Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 25 2011
By: rini124 First Son 14 posts

LittleBigPlanet 2 - Unable to Import Profile Problem - Solution needed ASAP

18 replies 1145 views Edited Jan 25, 2011

After a week of e-mails back and forth, various checking, and calling as asked, I was told nothing could be done and to post here for more help...which is what I'm doing.

More or less, even though I 100%'d everything myself, I am unable to transfer my LBP1 data to LBP2 due to the fact that it says it won't import copied data. I originally played the game on my dad's PS3.

I already tried transferring it back to transfer it to LBP2--but I get the same error. I have tried backing up and replacing the current LBP1 data, I've tried deleting and reinstalling the games, I've tried deleting the LBP1 saved data and then importing the backed up one. Pretty much everything I've done has yet to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do that doesn't involve starting over in LBP1?

And as far as I can tell, the saved game is associated with my PSN and my PS3 (thus why I still received the error when putting it on my dad's) So I'm not sure what the problem is.

I also was able to import my data during the LBP2 Beta just fine. :/

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (1,145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
567 posts

Re: LittleBigPlanet 2 - Unable to Import Profile Problem - Solution needed ASAP

Jan 26, 2011

I am confused. So you played the game on your dad's PS3, transferred data to yours, and then now you are using your dad's?

If this is the case, it reminds me of San Andreas on PS2... my brother first played it at a friend's, and then borrowed it. He saved the progress on memory card. Later he bought a copy of it for himself - and me hehe. Our most played game by the way, hehe. Anyway we soon found out that the data saved from the other disk could not be used with our copy, so we had to start all over.

So perhaps LBP1 data was copyable, but to import it back to the original with LBP2 may be the problem. Maybe LBP2 doesn't allow copied data from the first one becasue some people may buy LBP2 and not have played LBP1..  so they take a friend's profile and copy. Maybe this is to prevent that and force people to buy the first one? Maybe it assumes you are 'cheating' and this is designed to prevent it. Just a theory.

If this is the case, maybe you do have to replay it on the same machine you plan to play LBP2 on. Ugh!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (1,145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 26, 2011

No, I'm using my own PS3 now. First part is correct though--I played on my dad's first.

That's the reason there's the whole copied data thing to begin with...which really is silly because who would want LBP2 without playing one? Similarly, who cares if some people have fake trophies without earning them? It's screwed up to punish those who did and for whatever reason, had to transfer their data, and not let them be able to have what they should.

I already know -why- it isn't, I'm asking for a way for it to let me because there's no -reason- it should. And I already tried playing it on my dad's PS3 after this and I received the same error.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (1,145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
567 posts

Jan 26, 2011

If you know why it is, then there's no way around it! Why answer so rudely with the dashes like I-am-dumb? Like wow I just wanted to help...

And people may get the second one as a gift or something... I have games where I haven't even played the first ones.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (1,145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 26, 2011

Except it doesn't make -sense- why it is. And there's other people with the same issue just because they -changed their e-mail- among other silly reasons. And I wasn't answering rudely or calling you dumb, so please don't make assumptions.

Well, I don't know many people who just play a sequel of a game and have no interest to actually get the first and vice versa if they really enjoyed it. :/

Not to mention I said in my first post I wanted advice -besides replaying the game-. ._.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (1,145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
567 posts

Jan 26, 2011

Just try replaying part of it, and importing it... then atleast youll know.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (1,145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 26, 2011

That works since it gets rid of the "copied" message--I already know that though which is why I'm looking for a fix that won't need me having re-100% everything, remake a bunch of things, among other issues. :/

I don't care if I still can't earn trophies (as frustrating as it is), I just want to be able to import my data.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (1,145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jan 27, 2011

Short and sweet:

You can't. It sucks. I'm truly sorry.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (1,145 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Feb 7, 2013
Greetings Fellow LBP players,

I have encountered a problem with regards to the Little Big Planet 2 special edition. I have a save file of a standard LBP2. When I bought the LBP2 special edition , I had no problem with regards of migrating the progress I had from the standard one. It read my game profile from the standard one. Almost a year of not playing LBP2, I wanted to play it again. The odd thing is that when I started the game, it asked for many updates ( the kind of a new install if you are first time playing the game) so I just continued with the updates. But as I continued, I was confused since it asked if I wanted to import my profile from the first LPB. Also it started form the prologue part. I exited the game and I checked the my game data utility, and I was relieved that my save profile from the standard one was still there but also there was a new game profile created. What’s even more eccentric is that there 2 data utiliyy for LBP2 one for the standard ( 1.++GB) and the Special Edition (2.++ GB) I never had encountered this kind of problem before when I started the LBP2: SE before.

Is there an update am I still missing? How can I get it to read my existing profile from LBP2?

Your helpful feedbacks are greatly appreciated. I would be so grateful if someone can help me out there.

Thank You for your time.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (1,044 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Feb 7, 2013
There is no real error with what you've encountered as LBP2 SE is read by your PS3 as a different game from LBP2 standard... To get your game save to your SE of LBP2 you'll have to manually import your game save providing you have previously manually backed it up during your time of playing your copy of the standard version of LBP2...
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (1,042 Views)