Sep 19 2012
By: BUD_TOKER_13 I Only Post Everything 986 posts

LBP:V server lag

[ Edited ]
8 replies 256 views Edited Sep 19, 2012

is it just me or are the servers realy laged i even checked my speen and im running 8mbs so i shuld have no lag but its almost imposible to play online with other ppl

i am dyslexic don't bather flaming for spelling and punctuation errors it will do no good and make you look like a fool for poking fun at the handicapped

Get your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 9 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: LBP:V server lag

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

I think it uses servers for multi player. I definitely may be wrong, but doesn't one out of the four players usually be the host? That's why some games are stupidly laggy, and some are perfect (such as when you are the host).

Edit: *I don't think it uses servers for multi player.

Message 2 of 9 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Sep 19, 2012
Push x to jump.......... Wait for it.......... Wait for it.......... Oh now Sackboy jumps! ***Bleep***
Message 3 of 9 (244 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
986 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Chris---Kristy wrote:
Push x to jump.......... Wait for it.......... Wait for it.......... Oh now Sackboy jumps! ***Bleep***

LOL ya i hope thy fix it i had to tern off my mic cus i was cusing to much all i want to do is get the two player prize bubbles but the lag is a killer

i am dyslexic don't bather flaming for spelling and punctuation errors it will do no good and make you look like a fool for poking fun at the handicapped

Get your Portable ID!
Message 4 of 9 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Sep 19, 2012
Me and my son played Story levels together yesterday. It was comical, the lag. Made me wish for Ad-Hoc so much! It shouldn't be so bad, hope they can do something about it in the LBPV Servers.
Message 5 of 9 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9712 posts

Sep 19, 2012
Probably like on the PS3 it is only as good as the weakest link.
Message 6 of 9 (222 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Oct 22, 2012
I think its hosted on the gameleasers vita. thats also the problem. because th vita isnt build to be a server. it causes to demand to much from the CPU. because it is used to run the game you get terrible lag. even if both vitas are in the same room. The lag is not the worst part. the worst part is that the controls in online play are server sided. wich is rediculous! because every game on every platform whatsoever uses client sided controls, except for onlive.

It should be client sided so that every player atleast doesnt have lag on their controls...
Message 7 of 9 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Since the game released officially in NA I've had more and more problems with LBPV. I can't even create with much smoothness unless I have the internet OFF on my Vita.

Just changing my costume in my POD takes so long and saving one and piecing one together ... lag, lag, lag, and it's only supposedly on my PS Vita ... but with the internet off, that's all smooth.

How about playing other's levels? Forget it. I try now and then to play something, but usually give up before it'll load. I try again and again, and I wait for several minutes, true minutes, before giving up. I loved this game in BETA, the little bit of lag was nothing compared to now. I am nearly about to get rid of this game. I mean, it's THAT BAD.

No fun when it was the MAIN reason I got interested in the PS Vita for sure, being a day 1 early purchaser. I was eager for this game.

So now if I want to play something I have to have the internet off. What fun is that?

Creating, sure, that's OK, if I remember to do it before I start LBPV. If not, it's no use pausing and turning off. Have to quit LBPV and then preferably put Airplane Mode on. It's easier to deal with it. Don't bother wishing to play anybody elses levels. 19/20 won't load at all.

It's not bad bandwidth  or speed or anything on my side.  it's the game servers. I mean I don't even TRY to play with anyone else anymore. I can't play with just me.

Royally messed up.

Message 8 of 9 (146 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Oct 27, 2012

And so I gave it another go, took so long but I let it churn away ... and after many, many minutes of just waiting for any of the level lists to load just badges, then the planet on the top of the list level, and then the info to let you queu or download the level as well ...  I was able to see all the badges load that were showing, then scrolled down and the last few were slowly coming in still.

So I played one thing I'd played before. I replayed it a few times too. Then I looked at the different lists and everything was there. So it resolved THIS time for me. Usually I do give it all the time in the world without anything much getting better.

So I went to my moon and loaded a work space I already had, and things were jiffy nice, until after a while at getting comfy again, creating a vehicle, no thermometer rise at all yet, voila! My whole Vita froze.

At least they've said they are working on it, found on getsatisfaction ... like they know what it is and there is a patch in the works, written 4 days ago. I don't have the link, it's in another post on this forum, similar topic post.

I'm going to not try again though until a patch is released, then with fingers crossed, we'll see.

Message 9 of 9 (136 Views)
0 Likes