blockbuster... 

So why do over half of the people here NOT have retailers selling them?

Because it is FRIDAY. The games original release date was TUESDAY. If you wanted to get a recalled copy you had to be quick about it and get it on or around TUESDAY. If you try to get the game now, you will have no such luck because by now retailers have shrunk their "defective" copies out of inventory and mailed them back to their warehouses. There were a few people that were successful in getting their copies from Blockbuster and a few other places such as walmart and target. You can see my original Blockbuster thread since you are so bent on not believing anyone about it here.

Member of: PSN, G.A.P, and RLS.
Message 11 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
9 posts

Oct 24, 2008

I think I can speak for almost all of us. I know I myself assumed EVERYONE on this LBP forum knew the game was recalled and not really supposed to be sold.

Sorry for making that mistake.

Message 12 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3148 posts

Oct 24, 2008
Where do you guys live? I live in NYC. Everyone knew about the recall...
Message 13 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Oct 24, 2008
i got 10 copies at Blockbuster XD and 2 at another one farther out so this thread is EPIC FAIL
Message 14 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Oct 24, 2008

therealdark1 wrote:

I think I can speak for almost all of us. I know I myself assumed EVERYONE on this LBP forum knew the game was recalled and not really supposed to be sold.

Sorry for making that mistake.

Yes... at least those of us who have been here since before its original release date. Did some of us dedicated fans listen to that recall?

Umm... no.  It's not our fault retailers did not follow the directions of the distributor Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
407 posts

Oct 24, 2008
I live in West Virginia

Sackboy007 wrote:
Where do you guys live? I live in NYC. Everyone knew about the recall...

No one is a virgin; life screws everyone.
Message 16 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
407 posts

Oct 24, 2008

timesplitter88 wrote:

It's not our fault retailers did not follow the directions of the distributor Smiley Tongue

The one time I wish my Gamestop's employees didn't know about video games DXD

No one is a virgin; life screws everyone.
Message 17 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Oct 24, 2008

halowiz96 wrote:
i got 10 copies at Blockbuster XD and 2 at another one farther out so this thread is EPIC FAIL

Ipretty much said this but in a more nicer, big paragraph way a couple posts up. Smiley Tongue

Look, point is, if you got an early copy of the game, congrats on your hunt for this awesome game that got something it didnt deserve. If you dont have a copy yet, dont bother looking for copies on shelves because MOST RETAILERS KNOW BY NOW, hang in there and wait till next week when it comes out and DO NOT give in to price gouging on ebay or other such places. No one should profit off this rediculous situation.

Message 18 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Oct 24, 2008

Whizkid103 wrote:

timesplitter88 wrote:

It's not our fault retailers did not follow the directions of the distributor Smiley Tongue

The one time I wish my Gamestop's employees didn't know about video games DXD

Haha yeaaah. I use to be an SGA for gamestop. NEVER rely on them to break street date. It just wont happen and if it does, which im not saying it HASNT HAPPENED, its probably a careless person, a newbie, or someone who wants to get fired. you have a waaay better chance at conning the old lady at walmart then the guy in his 20's at gamestop Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes