Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 27 2012
By: Sprain18 First Son 3 posts

LBP Vita Astronaut Costume cannot be downloaded for Vita-only owners?! Help!

17 replies 982 views Edited Sep 27, 2012

Hey everyone,

As the topic suggests, at this time, it seems that Vita-only owners (i.e. those who DO NOT own a PS3) are unable to download the week one celebratory astronaut costume. While it shows up on the search via the PS Store, there is no option available to download it. Apparently, however, people are able to download it from their PS3 without issues. This, not surprisingly, is very frustrating, as I (as well as others) were led to believe that this was a week 1 bonus for everyone who bought LBP Vita, not just those with a PS3 as well. While I understand I'm a minority here, I feel that this is a minor oversight that is easily rectified. Does anyone know if anything is being done to address this? Is there any potential 'work around'?

Appreciate your time,

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (982 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2483 posts

Re: LBP Vita Astronaut Costume cannot be downloaded for Vita-only owners?! Help!

Sep 27, 2012
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita> Community > Store > Browse > Spacesuit Costume > Enjoy!
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (969 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11034 posts

Re: LBP Vita Astronaut Costume cannot be downloaded for Vita-only owners?! Help!

Sep 27, 2012
Not that easy, ixnine. The costume isn't there, period.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (965 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2483 posts

Sep 27, 2012
Hmm... Now I'm stumped. :/
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (962 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Well, I can't really experiment with this since I initially downloaded it to my PS3 and then copied the Vita version over. Now, when I am in the Playstation Store on my Vita, it's listed along with all the other costumes, and I can download it. This might be because I already got it on my PS3, but it doesn't make sense that you can't since it is also obviously a Vita costume and Free, and not only that, but it shows up in a search, so I'm sure they will work to get this fixed.

Though, I will say that I find it strange that so many Vita owners don't have PS3s. I mean, it's not like there are a lot of handheld consoles to choose from other than phones, but there are so many things that you're missing out on. Not only LBP2, but also a few amazing exclusives like Valkyria Chronicles and Metal Gear Solid 4.

On top of that, the new PS3 model was just released, bundled with Uncharted 3 another great exclusive, which got a 10/10 on IGN. It's 270 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-250GB-Uncharted-Bundle-PlayStation-3/dp/B009CYJ8SA/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&...

And yeah, the only problem with Amazon.com is that they let people "review" things even if they haven't bought the product. *rolls eyes*

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (954 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
972 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

do you have a friend with a ps3 you can put you account on timperaraly if so that would be a way arund it 

and if you are going to serch it its not space suit its astronaut costume

and if you are able to purchus it but not dl it in lbp v go to the store then my stuff at the top you will see not yet downloaded and you can download it from ther

i am dyslexic don't bather flaming for spelling and punctuation errors it will do no good and make you look like a fool for poking fun at the handicapped

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (948 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Sep 27, 2012

I'm curious as to what happens once search "Astronaut" and clicked on the link? Because if you can search it you should be able to download it! Is it possible for you to take a screen shot once you've clicked on the link for better trouble shooting? 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (926 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11034 posts

Sep 27, 2012
The costume can be found by searching "astronaut", but there is no button to buy/download it.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Sep 27, 2012
Have you tried contacting Sony about this?
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (921 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Sep 27, 2012
What about from within the game store?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (911 Views)
0 Likes