First Son
23 posts

Backwards Compatibility

Nov 23, 2014

The advertised backwards compatibility needs some major work.  Expect bugs at launch but as of now, I would say MOST of my old levels are broken.  Here's a few specifics I've noticed:

1) Players are not limited to the old standard of 3 layers on older levels.  The community has been using the extra background layers for cosmetic purpose ever since LBP1.  These layers were never meant to be functional, and as a result most have broken gameplay now.  Can LBP3 patch in to keep players on the standard 3 layers on old levels?\

2) Theck and Thack layers now collide.  In the past, thack could be moved to overlap theck.  This bug has broken my MM pick, lol.  (At World's End)

3) Key logic in LBP1 levels are visible, when they should be hidden. This bug actually appeared in LBP2 at some point, and I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigger fuss about it.  It makes these classic levels look terrible.  Just because they're old doesn't mean nobody wants to play them.  It's fun to go back and revisit the classics!

Anyways, these are three issues I've noticed so far.  I know the team is busy patching the more important game-breaking issues right now, but let's keep our classics alive!

Message 81 of 457 (5,677 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4115 posts

Re: LittleBigPlanet 3: Known Issues - Update and Workarounds

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2014

Besides the fact that I can't play with others online still, the thing that annoys me most is that there is no way to change the background when in your POD, and the atmospheric changes you can set do not stick.

Choose Me, then choose Decorate, R1 until you get to Global Setttings.

If you do change lighting and fog and color, as soon as it saves, it reverts back to look like what it was before, which is too bright for my taste.

In LB2 there was a tab with backgrounds to pick from. I would actually prefer the default one for LBP3 rather than the horrid one it imported from LBP2. I had that one for awhile, but changed things around occassionally. Now I'm stuck with this and hate it. At least making it all dark would gain some relief for me, but it's double nasty in how it feels.

Here's my workaround for now: Use the lovely Basic Shapes in Decorations (Suma Digital made) to encase my POD Windows. It has it's desired effect.

20897afa86788c74ed33163a0c4e710531c11eab.png

The outside is blocked until I use the POD computer, but I can still be in the POD. Right now the only way for me to play in my pod with anyone else is to co-op which doesn't work since I am the only one using my PS4, but I can remote play with myself if I can convince someone else to log in on my PS4 (which is far from a good solution, since I want to play with OTHER sack minded people.)

Message 82 of 457 (5,673 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Nov 23, 2014

Me and four of my friends all have this game, so we've got a large variety of glitches we're experiencing.

Prologue

In Tinpot Towers, you can get on top of the level using the boost boots.

Manglewood

One of my friends doesn't die when he falls into tar, he just gets stuck down there and has to pop himself. Another friend instead falls through the tar.

I had a friend get stuck inside several walls and need to kill himself on the world map.

During the boss of the level, the checkpoint fell to the ground of the level, so when we died we were spawned on the floor. Had to restart the boss.

Not a glitch, but you can use OddSock to get to the boost boots section of the level Smiley Happy

Ziggurat

When I exited the Ziggurat main world to go to the world map, all of my prizes were lost.

On the bear level, when you beat it and are given the costume as a prize, Olegg gets angry and tells you the bears will never calm down now that you have taken bubbles.

In Go Loco, occasionally some of the enemies' brains will fall off, and get stuck in their mouths. They become basically invincible. Also, you can sometimes step on the brain without it killing the enemy. 

Also in Go Loco, when I was climbing I started suddenly spinning in place and then was flung off the side.

In Go Loco, after picking up a prize bubble the entire level moved and put me in fire.

In Go Loco, sometimes velociporters killed us instead of porting us, despite there not being danger on the other side.

During this boss, when I jumped at the tire to grab it and swing across, I instead found myself inside the tire and I ended up having to die there.

I beat the boss here and decided to stop playing for the night, and the next time I played Bunkum Lagoon was no longer open and I had to replay the boss.

Bunkum Lagoon

In Masque Maker's Tower, the queen did not show up during the explaination of the boost boots, so the camera focused on nothing.

After unlocking Swoop and exiting Bunkum Lagoon to play other levels, the level told me it was completed but the change gate had disappeared.

General

When I try to unlock LBP1 items, the option is crossed out despite the fact that I have certainly played the game.

Toggle puts the ogre costume mouth on no matter how many times I take it off of him.

When you play on someone else's PS4, it thinks you have no unlocked items and so all of the prize bubbles show up as new. You also have no costumes you can get.

When I open the Sock Pocket it jitters around the screen.

Dialogue continues even when paused/after exiting a level.

