Splicer
92 posts

Re: LBP: Game of the Year edition costumes not honored?

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

Chris---Kristy wrote:
I feel like your example was a bad one... My opinion!
By buying the GOTY edition of LBP you did not buy any DLC... The DLC was built into that game so technically speaking its no longer DLC but a part of the game itself now! Cross-Buy is for DLC that you have previous purchased...

That's right, but only in a trivial, technical sense. I understand the proximate cause for why I don't have the content, but I stop short at feeling different about ownership of content, the same file, because it's located on the surface of an optical disc instead of on a magnetic hard disk. I know that that's their policy, I'm just saying that doesn't mean anyone has to act like it's optimal.

Chris---Kristy wrote:
If I remember correctly when accessing those DLC levels from the game wasn't there an added menu section or did you have to access them via the "My Content" section? If you go into the "My Content" section to those DLC does it say purchased or does it give you a price?

It says purchased. Ditto with the store section in LBP2.

BUD_TOKER_13 wrote:
atualy its mor like buying a dvd box set of a tv show and then expecting to get a digital copy for you ipod for free when you did not pay extra for the digital copy
...which Sony actually did in some regions with PSP games when the PSPgo came out. But anyway, in this case it's a bit more complicated because it's a part of a work instead of a full, complete work like a DVD. In this case, it's like if there was a DVD with a bonus features menu where you could watch special features in iPod size (but still only on the disc), or you could buy a bare-bones DVD and separately download those features to the your hard drive and watch them via the DVD, and only later did they come out with the iPod itself. It's a little less cut-and-dry, eh?
Message 11 of 19 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Sep 30, 2012
Again... I'm not meaning to be a *****Bleep***** and I'm not at all saying you don't have a right to the DLC for the Vita!
How is Sony suppose to figure out who owns the GOTY edition since the information of DLC is on disc and not in the PS Store? I think that's a realistic question to ask! Another point at reason why you might not be able to is because at the present moment in time I could take my regular LBP1 game and with trade in value I could get the GOTY edition for cheaper then the cost of the DLC that included so again that's not fair to the people that have purchased the DLC via the PS Store but then at the same time you could say its not fair to the people who paid full price of the GOTY edition when it first came out... Still a point that should be pointed out I feel!
I've been awake for over 24 hours working 2/3rds of that time so sorry for my dragging on with the topic more... I blame it on the lack of sleep!
Message 12 of 19 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Chris---Kristy wrote:
Again... I'm not meaning to be a *****Bleep***** and I'm not at all saying you don't have a right to the DLC for the Vita!
Ok, thanks!

How is Sony suppose to figure out who owns the GOTY edition since the information of DLC is on disc and not in the PS Store?
Right, there's the problem. It's possible in a technical sense--they could trigger certain flags on your account based on your LBP2 profile info, for example, that would carry over with LBP's server's account information but wouldn't necessarily do anything via the PS Store. But, that would be more complicated and it would be surprising if they ever did that.

Another point at reason why you might not be able to is because at the present moment in time I could take my regular LBP1 game and with trade in value I could get the GOTY edition for cheaper then the cost of the DLC that included so again that's not fair to the people that have purchased the DLC via the PS Store

They don't seem to have been too concerned about that with LBP2 though--anyone can do that with LBP2 as we speak.

I guess my main complaint is the lack of communication from MM on the issue, and how what content anyone "owns" seems more based on the ease of implementing it, than on any real facts about what files people have in their living rooms. This is one problem with DRM. For what it's worth, I'm glad that they are doing Cross-Buy with costumes at all, it adds a lot to the value proposition of $1-$2 per costume and feeling of interconnectedness of the games.

I've been awake for over 24 hours working 2/3rds of that time so sorry for my dragging on with the topic more... I blame it on the lack of sleep!

Whoa, don't work too hard!

Message 13 of 19 (365 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
972 posts

Sep 30, 2012

whell thy did say all your dlc would be transferible and becus the game of the year its not techicly dlc becus its on disc as for lbp 2 it was a save file transfer not realy shared dlc or cross buy wish thy would add updates to let you trayed content back and forth maby agter the cross contoler update right LOL

i am dyslexic don't bather flaming for spelling and punctuation errors it will do no good and make you look like a fool for poking fun at the handicapped

Get your Portable ID!
Message 14 of 19 (357 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Oct 4, 2012

darthmilo77 wrote:

I have the GOTY edition of LittleBigPlanet 1, but my Metal Gear, Historical People, etc. costumes aren't showing up as cross buy in the Vita version (they work fine in LBP2 though). Anyone know if this is a known issue?

That's odd to me...  I have the GOTY edition as well, and though the collected items from the DLC on the disc does show up in LBP2, I cannot use any of it.  Anytime I try, it tells me what DLC pack it came from and points out that I do not own it so I cannot use it.  I can't even edit any level that had any of the DLC, even if just to remove said DLC...

Message 15 of 19 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Oct 7, 2012
@DistantWords
Have you used a regular LBP1 disc since using the GOTY edition?
Message 16 of 19 (314 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Chris---Kristy wrote:
@DistantWords
Have you used a regular LBP1 disc since using the GOTY edition?

No, LBP GOTY was my first LBP, I never had the non GOTY.. Well, I never actually finished the first game, and after beating 2 with my wife, we've got the itch to go through the first one.  She never played so I'm going to start fresh with 1. Will see what happens after we beat it when I try importing again to 2.

Message 17 of 19 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Oct 20, 2012
About 6 days ago Simon Rosenkotter who is an employee at Tarsier said that they are currently looking into this... https://getsatisfaction.com/littlebigplanet/topics/_lbp_vita_official_word_required_g_o_t_y_and_coll...
Message 18 of 19 (274 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Oct 22, 2012

I figured out what went wrong for me.  I have two PS3s, one in the living room and one in the bedroom.  The bedroom one almost never gets played.  Well, when I started LBP2 a few weeks ago, I forgot that I had swapped the PS3s a while back due to the living room one getting full (hard drive wise) and the bedroom one was almost empty.  So I swapped and it's been so long I had forgotten.

So, basically, the one in the living room now use to be in the bedroom, and even though I did have the save data on it (I try and keep my save data on both systems via the cloud), that PS3 had never actually played LBP.

I found this out on Friday because I decided to let my kids watch TV in the living room and I played LBP2 in the bedroom, and when I did, it asked me if I wanted to import my LBP1 collection, even though that save data technically already had.

So anyway, yeah, it's working now!  Which kind of sucks becasue I already purchased the Metal Gear Solid pack...  Oh well.

Message 19 of 19 (263 Views)
0 Likes