Dec 04 2012
By: cobrafang Keyblade Wielder 9712 posts
Accepted Solution

LBP Vita material question?

5 replies 292 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

In previous games there was dark matter which was useful for hanging stuff from but in this Vita game I see no material with the same characteristic as dark matter.  Am I missing it or something?  What can I use to just suspend stuff from off-camera?

Message 1 of 6 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: LBP Vita material question?

Dec 5, 2012
I'm not familiar with dark matter, but there is the invisible material in LBP Vita.
Message 2 of 6 (287 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Dec 9, 2012

cobrafang wrote:

In previous games there was dark matter which was useful for hanging stuff from but in this Vita game I see no material with the same characteristic as dark matter.  Am I missing it or something?  What can I use to just suspend stuff from off-camera?

In LBPV, Dark Matter is no longer needed because any given material can be made "Static" which has the same effect as "Dark Matter".  When using a material, on the same screen where you choose which shape you want to use, the top of the screen has the option of "Dynamic" (the material will be movable) and "Static" (the material will always stay put).

Hope that helps!

Message 3 of 6 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9712 posts

Dec 18, 2012
Message 4 of 6 (255 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

You're welcome!

I should have also mentioned that any object already created can be made Static.  Hover your popit cursor over an object and hit the Square button (instead of using the X button to grab it).  A menu comes up and one option down a bit lets you choose Static or Dynamic.

Of course, another option which is something I use for LBP2 is to use a Gravity Tweaker in the Tools (the Pink one, not the Blue/Purple one).  I forget the exact settings, but a Gravity Tweaker will also allow an object to stay put.

Message 5 of 6 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

Dec 18, 2012

DistantWords wrote:
I forget the exact settings, but a Gravity Tweaker will also allow an object to stay put.

Dampening and Anti-Gravity to 100%.

Message 6 of 6 (238 Views)
0 Likes