Create/Tutorial

No subtitles for the tutorial videos.

The tutorial videos are longer than the amount of time before the game goes into screensaver mode. So I have to press buttons while watching the video to keep the screen on the video instead of random clicks of Sack Things.

When I change the background in Create, it turns purple and blurry instead of loading,or sometimes never loads.

When you update a character in Create, you have to switch away from it and then switch back to it to get the updates.

An object switched from static to dynamic without us editing it.

Characters who are custom made from sackbots can't shoot Creationators, even if the original sackbot could.

Changing character sound effect continues looping after character change is finished. Undoing does not solve it. Even exiting the level and going back in does not fix it, we had to delete the level.

Poppit Puzzle

Some of the slides in Poppit Academy have a gap between the bottom of them and the actualplane you stand on. I managed to fall through these to the floor of the level. It's very red down there.

Message 83 of 457 (5,673 Views)
Splicer
64 posts

Nov 23, 2014

You going to tell me that with the amount of problems that are in this game that nobody  noticed while play testing?  Decided to release the game anyway because you need those holiday shoppers.. I wouldn't be surprised if the dlc not transfering is all planned as a part to have some people re-buy the content. How hard is it to have PSN network read your download history that is linked to your PSN account? Trophies seem to sync fine across these networks, so the download history should as well.. 

Fix your game before you release it, there is no excuse for this crap anymore. Sony should stop releasing unfinished games but I guess they figure it's ok because people will still praise them no matter what they do.. To the people saying "thank you for working hard for the patches"  I'll translate that for you " Thank You for releasing an unfinished product so you could get your holiday money while we pay $60 ($70 in Canada) while we wait for patches"Greatness Awaits" .. It has gotten to the point where there is no point in buying a game on release day anymore.

Sorry, this is more of a rant ....but  games need to start coming out as a fnished product because that is what we pay for , that is what we should get.

Message 84 of 457 (5,658 Views)
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2014

I'm seeing this with LittleBigPlanet 3:

Currently I can't have a local second player join my game:
- I get my game started and go into the pod.
- Second player hits PS button and logs in.
- After a while Error message pops up saying "a player failed to load your profile".
- Some random loading screen starts and the pod reloads. Second player doesn't appear and can't do anything.

If the second player tries to join while I'm in a level, nothing happens, no error, nothing.

Works fine if we swap profiles (second player starts the game and I join theirs) but we don't have any of our story progress on that profile. Any help?

Edit: The following temporary fix worked once so far.
1. Start game, go into pod.
2. Hit PS button on second controller, choose "Guest" profile.
3. Go into a story level
4. Exit the story level, back to the pod.
5. Hit PS button on second controller, do "Switch user" to the profile you want to load.
6. The second player should load fine, costume and all.

Message 85 of 457 (5,628 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2014

Ok, playing co-op on PS4. One person is logged into PSN on their controller, other person logged into PSN on the controller they're holding.

Yet the other person isn't getting any trophies. Please fix this in a patch. This was meant to be fixed for the PS4 and one of the many advantages listed over the PS3. Games are now accepting multiple psn log-ins and can give trophies to all players (see Diablo 3 for example).

Message 86 of 457 (5,621 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 23, 2014
I cant get my rares /Metal gear I also cant put stickers down in create mode decorations work though other than that Im lovin Lbp3
Message 87 of 457 (5,599 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 23, 2014

Yep I am missing a bunch of  costumes from LBP2 sad that babyface costume is one of the many effected....babyface sackboy is just way too cute bummed I cant have it in LBP3 yet but happy to know that these issues will be resolved 

Message 88 of 457 (5,598 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 23, 2014

Same problem, but my game freeze the screen Smiley Sad

Message 89 of 457 (5,587 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 23, 2014

I just want to report a bug I have found and am not sure if it has already been reported, but I will go ahead and say it anyway.

While playing as Toggle ther is a major issue with the costume changing when switching from his big and smaller forms. As you may know there are a variety of costumes with bigger and simiar smaller versions. Like the viking, cheerleader etc. If  you make a custom costume for little toggle and switch to large toggle you might have an issue putting costumes on the larger form of toggle. Using costumes like the viking, superhero or other costumes that have multiple forms for them cause Toggle to glitch out. Proceeding to scare the living heck out of me, seeing that his character model is completely on the fritz. Then the game predictably seems to crash.

Hopefully the LBP3 team will fix this and other glitches as well. Because I have had issues with the story and "resetting" progress as well. Which is not exactly pleasant.

Message 90 of 457 (5,352 Views)