Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Re: Little Big Planet audio issues

Oct 29, 2008
I'd be willing to bet that the problem is in your audio settings. Try a different HDMI or optic cable if you have one, or try running the audio through the standard RCA cables that came with the PS3. My friend has had audio issues w/ different games and it's always been the settings/cable setup (3X). Just keep tinkering, I doubt it's your game. Hope this helps man! Good luck!
S.S.D.D.
Message 11 of 18 (1,324 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Oct 31, 2008
I have the same problem you do.   sometimes when LBP starts up I have no sound, sometimes I do.  I have the same setup you do.  HDMI going from PS3 to my LG Scarlette---> optical goin from tv to receiver. 
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 12 of 18 (1,324 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Oct 31, 2008

its something in your audio settings

when i play oblivion i have to change the audio settings from the default settings or it pops horrible

also it could be the way your systems are hooked to one another but if you are getting picture with your hdmi cable then there shouldn't be anything wrong with your cable that would mess up the sound

its all digital if one part of its working the rest is

Message 13 of 18 (1,324 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Oct 31, 2008
well at first i thought it might be because hdmi is uncompressed and optical is compressed, but i turned the speakers for my tv on and it still didnt work.  dont know,  also have problems with voice channels on some games like saints row 2.  gonna have to test it out with different settings to see if i can figure somethin out.  probably end up just hooking optical from tv to a switcher, as well as another optical straight from ps3 to swithcher to eliminate the hdmi audio on my ps3 since that seams to be the most obvious link to be messing up.  had no problems before getting new tv back when i used only optical with component.
Message 14 of 18 (1,324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Oct 31, 2008
I have had LBP since Tuesday and have been playing it fine until today.  I now have no audio.  Every other game I play does, just not LBP.  I even tried deleting all the save and game files and restarting.  No good, still no audio.  Not sure why all of the sudden it quit working, not good though.
Update.
I can get audio if I unplug the HDMI cable from the PS3 and then plug it back in.  I have to do this everytime I load LBP.  Still the only game that this happens with.
Also, this is the first time I have loaded it since I got the last update.  Not sure if it is related or not.
Message Edited by Capnfx on 10-31-2008 07:20 PM
Message Edited by Capnfx on 10-31-2008 07:26 PM
wash your hands when you are done
Message 15 of 18 (1,324 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Nov 1, 2008
I have a sound issue as well which dosn't always happen and rarely happens but when i start the game i get a buzzing kind of sound to the beat of the sounds that aresuppost to be playing but when i go to the xmb and restart the game its all fine
Message 16 of 18 (1,324 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Nov 12, 2008

--Update--

The newest PS3 firmware 2.52 seems to have solved all my audio problems.  Still have HDMI-->TV-->optical-->reicever.  Havent had any audio issues with LBP anymore and all the voice problems I was having with games like Saints Row 2 and Silent hill have corrected themselves.  Thanks Sony.

Message 17 of 18 (1,324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 23, 2012

i have the same problem i dont no wat to do Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 18 (1,303 Views)
0 Likes