First Son
13 posts

Re: LittleBigPlanet 3: Known Issues - Update and Workarounds

Nov 20, 2014

Can you also find a fix for your tutorials loading all slow? It should have been on the disc or an option to download them to your hard drive. Arrrrg.

Message 31 of 457 (4,982 Views)
Wastelander
816 posts

Nov 20, 2014
So I managed to get my original lbp data to load. Here's what I down. I loaded lbp, the very first lbp, I updated the game and loaded in my pod. Then I exited booted up lbp3 and right away it detected my profile, I click yes and when I loaded in my pod I got all my original lbp stuff plus it alsof fixed the sticker problem. And now I can use stickers in my levels and pod again. So anyone having problems getting their lbp 1 data, just load the original lbp and update that game, load that and that should fix that problem
Message 32 of 457 (4,979 Views)
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Nov 20, 2014
PS3 version notes:

Create Mode Issues/Bugs:

1. Stickers do not work. Cannot apply to materials.

2. Sackbot Issues:
A. Scale a sackbot, place in level then after changing costumes, characters, etc selecting sackbot will not permit scaling anymore. Also would not Delete - had to lethalize material and drop sackbot on it to "destroy"
B. Several animations have blank labels, highlights as small square but no text, appears as a blank line in list, animations are present and work, but labels are empty.
C. Enabling option for Sackbot to use Hook Hat results in icon changing to a box with text "Fix Me Hook Hat" seems to be a placeholder graphic that wasnt updated, other powerup options simply change from light to darker version of icon.

3. Sound Effects Object. Aside from DLC categories only 3 categories are listed: Alerts, Mechanisms, Vehicles. There were many others previously such as Animals, UI, Earth Wind Fire, Retro, etc... seems to be missing many categories/sounds. Also text formating of category labels doesnt permit labels to fit, some dlc titles are broken up over multiple lines, hard to read.

4. Shardinator does not work on objects, may be intentional to only work on materials...unclear of intent. Noting it here so developers/community is aware.

Gameplay Issues:
5. Profile loading failed issue that has been reported by many others can also be confirmed on our system however some local players can join some others but not the other way around. Seems to depend on who is primarily logged in on PS3. Local only, have not tried online yet. Guest log in appears to work on all profiles.
6. Tutorials menu from Pod Computer, some boxes are not checked though they were viewed in Introduction Level, selecting some empty boxes freezes PS3 system. No option to play from the menu that I can see.
7. 4 players in Manglewood Hub, heading for 4x area, as soon as first player walks onto Layer Slide object, PS3 system freeze.
8. Like others have reported, some previous version game items from LBP2 dont seem to be present/unlocked. All purchased DLC DOES appear on our system however, luckily.
9. Using Settings menu to Unlock LBP1 goodies freezes PS3 system. Selecting Yes to import at first time game startup works. Confirmed and repeatable on our system.

I will attempt to email this report per Steven's remark in the original post.

Hoping to see fixes and updates soon, lots of potential in this game.
Capndigital
Message 33 of 457 (4,965 Views)
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Nov 20, 2014
Quick follow up addition I forgot to mention:
Create Mode (PS3 version)

Many items in popit show red exclamation image instead of item. On ones tested, the item will place and seem to function, just popit image is missing.
This was present on Materials, Objects,Decorations, etc.
Capndigital
Message 34 of 457 (4,946 Views)
0 Likes
LittleBigPlanet Developer
79 posts

Nov 20, 2014

Original Post Updated.

Missing Sound Objects
Issue: There are very few Sound Objects available in Create Mode.

Update: This is an issue with the catalogue and there should be a much wider range of new Sound Objects available. This will be fixed in our upcoming 1.3 update. (Date TBC)

Message 35 of 457 (4,939 Views)
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Nov 20, 2014
Thanks for the reply Steven. That is good to know. Looking forward to the update.
Capndigital
Message 36 of 457 (4,924 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2014

First off, I absolutely LOVE LBP3! Amazing job.

I've been reading through all the issues, and wanted to know if anyone has this problem:

PS4 Version

Imported LBP 1 and 2 but I'm definitely missing many earned items --- manily from LBP2 . I immediately noticed this when I saw I only had one light source, (I had a number of different lights  types  in LPB2).  Anyone else getting  partial imports like the above? I also hit errors last night, about 5-6 in a row. 2 in story and 3 in the community levels. Goes to an error screen with a code, then throws you out of the game completely. It's bad enough the load times are torture. 

Message 37 of 457 (4,893 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2014

I'm having a bug a bug also, Manglewood Swamp just won't load (ERROR CE-34878-0)

What I haven't seen anyone ask on this thread yet though - is this the proper place to be reporting bugs?  StevenI, you're our only hope!  How do we accurately report these things??!  The devs need the crowd to help them patch as soon as possible.

Thanks.

[EDIT] I had two profiles running the game, my son's kept crashing at the Swamp.  I played mine until I caught up with him, and MINE worked.  I'll check his tomorrow.

Message 38 of 457 (4,879 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 20, 2014
Dear Steven, if notice if you upload your lbp1 data from the ps3 it freezes and stops loading and your stop on the loading screen. Also the loading time for levels and when friends join takes forever compared to LBP2. If the levels didn't take so long to load on the ps3 I could enjoy it. Thanks for your time Smiley Happy
Message 39 of 457 (4,864 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4115 posts

Nov 20, 2014

KingWindsor1 wrote:
Dear Steven, if notice if you upload your lbp1 data from the ps3 it freezes and stops loading and your stop on the loading screen. Also the loading time for levels and when friends join takes forever compared to LBP2. If the levels didn't take so long to load on the ps3 I could enjoy it. Thanks for your time Smiley Happy

If I could have a friend join but it'd take "forever" I'd accept that, as on PS4 so far I can't join anyone yet, or have a friend join me. The process starts and errors out.

Message 40 of 457 (4,858 Views)
0 Likes